Vado sl 4 vs 5

Please understand me:
There are two items in my Vado SL I won't give up: The headlight and the TCD mount.
These two depend on the Specialized stem. What did you people do to your headlight mount and TCD bracket when you replaced the original stem with ShockStop?

@RyedaleMike:
I can see you have handled the conversion to RedShift ShockStop stem pretty well.
Please answer my questions:
  1. How did you relocate the Lezyne headlight? Details please.
  2. How did you relocate the display mount? Details required.
The reason I'm asking is this one:
1625720000493.png

Headlight and computer mounts integrated with Specialized stem.

I'll appreciate your detailed answer, the best it it's illustrated with pictures.

Hi Stephan,
Basically flipped the headlight and attached it to a go-pro mount under a garmin mount. Hopefully picture makes sense!
Thank you!
Mike, please tell me:
  • You installed the RedShift ShockStop
  • You installed a Go-Pro mount and attached the Lezyne below it. Could you tell me what exactly Go-Pro mount?
  • No issues with cable slack? What size is your Vado SL?

I broke my plastic Specialized headlight stem attachment putting the bike in the car. I replaced it with a F3 formmount with the garmin and GoPro attachments. I generally use a Garmin 1030 + for riding and leave the TCD at home. The Specialized TCD will fit the Garmin mount and the Leyzene light will fit the GoPro attachment. You can probably find much cheaper alternatives to the F3 or K-edge mounts with a little research but at least you can see what they look like.

this is another style:
F3 Light and garmin mount.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going for RedShift ShockStop 6 deg x 100 mm. My brother has a spare Go-Pro Mount. A no-brainer. Thank you @RyedaleMike and @Allan47.7339 for your good advice!
Hi Stephan
Medium size bike and no issues with cables. There are loads of mounts - I got mine off Amazon, screen shot attached!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-094433_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210708-094433_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 195
RydaleMike and Allan47, great photos and details of how you attach the light and Garmin. Thanks! And Stefan, I’ll be waiting to hear your assessment of the shock stop vs stock VSL stem. You probably already considered this, but here’s a good stem comparison tool. By going from the VSL stock stem to a 100@6 deg., you will extend your reach by 15mm and lower the bars by 8mm.

Back