Walmart ebike with four year protection plan

i think most bike sellers only provide 1 year warranty on most parts. And i'm sure batteries are the biggest problem besides the motor so with regular use i would almost assume that one will die within 4 years to get a full replacement, which is unlike any other offer from sellers. I also wonder if Amazon has something similar that could be considered.

The protection plan is through Allstate. NOT Walmart.
20% of Allstate reviewers rated the coverage as poor.

Good luck with this one. Lawyer up...

8. WHAT IS NOT COVERED: A. ALL PROTECTION PLANS: (A) Except as otherwise provided, normal wear and tear; (B) Any and all pre-existing conditions that occur prior to the Coverage Start Date of this Protection Plan; (C) Natural flaws or inherent design or manufacturer’s defects; (D) Intentional damage; (E) Lost, stolen or irretrievable items; (F) Any Product that is fraudulently described or materially misrepresented; (G) Secondary or collateral damage; (H) Except as otherwise provided, maintenance, service, repair or replacement necessitated by loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use, storage and operation of the Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and owner’s manual; (I) Damage caused by exposure to weather conditions, improper electrical/power supply, improper equipment modifications, add-on products or accessories, attachments or installation or assembly, collision with any other object, vandalism, animal or insect infestation, corrosion, battery leakage, act of nature (any accident caused or produced by any physical cause which cannot be foreseen or prevented, such as storms, perils of the sea, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes) or any other force majeure or peril originating from outside the Product; (J) Damage caused by “accumulation,” including, without limitation, damage from any repeated use or gradual buildup of dirt, dust, oils or similar, such as hair and body oils, perspiration or darkened bodily contact areas; (K) Damage caused by: any improper care, negligence, neglect, intentional acts, misuse or abuse of the Product; any repair, replacement or handling of the Product other than as recommended or authorized by the manufacturer and/or Us; or any failure to comply with the manufacturer’s warranty; (I) Damage caused by cleaning methods, products or materials; (M) Defects due to the installation, assembly or hookup of Your Product; (N) Damage caused by transit, delivery, redelivery, removal or reinstallation of the Product, or the Product being moved between different locations or into or out of storage, including damage caused by packing or unpacking of the Product; (O) Claims made under any improperly or incorrectly purchased Protection Plan; (P) Except as otherwise provided, “cosmetic damage,” defined as any damages or changes to the physical appearance of a Product that does not impede or hinder its normal operating function as determined by Us, such as scratches, abrasions, peelings, dents, kinks, changes in color, texture or finish, or similar conditions; (Q) Television or personal computer monitor screen imperfections, including “burn-in” or burned CRT phosphor; (R) Accidental damage or liquid damage unless ADH coverage was offered and purchased as part of Your Protection Plan; (S) Projector or rear projection TV bulbs; (T) Consumer replaceable or consumable batteries unless battery coverage has been offered and purchased as part of Your Protection Plan; (U) Consumer replaceable or consumable items including but not limited to toner, ribbons,

i think most bike sellers only provide 1 year warranty on most parts. And i'm sure batteries are the biggest problem besides the motor so with regular use i would almost assume that one will die within 4 years to get a full replacement, which is unlike any other offer from sellers. I also wonder if Amazon has something similar that could be considered.
Actually, I think the chances of you having a serious issue with the battery or the motor themselve are slim, especially if you could eliminate the potential for abuse and ignorance. It's the wiring harness (dirty connections), the controller, speed controls, displays (getting water logged due to water crossings and rain), shifters and derailleurs due to ignorance, abuse, and lack of maintenance, in short, it's the lack of maintenance and little stuff that will generally take a bike like this out....

Actually, I think the chances of you having a serious issue with the battery or the motor themselve are slim,
Reviews indicate more than 10% 13% had serious issues. There are better bets out there.

Last edited:
Reviews indicate more than 10% had serious issues. There are better bets out there.
You mean 1 in 10 reviews claimed a motor or battery issue, or 1 in 10 customers that purchased the bike?

8. WHAT IS NOT COVERED: A. ALL PROTECTION PLANS: (A) Except as otherwise provided, normal wear and tear; (B) Any and all pre-existing conditions that occur prior to the Coverage Start Date of this Protection Plan; (C) Natural flaws or inherent design or manufacturer’s defects; (D) Intentional damage; (E) Lost, stolen or irretrievable items; (F) Any Product that is fraudulently described or materially misrepresented; (G) Secondary or collateral damage; (H) Except as otherwise provided, maintenance, service, repair or replacement necessitated by loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use, storage and operation of the Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and owner’s manual; (I) Damage caused by exposure to weather conditions, improper electrical/power supply, improper equipment modifications, add-on products or accessories, attachments or installation or assembly, collision with any other object, vandalism, animal or insect infestation, corrosion, battery leakage, act of nature (any accident caused or produced by any physical cause which cannot be foreseen or prevented, such as storms, perils of the sea, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes) or any other force majeure or peril originating from outside the Product; (J) Damage caused by “accumulation,” including, without limitation, damage from any repeated use or gradual buildup of dirt, dust, oils or similar, such as hair and body oils, perspiration or darkened bodily contact areas; (K) Damage caused by: any improper care, negligence, neglect, intentional acts, misuse or abuse of the Product; any repair, replacement or handling of the Product other than as recommended or authorized by the manufacturer and/or Us; or any failure to comply with the manufacturer’s warranty; (I) Damage caused by cleaning methods, products or materials; (M) Defects due to the installation, assembly or hookup of Your Product; (N) Damage caused by transit, delivery, redelivery, removal or reinstallation of the Product, or the Product being moved between different locations or into or out of storage, including damage caused by packing or unpacking of the Product; (O) Claims made under any improperly or incorrectly purchased Protection Plan; (P) Except as otherwise provided, “cosmetic damage,” defined as any damages or changes to the physical appearance of a Product that does not impede or hinder its normal operating function as determined by Us, such as scratches, abrasions, peelings, dents, kinks, changes in color, texture or finish, or similar conditions; (Q) Television or personal computer monitor screen imperfections, including “burn-in” or burned CRT phosphor; (R) Accidental damage or liquid damage unless ADH coverage was offered and purchased as part of Your Protection Plan; (S) Projector or rear projection TV bulbs; (T) Consumer replaceable or consumable batteries unless battery coverage has been offered and purchased as part of Your Protection Plan; (U) Consumer replaceable or consumable items including but not limited to toner, ribbons,
Where did you get that warranty/protection info? I have been trying to get it from walmart but so far CSRs haven't been able to get it for me.

OK, then. What "DOES" it cover? Appears to be absolutely useless. I guess if it breaks or stops working and I get mad and yell at it, nothing will be covered because I "verbally abused" it. :p

I'm seriously considering this Schwinn bike from Walmart in hopes I can get SWMBO interested in e-biking. For $49 Walmart offers assembly at your home. This service "is performed by a fully equipped, screened and vetted service professional who will arrive and complete your assembly service to perfection." Not that I couldn't do it myself, but $49 is a home run provided the tech is as knowledgeable as they claim, especially if the gears require adjustment---a task I have not really mastered.

I'm seriously considering this Schwinn bike from Walmart in hopes I can get SWMBO interested in e-biking. For $49 Walmart offers assembly at your home. This service "is performed by a fully equipped, screened and vetted service professional who will arrive and complete your assembly service to perfection." Not that I couldn't do it myself, but $49 is a home run provided the tech is as knowledgeable as they claim, especially if the gears require adjustment---a task I have not really mastered.
My experience with any installation/assembly whether it be appliances, furniture, gas grill or bicycle is much better done by me even if it's my first time. Most installers show up with "bicycle tools" pun intended.
If you are comfortable using hand tools, none of this is rocket science. And if the gear indexing requires tuning... There's no better time to learn/master the skill like now as this is something you will need in the future.
Just my 2 cents valued 43% lower in today's market 🙃

Velofix (velofix.com) maybe? Who, exactly, will be doing the work should be a fair question for the Walmart you're getting the bike from.

Verbal abuse 😂

Back to the point of this thread ... even if they would honor the warranty ... do you want to ride your bike or wait on constant repairs ?

You may want to do some more thinking about that. A Schwinn was the bike I had trouble with (see above). Evidently they are not made with the care and quality they were when I was a kid, and and Wal-Mart bike tech not being as knowledgeable as they say they are, at least in my area, only added to the problem. To the point that the brakes quit working on the second trip out on my second bike from them, I ran into a curb and broke two ribs. Hastened my move to an e-Trike, so I guess it was a good thing, but doggone painful for a long time…

Color me skeptical but I find it hard to believe they will just give you another bike on a 4 year old return.
I just read it. https://www.squaretrade.com/img/mer...ns/new/(2019-12-17) ST-WALMART-A3 (final).pdf
A battery under the Optional Coverage may qualify for one replacement within the first two-years. Total liability is limited to the amount of the product over the term and not to the damages it causes when it fails, including personal injuries or collateral damages. Natural, or inherent design flaws are not covered, nor are manufacture's defects, or improper electrical connections. Moisture and condensation damage is not covered. The item must be maintained and cleaned but damage caused by cleaning is not covered. Disputes go to arbitration and not the courts.
If it is a poorly designed bike it is not covered by the plan. Even if it was fraudulently marketed.

Back