Voltage Reading On Display

davemcw

Region
USA
I was curious what impact the voltage reading on the onboard display may have on range. I have 2 step thru xp 2.0 bikes and both seem to show around 53.6v on a fully charged battery. My voltmeter shows closer to the expected 54.6v. If the display is reading 1v low, does that mean I lose some range as the controller thinks the voltage is lower than it really is? Do some displays on the 2.0 actually read the 54.6v on a full charge or is some lost in the circuitry?

It's the draw to operate display and controller. You also will only see the full charge when the battery is in balance. A couple over night charges in a row will re-balance the battery. It gets a little out of balance over time but you don't want to constantly try to keep the battery at perfect balance all the time as it will shorts battery life

Hello XP forum members out there!
Is this accurate?
Because my battery also tops out at 53.6v.
I was worried it was faulty or degraded somehow.
Anybody have an opinion to add?
Cheers,
Racer

Digital battery gauges vary in accuracy. The reading you get with an external voltmeter would be more accurate as long as it's of good quality.
The bike gauge may be reading a loss of voltage due to resistance in the circuit and the current necessary to power the controller. You will always get a slightly higher reading when the battery is disconnected. Battery age & condition can also make a difference in how long it maintains a fully charged voltage.

Back