Will 700x47c Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready tyres fit on a Turbo Vado SL 5?

The tyre size is not everything. Vado SL 5.0 has the Future Shock suspension stem, which reportedly does miracles to the ride comfort. @Jeremy McCreary rides his 5.0 SL tubeless on Pathfinders Pro 38 mm, and he could certainly chime in.
I've had my SL all of 4 weeks, and it's had tubeless Pathfinder Pros all of 3 weeks. Not much of a track record yet, but I'm already a big fan of these tires.

Compared to the stock Nimbus 2 city tires, huge improvent in ride comfort, excellent grip offroad, and noticeably lower rolling resistance on pavement — all this at 38 mm and 36 psi. No need for a suspension seat post now. Remarkably, they even did well in a brief trial on damp low-tide beach sand!

View attachment 183697
Poland is a sandy country. Even a decent gravel road gets sandy during drougt.
Same here in mostly dry coastal SoCal. There's a sandy veneer of variable depth on every unpaved surface — usually just a millimeter or less, but it's usually loose, and deeper pockets appear without warning. Makes steep sections pretty scary, sometimes even on foot.

So far, the Pathfinders are doing fine on the thin coatings.

20230222_193221.jpg

During wind events, any beach-adjacent pavement gets blowing sand. Above is the Coast Highway at South Ponto Beach as a big winter storm blew in off the Pacific. The rain came later. The hub-drive's 2.3" hybrid tires had no trouble riding through here, but my poor eyes and nose were full of sand.

Last edited:
Stefan, do you think there may be a suspension/ride cushioning type advantage/benefit with the slightly wider 42mm Pathfinders Pro vs the 38mm?

After yesterdays wheel stopping incident, picking up a few sticks and leaves and long grass which all lodged somewhere between the front guard and tyre, I have decided to remove the guards.

SWorks Tracer currently available in 38mm

Stefan, do you think there may be a suspension/ride cushioning type advantage/benefit with the slightly wider 42mm Pathfinders Pro vs the 38mm?
It's not easy to answer. Bear in mind I rode the 38s tubed for almost three years. The decision to "unequip" my Vado SL was partly dictated by curiosity and partly by the wish to make my Vado SL look "sporty". I had a real urge to go tubeless, and that gave me the chance to try the 42s. Soon, it turned out I actually needed a rear rack (hence a detachable Ortlieb Quick Rack) and mudguards (SKS Speedrockers). If I kept 38s, I could use the Speedrockers now (but I can't use the rear mudguard because the 42 mm is too big!) I had to get rid of the e-bike battery powered tail-light and use an external one!

I guess keeping 38s but going tubeless is the best move one can make. Tubeless allows riding the e-bike at a reduced pressure, and that affects the ride comfort very much, more than 4 mm tyre width increase. Also, 2Bliss tyres are supple and comfortable pe se.

Again, I think removing the front mudguard is a must but keeping the rear mudguard + rear-rack + tail-light assembly is useful and harmless.

Thank you Stefan, priceless 👍

I would prefer to keep the rear rack, guard and light, so 38mm is an easy decision.

S-Works Tracer/Tracer Pro 2Bliss or Pathfinder Pro in 2Bliss?

I opened the Tool Kit that came with the SL this afternoon, found 3 small, colour coded springs. I didn't realise that the Future Shock has no spring installed from factory.

Back