Walking mode via Computer?

Lee Tol

I've read about a "walking" mode that turns on the motor to assist when walking it up hills. There's no mention of this in the manual. I read somewhere else on the forum that somebody enabled it by holding down the "+" button? This doesn't do anything for me but change the assist mode when I release the button. If anybody could shed some light, that would be great! Thanks

I've read about a "walking" mode that turns on the motor to assist when walking it up hills. There's no mention of this in the manual. I read somewhere else on the forum that somebody enabled it by holding down the "+" button? This doesn't do anything for me but change the assist mode when I release the button. If anybody could shed some light, that would be great! Thanks

Hi Lee,

Easy Motion bikes do not have this feature.
I have looked into the manual thoroughly and this function doesn't exist at all.

As James and Mark pointed out, Stromers have it not Easy Motion bikes.

Hi Lee,

Easy Motion bikes do not have this feature.
I have looked into the manual thoroughly and this function doesn't exist at all.

As James and Mark pointed out, Stromers have it not Easy Motion bikes.

Hi James, Mark and Ravi -

hmmm, @frazzxr indicated that he was able to turn on the motor by holding the "+" key in this post - which seemes to be supported by this article by Turbo Bob.

Would be a nice surprise if it was true!

Hi James, Mark and Ravi -

hmmm, @@frazzxr indicated that he was able to turn on the motor by holding the "+" key in this post - which seemes to be supported by this article by Turbo Bob.

Would be a nice surprise if it was true!

Lee,

I have also confirmed with an Easy Motion rep. This feature doesn't exist. Bob Bandhauer AKA Turbo Bob is an Ebike Enthusiast and does promote Ebike culture in San Diego area and organizes rides routinely with Myrons Xtrem Machines/ Pedego bikes etc. He is an advocate of Ebikes but he also works closely with Ebike companies. He promotes a product when he receives some sort of support from that company.

I am pretty sure he got confused with Stromer St1 bikes which were shipped to him by NYCE Wheels. Always take anything you read on any blog with a pinch of salt and crosscheck yourself. if you do find that "Walkind mode" exists, please educate us :)

Cheers

Ravi -

thanks for the confirmation. Just wishful thinking considering some of the other errors regarding modes in the manual. I'll just gingerly use the throttle should I find myself walking the bike up a steep hill with fully loaded panniers!

Always take anything you read on any blog with a pinch of salt and crosscheck yourself...
Ravi to the rescue :D thanks for helping to clear this up and also your points about how Turbo Bob works. I am certainly not perfect either and that's why it's so wonderful to have an open discussion like this on forums where anyone can chime in.

I have two euro BH Neo bikes.

They both have walk assist but no throttle.

It is activated when you press the plus button.

I find the throttle useful when walking my bike up steep hills. I do have the setting at "no assist" when doing this to avoid unexpected acceleration.

Mike
Colorado, USA

Some Neo bikes have had this feature. We use it sometimes to test the bikes up on a stand. I'll test the bikes in my line today and see if it still exists, but it was definitely on older Neo models.

Back