What's the Blue Book Sales Price of your Bike? Am I asking/paying too much?

zipur

Region
USA
I came across this web site. Pretty interesting, so I thought I would share.
Could be helpful if you’re looking for a a used bike. Knowledge is power, even if you don’t agree with this web site pricing.

Last edited:
I came across this web site. Pretty interesting, so I thought I would share.
Could be helpful if you’re looking for a a used bike. Knowledge is power, even if you don’t agree with this web site pricing.

Its fairly accurate. I know bike shops that use it to buy used bikes for resale. I sold a bike to a shop last summer and they used the BBB to determine the price they paid me. I have friends that have done the same for years. The biggest issue is that many private sellers over estimate the value of their bikes. Bikes have to be in great condition to get the BBB price. Shops will charge more for resale because the often back the sale for 30 to 90 days.

Like many things on the "internets", take it with a grain of salt.

When a buyer really wants something, they either pay for it, or don't and forget about it.

Confident dealers/flippers will pretty much ignore a buyer's price match plea on some website.

Back