Dual Battery Balancer circuit - experiences!

I have been recommending against the use of these gadgets since they became AliExpress staples for months. It used to be a battery combiner/balancer/whatever was a very rare bird, very expensive ($500 or more for a 52v that takes decent amps for a 2wd bike that gulps power) and low production volume from only one or two reliable vendors. Now all manner of yokels are buying them from Ali for twenty bucks and singing their praises. Its idiotic for exactly the reasons @Ravi Kempaiah said... you have absolutely no assurance of efficacy or quality control from a vendor who is unaccountable legally, and who as a group are infamous for cutting corners. And its a device that can cause a serious, catastrophic fire if those corners get cut.

These are the same people who are saying their UPP pack hasn't burst into flames (yet) so the $129 they paid for it was a smart buy.

Mine have worked ok so far on 1 ebike an 1 trike.
2 48v/11.6 Ah same cells both batteries purchased with bike when new.
48v/14 ah an a 48v/15ah on the trike.
SOP feeling is the 2 matched capacity same cell 11.6Ah ones give a little more oomph when use on the bike.
The trike has 1 silverfish case and uses the second 48v/14Ah downtube battery i bought as an extra for the 2 wheeled bike before i did the dual setup on either.

Mine have worked ok so far on 1 ebike an 1 trike.

The problem is when they don't work they don't fail safely by shutting down, and they can fail catastrophically and set your battery on fire too.

You may not even have enough time to get off the bike before it bursts into flames.

I'm simply going to carry a second battery and swap it out when it's drained.
It takes two minutes.

When I first started using these isolators, it seemed like a good idea, especially for long rides. Eventually, I realized it made no sense to partially discharge two batteries on a ride where just one was needed. It's a hassle if you only have one charger and need to recharge both. It also adds an unnecessary charge cycle.

It was a no-brainer for me to ditch these things, especially after the overheating incident. To me anyway, swapping out batteries or using a switch makes much more sense.

I wonder what all the Big name brands, Bikonit, Biktwix, BacCou etc are using as they are also dual batteries?
I remember seeing a couple of potted isolators on my Wart Hog MD 750 bike, I think I took a couple of photo's and asked what they were and no one replied.
Up date: Here is the photo of this battery balancer, I think?

Last edited:
The problem is when they don't work they don't fail safely by shutting down, and they can fail catastrophically and set your battery on fire too.

You may not even have enough time to get off the bike before it bursts into flames.

I'm simply going to carry a second battery and swap it out when it's drained.
It takes two minutes.
I'm a walking dead man already an 2 batteries gives a nice boost.

Back