What is the Himiway Cruiser step through seat height, TIA

Eviltwin

Region
USA
Howdy. I have a lead on a slightly used Himiway cruiser, the step through model. Seller says the seat height is 32 inches, but I just wanted to verify that. I'm trying to avoid a bike with a high seat height and cross bar since I have a couple of replacement hips and 29" inseam. I'm ok with about a 32" height on a MC, that I can get both feet down and a bike seat isnt nearly as wide as a MC seat.

And since it is a used bike, there wont be any warranty on it, so as long all the parts are working when I get it, I'll be on the hook for whatever happens afterward.

Thanks, I do have a good amount of bike seat time in my earlier years, I'm just trying to keep the seat height down as much as possible.

Right from the Himiway site......

All Terrain Step Thru Electric Bike​

• D -- Minimum Seat Height 28"
  • E -- Maximum Seat Height 36.5"

This is because when you're on the bicycle, you will need to pedal.

As you can see, unlike motorcycle, your leg will be extended, so you won't be able to reach your feet on the ground if you're on the seat.

Unlike motorcycles, you will step off the seat when you're not riding.
This is not true. I don't pedal my Himiway Cruiser. Throttle only, I never pedal.
And when I stop I don't have to get off the seat either and my feet touch the ground.
Because I don't pedal I can put the seat lower. Its all am matter of preference from one rider to another.

Except I'm not gassing it up...I'm charging it. And I ride it on the sidewalks whenever possible. If no sidewalk I ride against traffic to be safe. 😉
THAT IS NOT SAFE. DRIVERS LOOK WITH TRAFFIC FLOW FOR CYCLISTS. YOUR ARE VERY, VERY WRONG TO THINK DRIVERS WILL KNOW YOU ARE THERE.

THAT IS NOT SAFE. DRIVERS LOOK WITH TRAFFIC FLOW FOR CYCLISTS. YOUR ARE VERY, VERY WRONG TO THINK DRIVERS WILL KNOW YOU ARE THERE.
Some drivers are not looking at all. Its safer then having a distracted driver hit me from behind and I have zero time to react. At least if I see them coming I can get out of the way. SO YES .......IT IS THE SAFER ALTERNATIVE.

😑

You imagined this one particular situation where distracted driver happen to go on the cycling lane, and you happen to be there facing towards the driver.
Then you jumped onto the conclusion that it is safer to ride in the wrong direction in all situation.

You can't ignore all the other scenarios and possibilities just because you happen to come up with this one particular situation where facing wrong direction "might" be safer.

Is this actually statistically safer to ride your ebike in the wrong direction? Is there legitimate research stating that?
It is my understanding that traffic engineers would say following the flow of traffic is generally safer.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a traffic engineer, but you can't ignore 100 dangers just because there is 1 situation that could save you by riding your ebike in a wrong direction.
I am not saying he is right or wrong, but I do remember when I was a kid back in the 60's , we were told that we should ride and walk against the traffic flow.

Back then we didn't have side walks just big ditches. If you went against the flow you could see what was coming towards you. That way you could move off to the side out of the way when traffic came because there was just not a lot of room for everyone to be on the road.

Now a days, things have changed, rules and laws have changed.

Bruce

Howdy. I have a lead on a slightly used Himiway cruiser, the step through model. Seller says the seat height is 32 inches, but I just wanted to verify that. I'm trying to avoid a bike with a high seat height and cross bar since I have a couple of replacement hips and 29" inseam. I'm ok with about a 32" height on a MC, that I can get both feet down and a bike seat isnt nearly as wide as a MC seat.

And since it is a used bike, there wont be any warranty on it, so as long all the parts are working when I get it, I'll be on the hook for whatever happens afterward.
No need to ask anymore, I picked up the bike today. Bike has less than 2 miles on it and I probably put most of that on in a test ride.
image_2021-08-28_211847.png

A few more pics from today. I went over the bike, tightened a few things up and made some adjustments so it fits me better. It has a really good throttle response, thats for sure. Heavy bike, really dont need the gears where I live, leave it in 7 and just pedal with a bit of roll on and you are going.

image_2021-08-29_144537.png
image_2021-08-29_144623.png
image_2021-08-29_144717.png
image_2021-08-29_144804.png

Back