User manual says....

Franklo

when motor display is set to 75 % , boost is at it's most powerful. So what does that mean when it's set to
100 %.
on my EVO 27.5 and EVO Street bikes, I do feel more of a surge of power at the 75% setting than the 100 % setting.

The assist levels used to be (off) eco, standard, sport, boost. Later these were replaced with percentages. I guess there's an error in wording of the manual, where it used to say "boost" has the highest level of assist. And it does, though it's barely noticeable from sport.

75% or "sport mode" seems to have more torque than all the other settings. where as the other modes give you just enough boost to keep you going except the 100%
setting which seems a bit more powerful. 75% sport mode just seems to react quicker and with more speed than all the other settings. who knows ? all works for me very well so far.

75% or "sport mode" seems to have more torque than all the other settings. where as the other modes give you just enough boost to keep you going except the 100%
setting which seems a bit more powerful. 75% sport mode just seems to react quicker and with more speed than all the other settings. who knows ? all works for me very well so far.

Franklo-There are default power settings preset at the factory within each power assist level (the levels are low, medium and high) I myself have a similar issue. I do not notice any difference in power from sport mode to boost @100%. I also notice when I am in standard or eco mode, the output is the same (very little). I just ride in sport mode most of the time. If my battery gets below 18%, the system defaults to standard which makes it very hard to pedal the last few miles. Perhaps a diagnostic check at the dealer would reveal the preset settings??
Did you find out what your solution is to your power output? Thanks!

It's technically not a flaw. The older bikes had "eco", "sport", and a couple of other modes. the newer Easy Motion's now just say 30%, 50%,75%,100%, at least the two i have. 75% seems quicker than 100%. I suspect it's just the way it senses the torque sensors in that mode. Kinda like shifting your car down to 3rd gear to get the revs up and go faster. I'm usually in the 30-50 % mode anyway. I'm very range paranoid, even though the range on the 2 bikes i have is very good. But the 2 higher boost modes are quite addictive. Just can't wait for good riding weather. This winter will not go away. Got another blizzard coming today supposedly.

It's technically not a flaw. The older bikes had "eco", "sport", and a couple of other modes. the newer Easy Motion's now just say 30%, 50%,75%,100%, at least the two i have. 75% seems quicker than 100%. I suspect it's just the way it senses the torque sensors in that mode. Kinda like shifting your car down to 3rd gear to get the revs up and go faster. I'm usually in the 30-50 % mode anyway. I'm very range paranoid, even though the range on the 2 bikes i have is very good. But the 2 higher boost modes are quite addictive. Just can't wait for good riding weather. This winter will not go away. Got another blizzard coming today supposedly.

Thanks Franklo-
Yeah I hear ya! Every time we get above 50 degrees, I drop everything and go for a ride on the trails and whip around curves at +20mph in sport(75%) mode. I was told that the 2015 bikes were tuned a little higher so I get up to 23-24mph before I hear the motor start to decrease in assistance. I get about 30 miles on a single charge staying in that mode on most of my rides. Yes-'2 higher boost modes are quite addictive'. I rarely use other modes and I do not use too many gears either. Largest chainring in front most of the time. Love the 46t size for great cadence with speed... Ride safe!

Back