Urban Evo 10 vs Cross Lite Evo

Marrduk24

All

looking at bikes at two end of price spectrum. Bulls bikes and a temporary bike in form of Radmission.
Focusing on Bulls, have shortlisted two bikes

Urban Evo 10
Pros;
- Class 3
- $800 cheaper

Cons
- No suspension: would be nice to have one to deal with NYC potholes and generally bad bike lanes

Cross Lite seems to have superior components but I am a bike rookie and not sure if I would appreciate most of those.

I am wondering if Kinnect seatpost on urban Evo would make up for no suspension and if I am better of getting a class 3 bike. Saving $500 in the long run is not worth it.
Any inputs would be helpful.
@Adam@BULLSeBIKES

Check out the Trek Allant+ 7S as an alternative to the Urban Evo 10. The Allant+ 7S has front suspension forks, Bosch Performance Line Speed motor (28 mph), 500 WH battery and a current MSRP of $3900.

E-bikes are heavy and rigid so a suspension is helpful. A front suspension is more of a priority than a rear suspension. A Kinnect seatpost won't make up for the shock at the front end. For me, rear suspension is not as necessary. A soft saddle absorbs shock. You can easily add a suspension seat post later if still desired.

You don't need a class 3 bike, but the class 1 20 mph limit is frustrating at times.

Check out the Trek Allant+ 7S as an alternative to the Urban Evo 10. The Allant+ 7S has front suspension forks, Bosch Performance Line Speed motor (28 mph), 500 WH battery and a current MSRP of $3900.

E-bikes are heavy and rigid so a suspension is helpful. A front suspension is more of a priority than a rear suspension. A Kinnect seatpost won't make up for the shock at the front end. For me, rear suspension is not as necessary. A soft saddle absorbs shock. You can easily add a suspension seat post later if still desired.

You don't need a class 3 bike, but the class 1 20 mph limit is frustrating at times.
Thanks a lot. 100% agree with what you have said there. Out of bulls lineup, sentinel 2.0 is now actually top of my list. One of the question marks I have is whether riding position is too aggressive. I need something fairly upright. So trying to figure out how to test ride.
I feel Sentinel outperforms Trek in every way (and has price to go with it) - far superior fork, XT drivetrain, 625 wh battery, etc.

I also like Twenty8 E45 a lot but it has older Gen motor

I'd love to have a Bulls Sentinel 2.0 !!!!
The Sentinel riding position can be changed easily by raising the handlebars. The bike comes with a 70-80mm 6 degree stem. Changing to a 110 or 120mm 17 degree stem will raise the bars a little. Changing to a 25-30 degree stem will raise them more. Or adding a $15 stem riser will raise the bars 2-3 inches. Changing the stem and/or handlebars for under $100 can make the bike a custom fit for you. I imagine Crazy Lenny bike shop would give you a deal on the Sentinel price.

I'd love to have a Bulls Sentinel 2.0 !!!!
The Sentinel riding position can be changed easily by raising the handlebars. The bike comes with a 70-80mm 6 degree stem. Changing to a 110 or 120mm 17 degree stem will raise the bars a little. Changing to a 25-30 degree stem will raise them more. Or adding a $15 stem riser will raise the bars 2-3 inches. Changing the stem and/or handlebars for under $100 can make the bike a custom fit for you. I imagine Crazy Lenny bike shop would give you a deal on the price.
That’s what I was thinking of. Adding a ritchey adjustable stem.

I have the Urban EVO 10 diamond, got it back in dec 2020. Overall it's a great bike, currently I have just over 13600 miles on it. I wouldn't want anything less than class 3 bike, since it allows me to keep up with traffic. So far, the most I have a done in a single day was just over 70 miles, which isn't too bad.

I have a bulls crossmover speed. its close 1.5" tires it came with a spring front fork that I replaced with a rockshock commuter air fork. also the and put on 4 piston shimano brakes. but I also have the allant 8s .the allant is not as fast of a bike with those fat tires but its easier on my body then the corssmover ever was even with the new fork and good suspension seat post. I got the allant a little ore aggressive so both bikes are close in reach. the advangate on the trek is I can put a second battery on it. the components are not as good as the bulls but its not really been a issue they are close enough to not really matter.

Back