Wait a minute. How fast do Voltbikes ship?

Calicoskies, I got mine 2 weeks ago and love it, ride it every day. The only problem I have had is that the front brake line was not properly secured to the forks and was rubbing on the wheel rib. In now have a hole in the line and hydraulic fluid leaked all over the brake mechanism and wheel rim. Maybe just take a minute to make sure the same doesn't happen to your bike.
Thanks for the tip. I plan to go over the bikes this weekend when I have some time and check everything out. Comments like this help so many people, again thanks for taking the time.

I just received my Yukon 750 Limited today. I placed my order on May 29, it was ready for pickup June 18 but was picked up by YRC on the 19th from Blaine, WA. It rode one truck from there to Harrisburg PA where it was transferred to another truck on the 26th. This truck drove to Manassas VA and arrived the next day when they called to schedule delivery the next day. The time "window" for delivery was 9am to 5pm. The bike was loaded onto a third truck which came to my house with a very friendly driver, arriving around 11am.

There was one fist-sized hole in the side of the box but you could see foam through it so I wasn't worried. I took it out and everything looks perfect so far. Both wheels came mounted. The only thing I had to do was attach the handle bars to the front of the bike and put the pedals on. In my toolkit there was no Allen wrench that fit the bolts on the head tube but this wasn't a problem for me since I have lots of those.

When I pushed the battery level indicator it looked full (four LEDs) but plugged it in anyway and it took about an hour and a half for the charger to say the battery was full. The charger looks like it's 5 amps and it had a little fan in itself to keep from overheating. Very nice!

I shot some video of the unboxing but I did it on my phone and I'm not sure how the quality is, so I may not post it. If I do I'll put it in another thread to keep this one on-topic.

Both of my Yukon 750 Limited's arrived yesterday, boxes were beat up a bit, but everything inside looked good. Had same issues as Kory, not sure why they don't include the $.25 allen wrench for the handle bar since they include the 2 other allen wrenches for other items. Took maybe 10 minutes to unbox and assemble. Pumped up tires and took it for them for a spin. On one bike the front tire popped off the rim, not sure why. Had to deflate the tube, reseat everything, then pump it back up again, hope its good now, but really don't like the way the tire sits in the rim, almost seems like the tire need a longer/deeper edge to sit firmly in the rim.

My only real to do items now is to replace the front headlight with a real one and build a bike rack to haul these monsters on. These bikes are way bigger than I thought, now I have always heard "it just looks bigger cuz its black", but these bikes are certainly bigger than I was expecting.

The only other issue is I have to try to find out what some of the settings do, the manual/directions tell you how to get into the advanced settings, but not what each setting does inside there. I tinkered around with some of the settings, but was purely guessing as to what I was adjusting.

I hope the tire stays on TXDego, what pressure were you running?. I had this from a separate thread and think they still apply, if someone would confirm that would be great. There was also talk at one point about the controller and changing resistor to support higher current but what more concerned me was the mention of even at 15 amp default setting there seemed to be some heat issues. If someone could confirm that is a older controller or not a issue that would be a relief. I wanted to use the 80% rule of 20 amp max and set to 16 amp, would that be pretty safe for short burst on hills?

1530283897266.png

Cali, thanks for posting that info, that is more info than what is included in the manual, however I still don't know what to make of that info and the pros/cons of the various adjustments specifically the CUL, HAL, ASs the others we can probably make assumptions to figure it out. Would really like to get my hands on some manufactures data to really understand the controller and what it can and can't do.

Not sure on the tire pressure, the cheap bike pump had a gauge on it, but doubtful it was very accurate, it said 80psi and I was too lazy to go get my real gauge, so just pumped till tire felt firm.

SuperGoop and Ace20ri were providing a lot of information in this thread https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/new-voltbike-yukon-750-spotted.8120/page-6. Found it a good read, could start from beginning or around post 100. Wheel size was set to 28 on new bike received this week but thought that should be 26, have not checked accuracy of speedo yet. HAL most said just leave alone no need to adjust, set for motor specs. AS5 is just the magnets numbers on PAS sensor, we have 12.

I was able to get my second bike out of the box and all seems well. Powered up and no scratches, to late to go for ride. Only question I have is the controller moved to the box in the picture below? Has anyone explored to see if it is a better controller? I notice the HAL setting is 12 not 1 does that sound correct? Thanks for any guidance.

Attachments

• 20180629_225436.jpg
    20180629_225436.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 504
I just called George at Voltbike and he confirmed the HAL is 12, called a second time and now 6. Also mentioned to me the controller is a little better but did not add any additional information. If someone wants to open that up and share that would be great. Yes that is the controller in back not inside the frame like before.

Called again and know HAL is 6, think there was some confusion around cadence sensor which is 12.

Last edited:
I just called George at Voltbike and he confirmed the HAL is 12. Also mentioned to me the controller is a little better but did not add any additional information. If someone wants to open that up and share that would be great. Yes that is the controller in back not inside the frame like before.
I got this email from George Krastev back on 2/20/18:

"For the new Yukon 750 peak current is 20A. Rated current is 10A. This is exactly the same as the previous edition Yukon."

Thanks PCDoctor, detailed specifications seem to be difficult to nail down. Just found that my son has his HAL set to 6 so back to being unsure which is correct. Just hope George was not thinking cadence and mixed the two up. Anyone else want to say what they have from the factory. I have one HAL set at 6 and one set at 12 from factory.

Hey folks. recently got my first ebike from voltbike. And yes I also had my credit card compromised. just wanted to add for Canadian customers just in case some folks aren't aware of the steps you should take immediately afterwards. as per govt of canada recommendations

Steps to take if a victim of fraud
Some credit card issuers, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express, have zero liability policies. This means that you may not be liable for purchases made on your credit card if it is lost or stolen. Contact your card issuer to find out what protection you have.
If you become a victim of credit card fraud, take these steps:
  • Immediately report a lost or stolen credit card or any unauthorized charges that appear on your monthly statement to your credit card issuer.
  • Contact your local police and file a police report.
  • Start a written log of what happened and how you first noticed the fraud. Keep all documentation that you think may be helpful in the investigation.
  • Contact the two credit bureaus in Canada, Equifax and TransUnion. Ask that a "Fraud Alert" be placed in your credit file. At the same time, order copies of your credit report and review them. Make sure that all the accounts and debts that show up on your report are yours. Report any incorrect information to the credit bureaus.
  • Contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, a national anti-fraud call centre that collects and analyzes information on fraud and assists law enforcement agencies in investigations. (Or call 1-888-495-8501.)
For more information on how to protect yourself against financial frauds and scams, see the module on Fraud protection.

also I have a question for others who are running the latest Baffang G06 series hub motors. do your motors have the wattage stamped on them?

I do not see 750 written anywhere on motor, had bike less than week.
odd. I emailed Baffang but havnt heard from them. every other baffang motor ive seen and read about online clearly specifies the wattage.
Edited to add: BTW my HAL is set to 6 from the factory

Last edited:
My Rad Rover has the same 750w hub without any label. It definitely does the 750w by the wattage usage meter on LCD in PAS 5 or full throttle.

RadRover very similar would you happen to know your HAL setting? Either 6 or 12 (was 1 at one time) , I think it is the smaller magnets inside the motor that are glued to the housing if you pull the motor apart. I watched a VoltBike video that George did to show how to glue them back on if you lose speedometer on LCD. Thanks. Yes the motor shows over 750 Watts on LCD, wish the display showed voltage also but guess it does not have the sensors.

I just spoke to VoltBike again (Alex), he took the time to check two bikes and they both had the HAL set to 6. I think when i asked George he was thinking cadence sensor for some reason. I am going to stay with 6 because seems to be a consensus.

I got this email from George Krastev back on 2/20/18:

"For the new Yukon 750 peak current is 20A. Rated current is 10A. This is exactly the same as the previous edition Yukon."

When I spoke with VoltBike I asked for the model number of the controller in the latest Yukon 750 2018 05-2018 Shipment . He had one right there and read the number to me. Model given was LSW1106-58-10F the old one was the LSW784-45-3M. I am having trouble locating any information on this different model number. I should of asked for Min and MAX current but thought I could find anything I wanted with the model number. It could just be a different size and same specification but I would hope that it is a little better. Any of you with better search skills than me want to add specs that would be great. I just do not have the guts to open it up after a week plus it is 100 degrees outside.

I was able to get my second bike out of the box and all seems well. Powered up and no scratches, to late to go for ride. Only question I have is the controller moved to the box in the picture below? Has anyone explored to see if it is a better controller? I notice the HAL setting is 12 not 1 does that sound correct? Thanks for any guidance.
Count the magnets on the cadence ring. Set HAL to that number. The picture in this comment is showing it. The inside of the chain ring, a black disc. Mark a magnet with red pen and turn cranks to count them. I looks like 6 magnets to me, from the spacing but, I've been wrong before. Plus Alex said 6 so, context clues... I put a 10 magnet disc on my Rover and left it HAL 6 (I think HAL 6, made no adjustments) for a more speedy motor response.

Count the magnets on the cadence ring. Set HAL to that number. The picture in this comment is showing it. The inside of the chain ring, a black disc. Mark a magnet with red pen and turn cranks to count them. I looks like 6 magnets to me, from the spacing but, I've been wrong before. Plus Alex said 6 so, context clues... I put a 10 magnet disc on my Rover and left it HAL 6 (I think HAL 6, made no adjustments) for a more speedy motor response.

Thanks for the reply but HAL setting and ASs (assistance?) Are two different things. Yes cadence sensor that move when you pedal has 12 magnets so you set ASs to 12 but the HAL is the magnets inside the motor which will be 6 according to four different bikes being checked. My bike was the only odd ball, just lucky I guess.

Back