5 Bosch Display Choices - Good, Bad and Ugly

It's quite legible but, in true Kiox style, it is displayed on only one screen which is quite likely not the screen that you'll want!
Could be good for @Dallant, though. Thank you David!

(Great thing about Specialized TCD-W is its five screens can be completely configured).

Kiox does. It's quite legible but, in true Kiox style, it is displayed on only one screen which is quite likely not the screen that you'll want!

Sorry, I cannot take a photo as my Homage is in hospital yet again.
If you update the Kiox via the Bosch Connect app you can now customise the displays. Here is one I use...
20200918_083935.jpg

@Alaskan: which of the Bosch displays will show rider's cadence during the ride?
Is it possible to replace the Purion with another display? @Dallant is not happy with Purion in his Allant+, I'm trying to help.

@Stephen - Bosch Team: same questions to you.
My Nyon has cadence as one of the many data points available to be displayed on the custom ride or fitness screen. I don't know if the new Nyon has the same features.

My data and fitness screens

FireShot Pro Screen Capture #084 - 'Bosch eBike Connect' - www_ebike-connect_com_ebikeconnect_...jpg
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #085 - 'Bosch eBike Connect' - www_ebike-connect_com_ebikeconnect_...jpg

This is the list of data points available to be displayed:

Distance covered
Bike total distance
User total distance
Cadence current
Cadence average
eShift current gear
Speed current
Driving time
Clock
Consumpt. current
Consumpt. average wHr/mile
Assistance level
Slope
Altitude current
Rider Power current
Calories burned
Heart rate current
Torque current
Training effect
Battery
Range dist./batt.
Speed avg./max.
Remain. dist./time
Elevation gain/loss
Rider Power avg./max.
Heart rate avg./max.
Torque avg./max.

@Alaskan: which of the Bosch displays will show rider's cadence during the ride?
Is it possible to replace the Purion with another display? @Dallant is not happy with Purion in his Allant+, I'm trying to help.

@Stephen - Bosch Team: same questions to you.
It’s not that I’m unhappy with the Purion, it’s just that I can’t see any cadence info. I can live without it if changing to another system is pricey/overly complex. After all, I just bought my wife a new Ebike! I’ve always spun about as fast a cadence as I’m comfortable with so knowing exactly what cadence it is really isn’t essential to me.😎👍

It’s not that I’m unhappy with the Purion, it’s just that I can’t see any cadence info. I can live without it if changing to another system is pricey/overly complex. After all, I just bought my wife a new Ebike! I’ve always spun about as fast a cadence as I’m comfortable with so knowing exactly what cadence it is really isn’t essential to me.😎👍
the cheapest way is to get a garmin gps and a cadence sensor. you can even get a Garmin watch and connect a cadence sensor too it both are cheaper.

Bumping this thread as I am trying to decide my next step. After research, options are below with Pros & Cons (as I understand them). Any feedback or corrections greatly appreciated. I am riding a 2019 Domane+ with original Purion controller.
  • New Nyon - PROS - seems to have all bells & whistles, including customizing assist level; CONS - not available in the US until AUG or so due to microchip shortage and also very pricey; tougher install upgrade from Purion
  • Old Nyon - PROS - less costly; bigger screen; landscape orientation; CONS - can you buy them new anywhere? "older" tech may not be supported as long
  • Kiox - PROS - cheaper installed than new Nyon and generally available now; CONS - haven't seen a good comparison to see what is missing v. new Nyon
  • Separate Head Unit - Garmin, Hammerhead, etc.

Bumping this thread as I am trying to decide my next step. After research, options are below with Pros & Cons (as I understand them). Any feedback or corrections greatly appreciated. I am riding a 2019 Domane+ with original Purion controller.
  • New Nyon - PROS - seems to have all bells & whistles, including customizing assist level; CONS - not available in the US until AUG or so due to microchip shortage and also very pricey; tougher install upgrade from Purion
  • Old Nyon - PROS - less costly; bigger screen; landscape orientation; CONS - can you buy them new anywhere? "older" tech may not be supported as long
  • Kiox - PROS - cheaper installed than new Nyon and generally available now; CONS - haven't seen a good comparison to see what is missing v. new Nyon
  • Separate Head Unit - Garmin, Hammerhead, etc.
I just turned 200 miles on my new Reise & Muller Homage that I picked up in May. I ordered it with the Nyon display. After the initial learning curve and customization I absolutely love it. It is very customizable and an excellent display choice. Highly recommended.

well I have had all of them so lets see. I would only get the old Nyon if you have a Intuvia installed otherwise you have to have wired ran for it. the Kiox works well if you don't need GPS or want to adjust the assist levels its simple turns on fast and connects really well. Neve had it crash. They all wont record one ride as a single ride if they turn off. though if you sync with your phone it will lump one days ride together. but on the website it does not. I use ride with gps to make my rides then import them into e bike connect that will sync them to the nyon. but I have noticed that when I import them sometimes they get changed a bit. You can get a lot of data on one screen on the old Nyon but the bottom row if info is pretty limited. you have a date screen it does not have a spot to show you the assist levels. when you change levels you get the assist level and a arrow showing what way it is going up or down. the new Nyon has a small indicator and like the Kiox the screen background color changes with the assist levels so its easy to see what your in. one cool thing about the old Nyon it will start up in whatever assist level you started in. the old nyon you would have to set the altimeter every ride if you wanted accuracy where the news one auto sets it. Both seem to get more up or down than my garmin 1030+ and when I import the maps out shows a lot more then what ride with gps shows. I still use my garmin to save my rides to strava and to keep track of temp and a couple things that I cant have all on the screen at the same time. like my heading temp and such. plus notifications too.
they all need a ride end button so when you're actually done it save it as one ride. connecting to bluetooth devices sucks on all of them. the old Nyon I had to jumps a different way to get it hooked to my newer iPhone either of the Nyons will work if you connect to both wifi and bluetooth the old one you have to turn one off and the other on to get it to work. the only nyon only connects to a couple of HRMS the Kiox and new Nyon connect to several but they all need you to do it in different ways. I Like how the Nyons show the streets you need to turn on and the map in general. but their mapping is not as good as a garmin especially if you use it without making your own map. both Lyons take longer to boost then the Kiox. but after several gamins they were pretty easy to navigate.
so you don't get GPS on the kiox or a altimeter or level assist adjust less info on the screen you can get the Nyon for 360 https://www.ebay.com/itm/274783173212 it came with al the wires too so it can replace a purion or Intuvia.

If you are making decisions based on the original post most of it is out of date and inaccurate. The Nyon and Cobi are both available in North America, the features and functions have all been improved since 2019. You really need to start your research from scratch at this point and only pay attention to things mid 2020 to current.

Back