Watt Wagons Scrambler Style Ebike

ACE2B067-86B1-411D-89CC-C09EEA51AB19.jpeg

Personalizing the bikes is also big. Lots of people modify them for more power or with different accessories

Oh. That was one of my original questions - about height. That is cool.

How about Monday, Ubco etc - other than the looks ?
They look more like a motorcycle too me. This would limit where you can use or ride the bikes. A Super73 or Buzzraw I could ride on bike paths without getting much pushback. A Monday or Ubco not so much.

I would fully expect that as this category takes off, it will be regulated faster than any other ebike category. These appear too much like street-legal motorcycles, but are not. The fact that they have pedals is a subterfuge, as most are not very ergonomic as a bicycle and we all know that they are small motorcycles that don't follow DOT regs. I bet that within a year or two they will be classed as such, with licensing requirements, safety and lighting requirements, yada yada. Legislators gotta legislate, and bureaucrats are always looking for an excuse to expand their empires. With all the offerings available, and the sector growing, I don't think I would enter it, because I think it will get stomped.

I think some of us are lumping minibikes, scramblers, and small folders into the same group. They are not the same style of bikes. Which are you mostly concerned with, @pushkar ?

As someone correctly pointed out, something like the Super73 is a lifestyle choice, no company more so than Super73. They have a strong following among customers that include social media influencers. They see it as something cool to have. So, yes, younger demographic, where youth supersedes wisdom and image is everything.

I really don’t think most of that market cares about a faster bike or more expensive components. None of that makes them look cooler.

Of course I was cool before the cool kids were cool. :cool: I have the first customer Super73 bike. The flip side of that is that I’m way older now than their typical rider.👨‍🦳

I think some of us are lumping minibikes, scramblers, and small folders into the same group. They are not the same style of bikes. Which are you mostly concerned with, @pushkar ?

As someone correctly pointed out, something like the Super73 is a lifestyle choice, no company more so than Super73. They have a strong following among customers that include social media influencers. They see it as something cool to have. So, yes, younger demographic, where youth supersedes wisdom and image is everything.

I really don’t think most of that market cares about a faster bike or more expensive components. None of that makes them look cooler.

Of course I was cool before the cool kids were cool. :cool: I have the first customer Super73 bike. The flip side of that is that I’m way older now than their typical rider.👨‍🦳
A lot of older riders like the Super73 style bike. Sondors has sold a ton of the MadMods bikes, most of those to us older riders.

A lot of older riders like the Super73 style bike. Sondors has sold a ton of the MadMods bikes, most of those to us older riders.
I did not know that Sondors has sold lots of MadMods or that most owners are older. 🤔

To be honest, I am struggling a little with that. I *think* I understand the distinction, somewhat. Is this classification directionally correct?
1. Mad Mods is a scrambler.
2. Super 73 is a scrambler.
3. Monday Presidio is ....a moped ?

Of course I was cool before the cool kids were cool. I have the first customer Super73 bike. The flip side of that is that I’m way older now than their typical rider.

Good point.
1. Why do riders buy one scrambler versus the other (other than price). - Looks ? Power ?
2. Do riders use a scrambler for cargo ?

This is exactly why some taller riders change their seats and suspension link.

Some manufactures offer raised seats as factory option as well.

Corbin seats

Lust Racing jack up kit

Awesome.

Is backrest important ?

To be honest, I am struggling a little with that. I *think* I understand the distinction, somewhat. Is this classification directionally correct?
1. Mad Mods is a scrambler.
2. Super 73 is a scrambler.
3. Monday Presidio is ....a moped ?

Good point.
1. Why do riders buy one scrambler versus the other (other than price). - Looks ? Power ?
2. Do riders use a scrambler for cargo ?
I bought a Buzzraw because it offers the highest seat height of any of that style bike. I also had to have a mid drive vs hub motor. You can get the bike in DIY form up to 3000 plus watts. I like the styling and the ability to customize the bike. Coast Cycles has lots of accessory parts including Ohlins shocks and Gates belt drive.

The original Super73 is definitely a minibike-inspired ebike. Their most recent R-series is a slight departure from it, though I would still consider it more minibike than scrambler.

The distinction is super confusing because Juiced (if I'm not wrong) started calling minibike a Scrambler.
So every ebikers followed Juiced and called minibikes a Scrambler.

Therefore,

What motorcyclists call "minibike" = ebikers call "Scrambler"

If you search for minibikes, you will see bunch of "scramblers" motorcycles.
So all the other ebikers started calling minikes a scrambler.

Ducati and Triumph also had scrambler models called "scrambler", and recently (since a few years ago) they brought back their scrambler model.
However, with beefy tires and big engines, true scrambler enthusiasts do not call new generation Ducati and Triumph Scramblers a true scrambler, that's another debate.

Traditionally, Scramblers are something like these, not minibikes.
If you go on YouTube, there are tons of Scrambler motorcycle channel.
Just like Cafe Racer and Bobber, Scrambler is well established category.
The distinction is super confusing because Juiced (if I'm not wrong) started calling minibike a Scrambler.
So every ebiker followed Juiced and called minibikes a Scrambler.

Therefore,

What motorcyclists call "minibike" = ebikers call "Scrambler"

If you search for minibikes, you will see bunch of "scramblers" motorcycles.
So all the other ebikers started calling minikes a scrambler.

Ducati and Triumph also had scrambler models called "scrambler", and recently (since a few years ago) they brought back their scrambler model.
However, with beefy tires and big engines, true scrambler enthusiasts do not call new generation Ducati and Triumph Scramblers a true scrambler, that's another debate.
Another one - from Switch eScrambler.

1615006668826.png

Traditionally, Scramblers are something like these, not minibikes.
If you go on YouTube, there are tons of Scrambler motorcycle channel.
Just like Cafe Racer and Bobber, Scrambler is well established category.
Went down the rabbit-hole ... also found a category called "rat bike" ... like 100% Max Max territory.

Thanks for the education. Much appreciated. There is such a rich history here. Thank you sooooo much.

I also like the Radrunner design, but with the option to put a giant second battery in the place that the center storage box goes:
RadRunner_Accessories.gif

Back