Water bottle carriers

Mr. Coffee

Region
USA
City
A Demented Corner of the North Cascades
I'm looking at getting a handlebar bottle carrier, ideally with some extra space. Two options I've seen are:

Revelate Feedbag

Oveja Negra Chuckbucket

Does anyone out there in internet land have strong opinions for or against either of these two bottle carriers?

I'm looking at getting a handlebar bottle carrier, ideally with some extra space. Two options I've seen are:

Revelate Feedbag

Oveja Negra Chuckbucket

Does anyone out there in internet land have strong opinions for or against either of these two bottle carriers?
Moosetreks Bike Handlebar Stem Bag | Food Snack Storage, Water Bottle Holder | Bikepacking, Bicycle Touring, Commuting, Insulated Pouch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MPQSZD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EmkKAbNPEHQ48

Moosetreks Bike Handlebar Stem Bag | Food Snack Storage, Water Bottle Holder | Bikepacking, Bicycle Touring, Commuting, Insulated Pouch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MPQSZD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EmkKAbNPEHQ48

... just ordered one. Based on the review that said it was identical to the revelate bag for half the price.

I have a clip-on bottle adapter that I put on the seat post. But sometimes I want to carry more water. And those bags look nice for carrying clif bars, sunglasses, &c.

In defense of their prices, the bike packing bags are spendy. But the stuff is beautifully made. i have one of the Revelate handlebar rolls and it is awesome and I always use it for bike packing. It is a bit of a project to put on and take off the bike so for regular tours I use a klickfix handlebar bag.

Is this one mounted and stiff enough, that while riding, so the bag doesn’t want to follw the cup/bottle. The biggest reason i like meral bottle holder, is they don’t move and i can swiftly and easily remove the bottle. I’m will8ng to pay premuims for funstional accessories. Are thes3 bags stable?

... just ordered one. Based on the review that said it was identical to the revelate bag for half the price.

I have a clip-on bottle adapter that I put on the seat post. But sometimes I want to carry more water. And those bags look nice for carrying clif bars, sunglasses, &c.

In defense of their prices, the bike packing bags are spendy. But the stuff is beautifully made. i have one of the Revelate handlebar rolls and it is awesome and I always use it for bike packing. It is a bit of a project to put on and take off the bike so for regular tours I use a klickfix handlebar bag.
Great! Looking forward to your usual insightful review! Fair price too!

Is this one mounted and stiff enough, that while riding, so the bag doesn’t want to follw the cup/bottle
Has good mounting straps. To me it's best use is long tours with 32oz Nalgene bottles, but those aren't best for drinking on the move. For that I have a frame mounted bottle cage. Additionally the bag is good for quick access to anything one might want, like snacks or a rain suit. Since last fall I'm using well designed rear panniers that have quick access pockets, in addition to the main compartment. I find having something with easy, quick access to certain items, is invaluable for all day tours.

I have the Revelate, two of them actually. I love it but it wouldn’t fit on my Stromer—too many wires in the way. I use one on my mountain bike, non electric, and I take the other traveling to use on loaner bikes in far away lands. The Revelate holds plenty of stuff besides water, like a remote control for the TV when set up on the Tacx Neo for riding in Watopia.
Revelate makes incredible products! Lifetime stuff.

I just got the Moosetreks bag from the post office today.

Since it is somewhere between rainy snow and snowy rain outside I haven't actually given it a ride test. But it installs easily enough and the two velcro straps plus the webbing strap seem secure enough.

A 1-liter nalgene bottle is a tight fit, and I think I will use it with a more standard-sized 750ml bike water bottle. They would fit easily and you should be able to take the bottle out and put it back in the bag one-handed, which would be a challenge with a 1 liter bottle.

If you already have a bottle cage, it is a reasonable way to carry your phone, camera, or snacks.

What are baby heads?

Roundish rocks which tend to be found in a loose jumble on hairpin corners or other dificult-to-negotiate sections of trail. Similar to death cookies, but bigger. E.g. about the size of a baby's head.

Yesterday evening I ran into a guy with two of the Revelate Feedbags on his bike.

On quick inspection, they look to be quite substantially better made and hold their shape much better than the Moosetreks bag. So maybe you do get something for the additional $35.

Yesterday evening I ran into a guy with two of the Revelate Feedbags on his bike.

On quick inspection, they look to be quite substantially better made and hold their shape much better than the Moosetreks bag. So maybe you do get something for the additional $35.
Revelate are top tier!

I just ordered the Moosetreks bag myself this morning, before finding this thread of course. I’ll be sure to update once I receive mine.

I guess depends on what you want to carry? Plenty of cup holder available out there.

41R7h-jx9xL._AC_US218_.jpg

I love my handlebar water carrier. It is just a little bracket, that cost me $3.99 at my local bike store. It's great if you already have a bottle cage, because the bottle cage attaches to it. I bought four (one for each e-bike in the family), but my daughter didn't want hers, so here's a photo of one in the packaging that's ready to return. Now I can use my cage boss for something else (holding my "foldylock").
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 8.03.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 8.03.05 PM.png

I like to carry extra water and use this combination of products to hold bottles on all my bikes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RLJ8L6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BWPKYQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look flimsy but hold remarkably well. The product will hold a 1 litre or expand to accommodate a 2 litre bottle. The cage mount will fit any frame member, square, oval or round and won't mar the paint.

I've used them for several years on my Trek Shift 4 MTB on some fairly rough trails and never lost a bottle. I wouldn't recommend for extreme MTB use though.

I like them on my Pedego Interceptor ebike with step through frame since they are easy to grab while riding.

P1060738a.jpgP1060740a.jpgP1060741a.jpgP1060742a.jpg

Back