What would you do with 4000W power?

pushkar

Theoretically speaking .. if there was more power available....

Say...

3000W nominal (4000W peak)...
or 3500W nominal (4200W peak)....
or... say 4000W nominal (4500W peak)

What use case would we need it for ? Trade off is incredible motor wear and tear. Really limited range..

Absolutely theoretically speaking. :cool:

Even as a commuter, I do not have a use case for that kind of power. If I needed it I’d just take the motorcycle.

What I value more for my commuter bike is robustness and dependability.

I can't think of a use case for 4000W or more watts other than for speed. I'm in accord with onlineaddy, if I want to go 50mph or more I'd rather do so on a motorcycle.

Well, if such bikes from the original post catch on, I think I'd dedicate some work to a purpose-built trailer, so one could carry the necessary batteries to be able to go more than 10 miles. ;)

Challenge the tractors at the county fair?

tenor.gif

Only if you can provide the same long term reliability and range. The power would be there "just in case" and likely never be used.

If the wear and tear on the motor, IGH, or belt are compromised with even 3000W, then I likely won't want or use that much power. I believe most of the folks that signed up for the super bike was for the low maintenance and reliability as the primary factors with extra power as secondary.

Like @Ayl said, if you need more than 45mph speed you should just get a motorcycle and it'll be cheaper than the super bike.

Reactions: Ayl
Well from my standpoint with a 750w motor and a Rohloff I should be able to climb trees.

Extra power might be nice if you were pulling a trailer. Having that extra power and a trailer that could carry 400+lbs would be a big deal I think.

If the supplied power compared to the human input is so high that it makes human input insignificant(hence pedaling pointless) then it is no longer a bicycle.

If the cargo requires 3-4KW of power then maybe it is time to think about a car.

Theoretically speaking .. if there was more power available....

Say...

3000W nominal (4000W peak)...
or 3500W nominal (4200W peak)....
or... say 4000W nominal (4500W peak)

What use case would we need it for ? Trade off is incredible motor wear and tear. Really limited range..

Absolutely theoretically speaking. :cool:
I would be open to it. But with a few caveats. The motor would need to be easily programmable, like a few presses on the Bafang screen easy (no cable attached to a computer). I would want to program the motor for Superbike specs, buy occasionally program the bike for Turbo Superbike specs when I want to use the bike essentially as a motorcycle. I would accept reduced range at the "turbo" setting, but I would need assurances from the manufacturer that the bike is made for turbo mode and will not damage the internally geared hub and other components. That assurance would be in the form of the warranty. Cost, I would pay slightly more for the turbo mode, perhaps $500, but no more. The use case would be limited, more like a party trick similar to a bunch of Tesla features. But turbo mode would be a nice differentiator for WW in this segment. There are bikes out there, like HPC Revolution, that do massive wattage motors. Of course they look like motorcycles given the batteries that are needed for the range.

I would continue to use the 100w or so that I use most of the time. BUT, I would have an incredible reserve on tap for those "special" occasions....

(raised in the days of the muscle cars, so loving the idea of a "sleeper")

I would trade it for distance and comfort..main reason I am buying the 3 bikes is low maintenance and hopefully reliability. I can’t keep so called normal bikes running , can’t imagine the hassles this would be. . Perfect the current bikes even more, make the best torque sensor even more human like .

Remember the foolish grin almost every gets on the 1st ride? Improve it , make it happen every time years later

A bike like this becomes a boat, sure is nice to go for a ride , glad my neighbor or friend owns it not me...

Excellent points everyone. This stemmed from the fact that we actually can go up to 4k nominal.. that is the practical max we can do on the controller.

With the new controller, our performance is leaps and bounds better than anything out there. Here is what one of the super early test rig customers has said ....

Btw, I am very impressed with the revised controller...a lot more power & smoother delivery. I used to ride in Sport 3, now Eco 3 & Sport 1 are faster!!

And this is at 1000W nominal! The 2300 W is a class of its own. After testing this more and more.. I am convinced that the nominal 750W will be incredible for a vast majority of the riders. The power and performance of the motor just shines.

I cant wait for everyone to ride the bike....

Excellent points everyone. This stemmed from the fact that we actually can go up to 4k nominal.. that is the practical max we can do on the controller.

With the new controller, our performance is leaps and bounds better than anything out there. Here is what one of the super early test rig customers has said ....

And this is at 1000W nominal! The 2300 W is a class of its own. After testing this more and more.. I am convinced that the nominal 750W will be incredible for a vast majority of the riders. The power and performance of the motor just shines.

I cant wait for everyone to ride the bike....
70W - 2300W nominal all configurable correct?

70W - 2300W nominal all configurable correct?

If you get 2300W, you can downtune to 750. Doesn't work the other way.

By end of the year / early next year, we will update firmware to allow pre-configured steps - 2300 / 2000 /1500 / 1000 / 750. That will need the additional display unit and a firmware upgrade ...

Back