Vado 5 charging question

Thanks for the detailed response. I did pose this question to Specialized support and they did respond that it's OK to use a cord and that many people have asked about this. As I said in my reply to Nxkharra, if it's OK to use a cord, why do they say it's not in their manual? It might be useful if they have concerns about using just any type of cord, they simply state what's acceptable.
No microwave oven manufacturer writes in their operating manual you shouldn't put babies into it either :) Because it is obvious you cannot. Why don't you ask if you can use the cord for your vacuum cleaner or a toaster? Because it is obvious you can.

Do you people ever read:

1604583227594.png

Specialized should put nothing in their User Manual because they put all the info on the charger. The max current is 2.5 A without making a PhD degree in electrical sciences :) Now, check on your cord if it's good for 2.5 A.

Last edited:
No microwave oven manufacturer writes in their operating manual you shouldn't put babies into it either :) Because it is obvious you cannot. Why don't you ask if you can use the cord for your vacuum cleaner or a toaster? Because it is obvious you can.

Do you people ever read:

View attachment 70657
Specialized should put nothing in their User Manual because they put all the info on the charger. The max current is 2.5 A without making a PhD degree in electrical sciences :) Now, check on your cord if it's good for 2.5 A.
Since Specialized put the warning in writing, one would tend to defer to that. I read the manual but who reads the bottom of a battery charger?

I read the manual but who reads the bottom of a battery charger?
Anybody with the slightest understanding what "electricity" means :) (You might ask who reads the notice on recommended tyre inflation pressure of a car; typically inside the driver's door) :)
Cheer up, Mike! You got the answer and I'm in jolly mood! :)

I just want to say that this response, while brilliant is so over my head it is crazy! Thank you for breaking it down so well. I just cannot wrap my head around electricity but I am so grateful for those of you that do and share the info with people like me.
I just want to say that this response, while brilliant is so over my head it is crazy! Thank you for breaking it down so well. I just cannot wrap my head around electricity but I am so grateful for those of you that do and share the info with people like me.
I'm with you. Before my memory headed south I had a pretty good grasp of the subject. Now it seems that when I flip a switch, magic happens and it's all done with very thin wires and mirrors.

Back