Watt Wagons Scrambler Style Ebike

Cuz Vinny

52913A40-7D93-4489-B169-517D0E1E76D6.jpeg

Pushkar, have you ever thought about doing a scrambler style bike? Would be cool to have a more premium version using the Bafang Ultra motor with power levels up to 3000 watts. Use an aluminum frame to keep costs down some, no need for carbon on a bike like this.

Scramblers are quite cool - but I'd be curious if there is more value we can provide other than just premium components.

Also quite realistically, Getting Helios and Hydra across the finish line is huge for us at the moment but we can absolutely explore for something later in the year.

There is something about scrambler design that is so nice. I think scrambler, cafe racers, and the classic ducati monster (the naked bike style) are my all time top 3 designs. I own a monster - don't ride it much now after building my ebike, but just looking at it makes me happy. :)

Scramblers are quite cool - but I'd be curious if there is more value we can provide other than just premium components.

Also quite realistically, Getting Helios and Hydra across the finish line is huge for us at the moment but we can absolutely explore for something later in the year.

There is something about scrambler design that is so nice. I think scrambler, cafe racers, and the classic ducati monster (the naked bike style) are my all time top 3 designs. I own a monster - don't ride it much now after building my ebike, but just looking at it makes me happy. :)
Oh yeah, future product for sure. I think a Bafang Ultra powered Watt Wagons Scrambler would sell well. I know I’d be the first in line for one.

Look at this one -

View attachment 76287

Gorgeous design. Hate the BBSHD part.... but the rest of the bike is beautiful.

Ive been following them! As you said beautiful bike but the BBSHD is the negactive. Sticks out like a wart. The production of the bike has been delayed due to COVID. Not sure when they plan to start shipping.

View attachment 76286

Pushkar, have you ever thought about doing a scrambler style bike? Would be cool to have a more premium version using the Bafang Ultra motor with power levels up to 3000 watts. Use an aluminum frame to keep costs down some, no need for carbon on a bike like this.
This is the first time I'm seeing the MadMod as a real bike and not a render. It looks pretty good. Not a fan of the juiced scrambler look. If Watt Wagons went with a design in this general direction I would be on board for one as well.

My dream scrambler would have the following:

1) Dual hub motor like the Ariel D-class (for touring in case one motor fails)

2) Frame design like the Ariel D-class or Luna Banana (lots of space in the main triangle for spare batteries; a triangle bag could be offered as an accessory.)

3) Booster seat option like the Juiced Hyperscorpion (There could also be storage space under the seat and/or in the booster.)

I'm not a fan of the tendency of increasing weight of the latest offering from Ariel (Grizzly) and Juiced (Hyperscrambler 2). These bikes are over 100 pounds. I like the lighter D-class and Luna Banana design better with the option to carry extra batteries as needed.

My dream scrambler would have the following:

1) Dual hub motor like the Ariel D-class (for touring in case one motor fails)

2) Frame design like the Ariel D-class or Luna Banana (lots of space in the main triangle for spare batteries; a triangle bag could be offered as an accessory.)

3) Booster seat option like the Juiced Hyperscorpion (There could also be storage space under the seat and/or in the booster.)

I'm not a fan of the tendency of increasing weight of the latest offering from Ariel (Grizzly) and Juiced (Hyperscrambler 2). These bikes are over 100 pounds. I like the lighter D-class and Luna Banana design better with the option to carry extra batteries as needed.
No hub motors. Bafang Ultra with Archon controller producing 3000 peak watts and a large 52V 21ah battery. Dual crown suspension fork, mono shock rear swing arm, and 24 or 26 inch wheels.

Revisiting this topic. Need some guidance
1. Are all scramblers the same size?
2. Is Full Suspension a big deal?
3. Is riding a scrambler like a bicycle comfortable ?

what is the primary use case ?
1. Moped or Ebike?

2. Cargo or no cargo ?

Revisiting this topic. Need some guidance
1. Are all scramblers the same size?
2. Is Full Suspension a big deal?
3. Is riding a scrambler like a bicycle comfortable ?

what is the primary use case ?
1. Moped or Ebike?

2. Cargo or no cargo ?
Most scramblers are one size with a lot having 20 inch fat tires, 20X4.0. Having multiple sizes would make your offing unique and a plus IMO. Larger riders would prefer a 24 or 26 inch wheel. The Sondors MadMods are 24 inch.

A scrambler with a 3000w Bafang Ultra should be full suspension. Just makes for a nicer ride.

They can be very comfortable with the long seat thats allows varying seating positions

A scrambler that can be ridden as a bike or throttle is preferable.

Having different racks or side bags would increase the appeal and make the bike more useful.

I have a Coast Cycles Buzzraw X coming in on Wednesday. I‘ll post pics and my impressions here in this thread.

I have a Super73, the original. I would say the market for these kinds of ebikes is already overly saturated. Unless you can bring to the table something unique that people want, I don't think it's a worthwhile venture to get into now.

I do use my Super73 for commuting and leisure riding, mostly because it is my first ebike (and only one until my Helios arrives). It is not the best bike for either purpose; I have to admit. However, it is a fun bike to ride, and I enjoy riding it and seeing people's reaction to it (though not so much anymore as the style is no longer different).

Back