Vado SL Rack Question

As I'm sure you know, that screw hole above the tire is for mounting a fender. One has to wonder if it was made to take the weight and flexing of a rack. Personally, I'd mount it to the seat post instead.
The SL owner's guide actually recommends that as a rack mounting point, although if I were carrying much weight on a rack the double mount point method might be stronger and more stable.

The SL owner's guide actually recommends that as a rack mounting point, although if I were carrying much weight on a rack the double mount point method might be stronger and more stable.
My single attachment point seems to be holding up well so far (fingers remain crossed ;) ). I have pushed on it and my one pannier is unfortunately too heavy. And on occasion, two panniers. I'm one of those AT LEAST TEN ESSENTIAL hikers and by extension, biker.

But I'm still leaving out the brick or rock to support my bike when no post or fence is around (see the trip picture thread), since I don't have a kickstand.

Ressurecting the old thread.

Ortlieb Quick-Rack as an excellent rear rack for Vado SL non-EQ. It is mindblowing!

1715790769409.png

1715790804171.png

The rack fits all "normal" bikes/e-bikes with the wheel size up to 28" (I don't think MTBs qualify here, and the dropper post bikes certainly do not).

• 5 or 6 mm rear rack mounting points in the frame rear triangle are supported (Vado SL takes 5 mm bolts), or
  • In case of the lack of the mounting points, seat-stay adapters are provided
  • The other end of the rack connects to the seat-post or seat-tube. All is adjustable
  • The rear hub spacing is irrelevant as the rack is elastic enough to adjust the rods to a given frame width
  • Plethora of accessories (which you probably wouldn't ever need) and all necessary bolts are provided
  • It is possible to attach a trailer to the rack (I'm not interested so I did not study this matter)
  • Ortlieb says you can buy an accessory to install the tail-light on the rack (I'm not interested).
  • Supported load of 20 kg (the normal -- not the Light -- version).
It took me just a few minutes to install the rack, adjust it, and tighten all necessary screws to the spec. In case you need to remove the rack, you release the lever at the seat-post attachment, and you release two locks at the rear triangle. The clearances are so generous that I see no issue to install the temporary SKS Speedrocker mudguards to be used together with the rack.

And that is not a really expensive thing.

@gpburdell: Thank you so much for recommending the rack!

Back