What is this device for? (2020 Superdelite)

Machokie

I've had my Superdelite for two weeks now....love it. I noticed this device yesterday while taking a close look at the motor. Can anyone tell me what it is/what it does? It looks a bit fragile and exposed to me. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1897.jpeg
    IMG_1897.jpeg
    612.8 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 457
Can you trace the wiring from the device to see where it ends up?

The wire disappears into the frame. No sign of an "untapped" wire anywhere on the handle bars. Anyone else have a horn with no way to use it?

It’s the horn. You should have a horn button. I think it’s a legal requirement for the HS model

Thanks Squaxor. There is no horn button on my bike...my dealer told me they do not put horns on the GX optioned bikes for the USA. Seems dumb no not enable the horn if it is installed on the bike.

Thanks Squaxor. There is no horn button on my bike...my dealer told me they do not put horns on the GX optioned bikes for the USA. Seems dumb no not enable the horn if it is installed on the bike.
I have a SuperDelite 2020 GX HS Rohloff and I have a horn and button here in the US.
20200825_120555.jpg 20200825_120619.jpg

Wow, I have never seen the horn in that position Steve? It looks like it has a special frame for it to sit in also?

I found my horn button...it was behind the dropper post lever pointed at the ground! I'l need to move to be useable. Shame on my dealer for telling me they do not put horns on GX versions!....If I buy another R&M I'll do so from another dealer.

Last edited:
I hate that when sales people pretend to know everything and feel compelled to feed you bs when they don't know the answer to a questions instead of saying, I'll find out and let you know. It betrays a lack of integrity and honesty.

I don't think you should be using the horn on shared trails. Use a bell.
The horn is more intended for on-street riding alongside cars. There you need a horn as loud as theirs.
Absolutely agree. On trails you don't want to startle people, just call your presence to them. You sometimes do need a horn on a mixed use trail if a pedestrian has shut out the world with ear buds.

The horn can never be loud enough, I have both bell and horn and and people with ear buds or headphones still don't hear them, I am considering adding an air horn just for those special people.

I usually ring the bell some distance back, people either hear the bell and step to one side, or stop and turn around which is really annoying because they are on a trail with dozens of bikes passing.

Back