What equipment for a Tero 5?

Oh, no! Now you have asked a difficult question! Probably not.

If you trust me (and have engaged the derailleur clutch after your work is done), you could safely remove the chain guide. The chain guide is meant to protect the chain during really wild rides including jumps. In more normal operation, with the Praxis Wave or a Narrow-Wide chainring teeth properly matched to the chain links, the chain won't drop. I have ridden for many thousand of kilometres without even the chainguard on my big Vado, and I stupidly was riding rough terrain many times!
Installed the 42t today. I noticed a little more top end. I might try 44t in the future after a few commutes... I still have plenty of climbing gears left for trail riding.

@Stefan Mikes You're right about the chain guide not fitting. It almost fit, but not quite. I wonder if there is a taller black bracket that connects to the bike, allowing you to raise the chain guide up a little higher. You can see the bracket sticking up in this photo... it just needs to go up a tiny bit more for the guide to clear the 42t.
20220422_185754.jpg

@Stefan Mikes You're right about the chain guide not fitting. It almost fit, but not quite. I wonder if there is a taller black bracket that connects to the bike, allowing you to raise the chain guide up a little higher. You can see the bracket sticking up in this photo... it just needs to go up a tiny bit more for the guide to clear the 42t.
I doubt. MTB chainrings (and the chainguides) all end at 38T max. I hope your derailleur is properly tensioned now?

Hi all, considering the Tero 3 as my next bike. Three quick q's. One - I want to fit a Thule Ride-along child-seat which fits to frame mount. That ok? Two - I'd like a different pannier - I tried a disc pannier on a demo in store and had to bend it ALOT to stretch to the pannier mount width. I spotted a couple of panniers on this thread mounted but not sure how far they had to be stretched to fit. Can anyone advise of ideal pannier - the axle width on Tero seems extreme. I'm thinking maybe pannier for FAT mtb? Three, I've seen critique of the Suntour fork - appreciate not as good as Tero 4 or 5, but will it be sufficient for my non-technical comfort-oriented needs? Main purpose of bike is to make a 20 mile round-trip forest-path commute (v muddy in Winter) to work v comfortable (in Scotland). Nothing technical, no tree roots etc, just bumpy/ rocky in patches in Summer and muddy in Winter.

I've seen critique of the Suntour fork - appreciate not as good as Tero 4 or 5, but will it be sufficient for my non-technical comfort-oriented needs?
It is just not too good. It will absorb bumps for sure but don't expect miracles; and the long-travel fork is mostly to help you maintain traction not to improve the ride comfort. You will get far better cushioning by inflating the tyres low: It's making miracles.

I was generally very happy with riding the Tero 3.0. Only my expectations related to the suspension fork were greater.

It is just not too good. It will absorb bumps for sure but don't expect miracles; and the long-travel fork is mostly to help you maintain traction not to improve the ride comfort. You will get far better cushioning by inflating the tyres low: It's making miracles.

I was generally very happy with riding the Tero 3.0. Only my expectations related to the suspension fork were greater.
Thanks Stefan, that's useful. Did anyone have any thoughts on Thule Ridealong mounted direct to frame, and the necessary width for a pannier rack?

Back