Watt Wagons Scrambler Style Ebike

So the rad bike is a scrambler.... and not a moped? ;)
This Juiced Ebike is getting closer to a Moped.
But I think there is a new category of Ebike now, a Scrambler/Moped hybrid
HyperScorpionExpress-RtSide.jpg

You can always tell the difference by those that come with a spot on the back for a license plate like this one.

HyperScorpionExpress-RearBrk-TurnSgnls.jpg

Finally it has a 1800W peak motor, which by law sends it into the next category, and when police see somebody riding this type of Ebike with a plate holder with no plate it's going to trigger them to stop the rider.
The bike pedals won't matter at all in this situation.

Last edited:
@pushkar - my 2-cents....
Several of these style bikes are less than 750W and <20mph or <28mph so easily classified as Class 1/2 or Class 3 in the USA and thus a true Scrambler. If >750W and/or >28mph, you enter the world of motor bikes or motorcycles (moped) and will require DOT regulations and compliance plus motorcycle license, helmets and plates. Don’t expect the G-men to come and be nice! Many of the >750w acknowledge this fact and call their products motorcycles!

I know and acknowledge the classification. However I plan to use the Hydra to hide that it is WAY more powerful than it looks and never use it like an idiot. If riding on sidewalks or bike/pedestrian paths, who is going to get busted by the PoPo or Ranger Ricki; WW Hydra/Helios or a WW Scramber???? Yes very cool for that Sunday Cruise, but knowing my big boy frame, I don’t want one as the one size fits small is not my cup of tea. But you already know that with me....

EDIT!
@Ebiker33 - you serendipitously prove my point with your post above. These are DOT approved motor bikes that have headlights, brake lights and turn signals along with a license plate mount.....

just read the FAQ on that HyperScorpion....(https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperscorpion-express?variant=32912481091648)

Is the HyperScorpion Express street legal?

All our bikes (including HyperScorpion) arrive as class 2 from the factory with class 2 stickers. It’s electronically limited to 750W and 20mph in compliance with class 2 rules. If you live in a state where you are allowed class 3, you can adjust the performance to class 3 mode directly from the LCD display. For the HyperScorpion, If you live in a state that allows the moped category, California is one, you can get it registered as a moped and get the license plate. It has all the necessary equipment, signals, license illuminator, horn etc. and VIN needed for this, but can also be used as a bicycle. Ultimately, though, it’s important you check your state/local e-bike laws to ensure compliance.

Last edited:
Reading this with limited interest, @pushkar. If you're looking for your next bike, I humbly ask for the full suspension mid-tail cargo bike with belt drive.

I don't know if that's a good idea.

I'm not an engineer, but I've seen EBR reviews on YouTube and I think it was either Tern or RadWagon episode that I watched.. basically, adding front suspension fork on cargo bike is a bad idea due to comprised stability. So I suspect full suspension will be even worse.

That said, I don't know how engineering works. If you look at motorcycles, heavier motorcycles like Honda Goldwing or Yamaha Star Venture have full suspension.. with lots of cargo space.
R&M makes a mid-tail cargo bike with front suspension that is a really sweet ride (it's called the Multicharger). Agree on the engineering difficulties, but since Pushkar is looking for his next bike, I thought I'd add my two cents.

I would say go in a different direction. A bike with a Pinion drive and a Gmac motor would round out your stable of unique, high quality component builds.

Reading this with limited interest, @pushkar. If you're looking for your next bike, I humbly ask for the full suspension mid-tail cargo bike with belt drive

I don't know if that's a good idea.

I'm not an engineer, but I've seen EBR reviews on YouTube and I think it was either Tern or RadWagon episode that I watched.. basically, adding front suspension fork on cargo bike is a bad idea due to comprised stability. So I suspect full suspension will be even worse.

That said, I don't know how engineering works. If you look at motorcycles, heavier motorcycles like Honda Goldwing or Yamaha Star Venture have full suspension.. with lots of cargo space.

Hmm. I believe if the last bit of tests go well then i think we can build this.

1. full suspension
2. Belt drive
3. Rear rack
4. Fenders
5. Kindernay (has to be thru axle for belt line to be maintained)
6. M600 only. M620 is too powerful and causes too much bobbing. suitable for off-road.

Helios will still be the top of the line, and hard to match (performance and spec wise), but this fs with belt will be a great fun bike. If tests go well then Q3 launch.

As @Timpo mentioned, FS cargo is probably not ideal, unless it has a super long wheelbase and have a front cargo (RM has one).

R&M makes a mid-tail cargo bike with front suspension that is a really sweet ride (it's called the Multicharger). Agree on the engineering difficulties, but since Pushkar is looking for his next bike, I thought I'd add my two cents.
Yes. I think the one with the front cargo right? 👍

Pushkar already builds GMAC.
The Ultimate Commuter Pro (one that comes with Bafang Ultra by default) but because mid drive isn't everyone's cup of tea, Pushkar offers one with GMAC + Phaserunner.

I know he already sold several of them, (at least 3 GMAC WattWagons) as far as I know.
Yes I know about the Gmac, but the Pinion gear drive is a totally different beast.

The Ultimate Commuter Pro (one that comes with Bafang Ultra by default) but because mid drive isn't everyone's cup of tea, Pushkar offers one with GMAC + Phaserunner.

I know he already sold several of them, (at least 3 GMAC WattWagons) as far as I know.
We have a couple. I don’t know if we did the pinion. The torque sensors are an issue though. Needs more testing.
We considered it for Superbike. However with Archon, the handling is pretty much hardbto beat.

Yes. I think the one with the front cargo right? 👍
I think the appeal is the length of the rear cargo area and maybe to have someone sit back there for short jaunts. I do like the front rack as well (I already miss it on the Helios). Not sure what the market for this bike would be, but I think I'll forget about it once my Helios arrives....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 5.57.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 5.57.38 PM.png
    319.9 KB · Views: 231

Help: what's GMAC?

64795BA2-5687-4D8B-954C-DB7609C16BED.jpeg

All three MadMods bikes. You can tell the bikes are taller than others due to the use of 24 inch wheels. The red bike also has some prototype bags they will be offering as an accessory after purchase.

Back