Warning about Rize Bikes they have a serious battery issue!

Unwatch

I have no interest in helping anyone who won't/can't help themselves. Whining, placing the blame everywhere but where it needs to be is plain flat boring.

I'm suspecting that these threads are full of Rize employees posing as randoms. These guys heckled me even when i should pictures and videos that prove Rize is a shitty company

I'm suspecting that these threads are full of Rize employees posing as randoms. These guys heckled me even when i should pictures and videos that prove Rize is a shitty company
You'd be wrong.

And the only thing your pictures and videos proved is that you are incompetent when it comes to working on bike. That's not something Rize is responsible for.

I own two Rize bikes, purchased this past year. Both with now over 2k on them and still feel and look like new. Only one had some issues with a few minor broken parts out of the box from shipping. Both bikes have secondary batteries as well. No issues with any of them.

Besides a little slower CS time than a big retailer, they were perfectly fine to deal with and got me everything I needed. Phone support is definitely faster than emails.

You might have been missing a battery mount or other issues, but to post this rant made me think there was some sort of major safety hazard with their batteries which there is seemingly not a safety issue. All of my batteries are still like new, of course I don't drop them from 3 feet up like you do while taking a video.

I recommend returning your bike if you are still within the return period, or get a professional to fix it up for you and sell it on your local Craigslist.

Nothing you have complained about would take more than a week to fix using Amazon and a smidge of mechanical knowledge.

Then, go to a retailer and pay 3x the cost for a bike and support you obviously need.

I own two Rize bikes, purchased this past year. Both with now over 2k on them and still feel and look like new. Only one had some issues with a few minor broken parts out of the box from shipping. Both bikes have secondary batteries as well. No issues with any of them.

Besides a little slower CS time than a big retailer, they were perfectly fine to deal with and got me everything I needed. Phone support is definitely faster than emails.

You might have been missing a battery mount or other issues, but to post this rant made me think there was some sort of major safety hazard with their batteries which there is seemingly not a safety issue. All of my batteries are still like new, of course I don't drop them from 3 feet up like you do while taking a video.

I recommend returning your bike if you are still within the return period, or get a professional to fix it up for you and sell it on your local Craigslist.

Nothing you have complained about would take more than a week to fix using Amazon and a smidge of mechanical knowledge.

Then, go to a retailer and pay 3x the cost for a bike and support you obviously need.
There are battery issues depending on which bikes you have. I have the rize Rx 2022 2 of them to be exact. After about 6 months both no longer turn on. After lots of research I found out that using double batteries without a battery balancer will kill your controller and this has also kill battery of mine. So yes there are serious battery issues

Mine are also 2022 to include the RX Pro, both with extra batteries. No issues with any of them. I am not sure if there is a balancer tucked away inside somewhere, but I have had 0 issues using them plugged into the bike as designed.

You might have a lemon, or two, or maybe something else is going on. Sell them and get something else if you are so sour at this point.

Mine are also 2022 to include the RX Pro, both with extra batteries. No issues with any of them. I am not sure if there is a balancer tucked away inside somewhere, but I have had 0 issues using them plugged into the bike as designed.

You might have a lemon, or two, or maybe something else is going on. Sell them and get something else if you are so sour at this point.
Maybe you haven't used dual for long enough. I used these bikes for work. Around 7 hours of biking Monday to Friday. So that's blmy guess as to why you don't have any problems yet.

Also tried selling as is for real cheap with 4 extra battery no one wants broken ebikes up

I think 2k+ in less than a year is pretty good. Both of my bikes have had the 2nd battery installed since the day I put them together.

How many miles do you have on yours? Maybe battery cycle age has an impact.

Maybe you haven't used dual for long enough. I used these bikes for work. Around 7 hours of biking Monday to Friday. So that's blmy guess as to why you don't have any problems yet.

I think 2k+ in less than a year is pretty good. Both of my bikes have had the 2nd battery installed since the day I put them together.

How many miles do you have on yours? Maybe battery cycle age has an impact.
Around 25000 1st and the other maybe died at 17000, but can't remmebr. In talks with Bafang now to get a replacement controller but it may be only 48v...

With that mileage, I personally would expect issues with any ebike, as well as the batteries and possibly controller and motor.

Maybe a gasoline powered mode of transportation would be a better option for your use case, or just plan on new batteries, and motor every so often.

Thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out for any issues far far far down my road.

I had 50k on my sondors mxs (bafang hub 1000w) no problems before that got stolen. I actually should have bought that again, but thought I was getting a deal with dual batteries from rize.

With that mileage, I personally would expect issues with any ebike, as well as the batteries and possibly controller and motor.

Maybe a gasoline powered mode of transportation would be a better option for your use case, or just plan on new batteries, and motor every so often.

Thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out for any issues far far far down my road.
Good luck. I did check for the battery balancer btw. And why the hell would I want to do that? I had 50k on my sondors mxs (bafang hub 1000w) no problems before that got stolen. I actually should have bought that again, but thought I was getting a deal with dual batteries from rize.

Good luck. I did check for the battery balancer btw. And why the hell would I want to do that? I had 50k on my sondors mxs (bafang hub 1000w) no problems before that got stolen. I actually should have bought that again, but thought I was getting a deal with dual batteries from rize.
QFT. :rolleyes: 🤣

Here are some articles with some reliability info for ebikes. I think you need a different form of transportation instead of hanging around ebike forums making it seem your issues are in anyway normal or expected under normal use.

Again, if your mileage claims are even remotely true, I think gasoline is your best bet if you plan on using two-wheel transport with minimal maintenance. No reasonable person would expect ebike components to hold up under your conditions without expecting to replace the parts that make it go from time to time.

Since this thread has now devolved into a subject and points nowhere close to the original posters complaint, I will refrain from wasting more of my time entertaining extreme ebike use chatter with someone harboring inflated expectations of their ride.

Enjoy your evening.

Here are some articles with some reliability info for ebikes. I think you need a different form of transportation instead of hanging around ebike forums making it seem your issues are in anyway normal or expected under normal use.

Again, if your mileage claims are even remotely true, I think gasoline is your best bet if you plan on using two-wheel transport with minimal maintenance. No reasonable person would expect ebike components to hold up under your conditions without expecting to replace the parts that make it go from time to time.

Since this thread has now devolved into a subject and points nowhere close to the original posters complaint, I will refrain from wasting more of my time entertaining extreme ebike use chatter with someone harboring inflated expectations of their ride.

Enjoy your evening.of that I'm using the best transportation for me

Enjoy your evening.
How about no?

2k is still a brand new bike, I have over 15k on mine. The bike works fine for some time, it's when you use it for a period of time, that's when you start seeing the issues rise. The tires wear out in less then three months the motor blows out in five months and the batteries have missing screws and components

Back