Using Di2 hood buttons to control motor assist level?

I have done more research on this. I believe the key to using the hoods for assist control is to install this device:

the catch, for some of us, is that it is not available for purchase in the US. but according to TQ tech support, this will do the trick.

that would be nice! it’s really ridiculous that big manufacturers like specialized and trek sell these bikes with di2 and then add kludgy power control buttons with extra wires. just lazy.

that would be nice! it’s really ridiculous that big manufacturers like specialized and trek sell these bikes with di2 and then add kludgy power control buttons with extra wires. just lazy.
For sure! now all we need is a friendly European to help us test this experiment.

Do you have the E-TUBE phone app. available? I believe you can configure it under the "Assist" customization feature. I have the Domane+ with the 105 Di2 and I'm able to configure my left shift/brake lever to scroll forward/backward through my Garmin and control my bicycle lights using E-TUBE "Cycle computer" and my right shift/brake lever controls the front/rear derailleur using the synchronized shift & multi shift. When I first got my Domane+, I was torn if I should've spent more for hoods with the buttons until the bicycle shop mechanic proposed the solution that I currently use. I hope this information helps you.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 13
Yes thanks I have that app and I have used it to configure the buttons to control my garmin scroll. But I do not have the option to use the buttons to control motor assist. I think this is because I lack that shinano part for the bike

Back