When will companies reveal 2020 models?

Mikaylablossoms

I had finally decided on buying a 2019 Electra loft go 8i, mostly cause of local dealer support - only to learn they’re sold out. The dealer couldn’t even order one or see a date when they next batch would come and told me that in his experience that meant the bike was being discontinued.

I hope Electra is planning to replace it with something even better

Most bike/ebike manufactures introduce new models to the public at Eurobike (August) and Interbike U.S. (September) shows. New models start showing up at dealers after those shows. Some aren't available until late winter or spring the following year. There are occasionally early releases, but most new bike models are introduced at the big industry shows.

Most bike/ebike manufactures introduce new models to the public at Eurobike (August) and Interbike U.S. (September) shows. New models start showing up at dealers after those shows. Some aren't available until late winter or spring the following year. There are occasionally early releases, but most new bike models are introduced at the big industry shows.
Do you know a good source to follow news from these trade shows? I want to know about all the new model announcements. I noticed that sometimes they have pre-order discounts

Some Specialized 2020 models are available now. Vado and Como for sure - our two 2020 Como bikes should be ready today. On the shopping pages at Specialized.com for those models you can select to filter for 2020 or 2019 models. Como is similar geometry to an Electra, but they don't have any internal gear models like the Loft Go 8i.

Someone posted a link to R&Ms 2020 lineup on the forum, can't remember where though.

I had finally decided on buying a 2019 Electra loft go 8i, mostly cause of local dealer support - only to learn they’re sold out. The dealer couldn’t even order one or see a date when they next batch would come and told me that in his experience that meant the bike was being discontinued.

I hope Electra is planning to replace it with something even better
That’s too bad. They were on my list to consider- I thought the loft was an attractive bike with classic style, and for the price, it came “fully loaded”.

Back