Where To Buy 2nd Battery For 2015 IZIP E3 Dash

When my battery fails I have been looking at changing to an Allcell SE-4814. It will require some rewiring but the battery capacity is 14.5 ah vrs the 8 ah of the Izip battery. It mounts in the same location on the frame. See the attached data sheet for further information.
Pretty cool, but you'd have to rewire that whole cage to the motor, do some splicing into that main power feed. Wouldn't be too hard as long as Currie has a tech doc with all the wiring.

Well, my IZIP Dash just got stolen (there goes $3,000 :( )

I can't afford another beautiful bike like this, so I'm currently investigating if it's worth it to try to repurpose my (brand-new) battery with a BBS02 DIY kit and a cheapo donor bike

If I can't make that work (I have no DIY skills whatsoever) I might just get a cheapo ready-to-ride like Sondors Thin or E-Glide SS, and try to sell my battery here or on eBay

My original battery failed so this new one literally has about 5-10 miles on it. What would be a fair price for it?

I can't afford another beautiful bike like this, so I'm currently investigating if it's worth it to try to repurpose my (brand-new) battery with a BBS02 DIY kit and a cheapo donor bike

If I can't make that work (I have no DIY skills whatsoever) I might just get a cheapo ready-to-ride like Sondors Thin or E-Glide SS, and try to sell my battery here or on eBay

My original battery failed so this new one literally has about 5-10 miles on it. What would be a fair price for it?
Sorry to hear...
Before you throw in the towel, watch Crazy Lenny's demo page. He has had some low mileage Dash demo bikes for approximately the same cost as the cheap bikes you are considering???
If it worked out you may have a spare battery in the deal.

Just a thought.

I don't think the IZIP battery is a good fit for the BBSS02. I think if you can get $500 for it from someone who wants a dedicated battery for the Dash or Peak then sell it. I own an Izip Peak and replaced the original battery with a 48v 13.5ah frame mounted battery from Luna Cycle. Total cost including shipping was around $500. This battery is far superior to the Izip battery which cost a lot more. If you find a donor bike you might find someone to build it out for you with a BBS02. The BBS02 makes a great bike. You might also consider purchasing a CrossCurrent by Juiced Bikes. They cost about $1500 and would perform a lot closer to your Dash than a Sondor. Do you live in a home with homeowners insurance? Might be able to file a claim with your policy and get some funds that way.

Consider selling your battery on ebay and that will give you several hundred dollars to put toward a replacement bike.

I'll make a separate thread in the appropriate forum, but it looks like the overwhelming advice is it's better to sell this to a current IZIP owner, so I'll go ahead and do that. This is a virtually new battery (less than 10 miles on it--my original battery conked out after 2 years and I bought this one less than a week before my bike got stolen)

I also have the original charger--I'll sell both for 400 to anyone from this forum. PM me if interested and I'll set up a private eBay auction so that you'll be protected by their guarantee :)

Back