Velociraptor gen2

Mchatti

Region
United Kingdom
hello, a very easy installation and dismantling process before visiting the service encourages you to use this module, someone uses, what opinion, suggestions, any answers are welcome.

Last edited:
Which translates to:

"hello very simple installation and disassembly process before going to the site encourages you to use this module, someone uses, what opinions, suggestions, any answers are welcome."

witam bardzo prosty proces instalacji i demontażu przed pójściem do serwisu zachęca do skorzystania z tego modułu, ktoś używa, jakie opinie, sugestie, wszelkie odpowiedzi mile widziane.

Są najwyżej oceniane, ale nie jestem ich właścicielem. Przydałoby się wiedzieć, jaki masz rower.

Są najwyżej oceniane, ale nie jestem ich właścicielem. Przydałoby się wiedzieć, jaki masz rower.
How did you know he was Polish? :)

As far as I know, Velociraptor only works on the speed sensor side, actually dividing the measured e-bike speed. That makes the speed readout, distance ridden and the odometer all wrong. Possibly the only solution for the new Mastermind Spec e-bikes but I am all for PearTune for Vado 4.0 2021 even if the setup is quite complicated.

How did you know he was Polish? :)

As far as I know, Velociraptor only works on the speed sensor side, actually dividing the measured e-bike speed. That makes the speed readout, distance ridden and the odometer all wrong. Possibly the only solution for the new Mastermind Spec e-bikes but I am all for PearTune for Vado 4.0 2021 even if the setup is quite complicated.
Google Translate told me his initial posting was Polish - but it has since been changed to English. I did not know he was Polish, only that he posted in that language.

the sensor readings are not a problem for me, I can always use the wahoo sensors I have 3 sets of them, I use the wahoo roam like you.

I am Polish, I live and work in London I bought my bike a week ago, so I would not want to lose the warranty by unauthorized modifications.
Welcome to the forum and to your new bike. I'd stick with the warranty before making modifications for a while.

@Mchatti: Installing the Velociraptor is not a bad thing. It is because you'll be able to determine whether derestricting Vado SL is really worthwhile in your daily life. And you could use the BLEvo app on your smartphone: it has special tools to compensate for Velociraptor.

Thx Stefan , so far I am looking for information on this topic on the web and, every next day I learn something new))) there are not too many information about levociraptor gen2 , especially from users.

I use the Peartune 3.0 which is one of the few chips that still display the correct speed and was not difficult to fit, but does help to remove the motor I found. I was in Specialized Store in UK a few days back chatting about CREO and they said Specialized don't care much about derestricting much these days and they are looking to start selling the kits themselves !!! With Europe, we have speed of 15.5mph before motor cuts out, but this is the same motor on the 28mph ones you get in the USA, so make more sense over here.

I bought levociraptor, I use it and I am very happy, installation is very easy 5 minutes. And the fact that the wahoo distorts the speed and distance does not bother me at all because it is enough to multiply by 2, I recommend it.

I’m considering riding the Seattle-to-Portland event in 2024. This event does not allow Class 3 e-bikes, so I’m looking for a way to limit my Creo’s top assist speed. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind limiting it, as I’ll need all of the range I can get. The only way I see to accomplish this is with Levociraptor. However, I have Road Remote buttons installed, and if I remember correctly, they use the only available connections.

Has anybody tried connecting both devices, and if so, how would it be accomplished?

You mean the remote buttons for changing the support levels and the display of the Mastermind TCU?
I ride the Creo SL Expert EVO, also with the remote buttons and use the Leveciraptor Gen3.
I have no problems to freely select the maximum support speed with BLEvo (Levociraptor submenu), it also works with the native Levociraptor app. In parallel, I can also use Mission Control.
With the Levociraptor 3, the correct speed is displayed on both the Mastermind TCU and the Garmin.
Assembly/disassembly takes less than five minutes.

Could you explain Valentino how it works? I see that Levociraptor Gen 3 claims the full compatibility with the Mastermind TCU, and it can transfer all the data to BLEvo. I understand it works for you. Any idea how was it done?

Could you explain Valentino how it works? I see that Levociraptor Gen 3 claims the full compatibility with the Mastermind TCU, and it can transfer all the data to BLEvo. I understand it works for you. Any idea how was it done?

I only use BLEvo to set the top speed. It is supposed to work without restrictions, but I have not tested it yet.
In terms of technology, I can only say something about the assembly, everything beyond that is unknown to me.

My concern about the Road Remotes was unfounded. I now realize the Levociraptor connects between the motor and the TCU.

Back