Walkmode on FS RX

eDean

My walk mode button does not seem to do anything, is that just for the speed versions of the Bosch drives?

My walk mode button does not seem to do anything, is that just for the speed versions of the Bosch drives?
This is disabled by default in the US and is unable to be enabled with the dealer software. I believe Bosch now has the approval to use the system in the US, but we are waiting on the software update.

Oh hi,

I two KTM bikes brought into the US as demos. Bosch active line. The walk function does work on them, as does the 15-16 mph limiter:-(

Btw, although it makes sense, the pedals turn, so when pushing up a steep hill sometimes they get in the way.

I used it pushing the bike up 25% or steeper grade hill. In fact, I want pull mode instead of walk mode!

So the walk function on the Bosch performance line is still not available in U.S. With software update?

Now that I'm doing more off road work, there have been a few cases where I have had to walk the bike up steep sections with roots and could really have used this. The bike is pretty heavy when your footing is questionable.

This is disabled by default in the US and is unable to be enabled with the dealer software. I believe Bosch now has the approval to use the system in the US, but we are waiting on the software update.
Hi Chris-

Has the software update arrived for both Yamaha (Haibike) and Bosch systems to enable this feature in the USA? Just curious

Bob - Unfortunately it is a hardware and software change so it's not backwards compatible :( at least for Bosch. I'm not sure about Yamaha.

Bob - Unfortunately it is a hardware and software change so it's not backwards compatible :( at least for Bosch. I'm not sure about Yamaha.
That is a bummer! I think this feature would also come in handy when loading on the ramp style bike racks (Thule makes one) as a back saver. I hope they find a workaround for Yamaha Sduros. Thanks though.

Back