Watt Wagons Scrambler Style Ebike

I don't know about the others but the Super73 pedal position is moved a bit further forward and makes for somewhat awkward pedalling and feels weird when standing up on the pedals. My brother in law has the Super73 RX and it's a great bike but pedalling did not seem to be it's primary focus.

@voidedwarranty it's not for any of them. The nature of the ergonomics due to the dimensions...Nevertheless, I pedal mine and use the throttle only to get started from a stop.

I need to see how the seating and pedal position is on the Buzzraw when it gets delivered. Most owners use a combination of pedaling and throttle when riding the bike.

Revisiting this topic. Need some guidance
1. Are all scramblers the same size?
2. Is Full Suspension a big deal?
3. Is riding a scrambler like a bicycle comfortable ?

what is the primary use case ?
1. Moped or Ebike?

2. Cargo or no cargo ?
Full suspension is not a big deal for me. I think fat tires alone are adequate suspension, but it appears I am in the minority.

I like this design, but thinner for easier pedaling and with a booster seat option:

Attachments

• 2X2_ADV_1500px_v3[1].jpg
    2X2_ADV_1500px_v3[1].jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 242
  • ubco-2x2-fifth-gen-header[1].jpg
    ubco-2x2-fifth-gen-header[1].jpg
    124 KB · Views: 245
1. Moped or Ebike?
2. Cargo or no cargo ?
Pushkar, I'll give your Q&A a shot... the target demographic for Scrambler-style EBikes is under 40 and hip. 😉
1. Usually one size fits all... reminiscent of '70s mini-bikes.
2. Full-suspension available only on the premium models.
3. Not as comfortable at a regular EBike... more about style.
4. More often used a Moped for fun and trips around town.
5, Generally, not a cargo bike... but storage could be an option.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Pushkar, I'll give your Q&A a shot... the target demographic for Scrambler-style EBikes is under 40 and hip. 😉
1. Usually one size fits all... reminiscent of '70s mini-bikes.
2. Full-suspension available only on the premium models.
3. Not as comfortable at a regular EBike... more about style
4. More often used a Moped for fun and trips around town.
5, Generally, not a cargo bike... but storage could be an option.
Hope this helps.
Thank you.

Coast Cycles Home Page. Check out the different bikes and accessories that they have for their bikes.

1. Moped or Ebike?

2. Cargo or no cargo ?
This style of Ebike was/is my first Ebike, a Sondors Fold XS

The usually have
1)20" X 4 " tires
2)Hub drive
3)Newer models seem to have full suspension
4)They can have either a standard seat or a motorcycle style seat.

Of note most major brands either offer them or that is all they do.
Here is an example of a company that only makes one Ebike and it's that, so there must be a pretty strong market for them.
GDS Ebike
I also see them around on bike paths, all brands.

A high end version with X1 powering it with a gates belt would be unique, there isn't' too many high end styles like that.
Also they can be heavy for a little Ebike, carbon fiber would also be another unique feature.
You would need to do some serious testing, for example how would the X1 effect powering 20" wheels, EBR reviews keep saying there is a mechanical advantage to small wheels, in theory throttling off the line with an X1 should be your fastest 0-30 Ebike in the line up all things considered. Thus a scrambler type Ebike that can beat a car off a red light would be a lot of fun to ride.

Last edited:
I did a bunch of reading and here are some anecdotal observations

1. @onlineaddy has a point. The scrambler market seems to have a lot of choices.
2. Most of these appear to be hub drives.
3. @Ebiker33 / @FlatSix911 - agreed on most points.
I am trying to understand this segment a little better. Scramblers are great - but not sure what / if innovation is needed other than premium only components.

Follow up questions
1. where are people riding these scramblers? ( I haven't seen any in the boston / metro boston area. People at Dunkin cant afford to buy scramblers. People at starbucks dont want to caught dead with a scrambler. :) )

2. Wont a full moped style bike be better than providing pedals ? Scrambler style "moped" will be so cool. (In a universe where Surron is a moped).

3. Any data / anecdotal observation on demographics / genders / geography ?

I did a bunch of reading and here are some anecdotal observations
1. @onlineaddy has a point. The scrambler market seems to have a lot of choices.
2. Most of these appear to be hub drives.
3. @Ebiker33 / @FlatSix911 - agreed on most points.
I am trying to understand this segment a little better. Scramblers are great - but not sure what / if innovation is needed other than premium only components.
Follow up questions
1. where are people riding these scramblers? ( I haven't seen any in the boston / metro boston area. People at Dunkin cant afford to buy scramblers. People at starbucks dont want to caught dead with a scrambler. :) )
2. Wont a full moped style bike be better than providing pedals ? Scrambler style "moped" will be so cool. (In a universe where Surron is a moped).
3. Any data / anecdotal observation on demographics / genders / geography ?
Glad to help with more Q&A.
1. You will find Scrambler Ebikes all over California... the weather is a significant factor.
2. Yes, a moped-style without pedals would be reminiscent of the original '70s Mini-bikes.
3. This is a lifestyle brand purchase... very popular with young Coastal riders, male and female.

Here is the original EBike model that captures the essence of the lifestyle brand... young and carefree with a Super 1973! 😉

1614999597678.png

1614999607482.png

Last edited:
Juiced Scrambler, Rize Blade, Super 73 among others have gotten inspiration of following motorcycles.

That frame type is first and foremost, not bicycle.
They did not evolve from bicycle, they're clearly based on motorcycle and obviously people will use it as scooter.
(This is not to say they can't be pedaled, but as you can imagine, unadjustable bench seat and all that, so called "scrambler" ebikes evolved from motorbikes)

Although in motorcycle industry, there are Ducati Scrambler, Triumph Scrambler, etc... but that would a different debate.

Anyways, the ebike version of scramblers got the inspiration from these motorcycles.
For example, I was able to find a motorcycle as old as 1969 Kawasaki Coyote.

Kawasaki Coyote
051116 Barn Finds - 1969 Kawasaki Coyote - 1

Coleman CT200U
supreme2.jpg

Bonanza Minibike
BONANZA minibike (With images) | Mini bike, Kids bike, Banana seat ...

Doodle Bug
Doodlebug Build-Up – Affordable Go Karts

Baja Mini
The baja 97cc mini bike | Mini motorbike, Mini bike, Bicycle bike

Taco 100B
Taco 100B Custom purple

American Racer 215
American Racer 215 Mini Bike Kit | Mini bike, Bike kit, Chopper bike

Wow. This is super awesome education on the history. @Timpo we should sticky this post somewhere. Awesome.

Glad to help with more Q&A. 😉
1. You will find Scrambler Ebikes all over California... the weather is a significant factor.
2. Yes, a moped-style without pedals would be reminiscent of the original Mini-bikes.
3. This is a lifestyle brand purchase... popular with young Coastal riders, male and female.

Here is the original model that captures the essence of the lifestyle brand... young and carefree.

Excellent.
👍

If you have Bafang Ultra with Archon X1 or CYC X1 Pro Gen.2, it will bring the buzz 😁
This ^

A scrambler style bike like Super73, Buzzraw X, Aevon Bikes with a carbon full suspension frame, Bafang Ultra w/Archon controller, and 24 or 26 inch wheels will bring the buyers.

This ^

A scrambler style bike like Super73, Buzzraw X, Aevon Bikes with a carbon full suspension frame, Bafang Ultra w/Archon controller, and 24 or 26 inch wheels will bring the buyers.
Apologies for the blunt question ... why ? :) Just raw power ?

Apologies for the blunt question ... why ? :) Just raw power ?
The power and most of the scrambler style bikes come with 20 inch wheels. For taller people this can be a problem. I bought the Buzzraw X because it’s seat height is 34 inches which is about as low as I wanted to go. The bikes are also heavy and under powered. The bike I bought has the new Ludicrous V2 controller with around 3000 watts. If a larger higher powered bike like the Super73 or Buzzraw X existed I would have bought it. There simply isn’t anything like that in the current scrambler style bike offerings.

The power and most of the scrambler style bikes come with 20 inch wheels. For taller people this can be a problem. I bought the Buzzraw X because it’s seat height is 34 inches which is about as low as I wanted to go.
Oh. That was one of my original questions - about height. That is cool.

The bikes are also heavy and under powered. The bike I bought has the new Ludicrous V2 controller with around 3000 watts. If a larger higher powered bike like the Super73 or Buzzraw X existed I would have bought it. There simply isn’t anything like that in the current scrambler style bike offerings.
How about Monday, Ubco etc - other than the looks ?

Back