What do you use for a Helmet? (Pictures Thread)

. Plenty of other sports that came very late to wearing helmets (eg hockey) Athletes have more pressure to perform and look good (sponsorships) than you or I do, so safety obviously gets shafted. Thus all the crashes.
Hockey late to the game? I grew up playing hockey from Day 1 and helmets were mandatory. I am 66.
Don’t compare that to the NHL that didn’t enforce them until decades later, and even grandfathered players who came into the league prior to them being mandatory. CN

Bontrager Circuit MIPS with lights front and rear that can be set to steady on or flashing.

0C9F025D-950F-460B-846F-D4A3C7CC6E88.jpeg

Last edited:
Hockey late to the game? I grew up playing hockey from Day 1 and helmets were mandatory. I am 66.
Don’t compare that to the NHL that didn’t enforce them until decades later, and even grandfathered players who came into the league prior to them being mandatory. CN
Lol sorry for conflating sponsored hockey athletes with the NHL.

This is a great choice. Inexpensive, has MIPS and scores real high on the VTech safety ratings. I got the purple one for my wife.
I bought one for my sister. Would buy one for myself except I already have a helmet (which scores slightly lower). Pretty sweet that one of the best helmets is one of the cheapest.

I use the 7idp .23 carbon helmet and it's light enough its comfortable even after 2 hours of wearing it. I would like the cheek pads a bit thinner but they should soften up over time I think. I also really like the black and blue colors.

20210519_072441_HDR.jpg

So Fortnine posted this one up this week. It's a popular motorcycle blog, but the science of helmet construction and testing can certainly translate when considering bicycle helmets - particularly for high-speed applications. Of note is the MIPS portion about the mid-point. Enjoy!

Back