Ultra motor with failed secondary gear bearing

E-Willy

Region
Canada
I've got a new Ultra Beast from Biktrix (Bafang Ultra), about 200 km on it. Noticed that if I crank pedals with motor OFF I can hear the entire motor being turned over and can feel the resistance. Biktrix has been helping me troubleshoot via emails/videos sent back and forth. Have determined that the secondary compound gear (the one in the middle) has a one way bearing of some type which has failed. This bearing would normally act to prevent my pedalling action turning the entire motor, while also allowing the motor to transfer power back to the crank. In each case the motor is turning in the same direction (forward pedalling direction) so the function of the motor is not really impaired much - its just annoying to feel the resistance against my pedalling and hearing the motor turn when it is off. Biktrix is having trouble finding the part. I can't get it on greenbikes either. Has anyone else had this problem? Know where to get a replacement secondary gear or maybe just the bearing? Know how this might have failed?

Thanks

Might be worth a phone call to these folks: https://california-ebike.com/

I believe they are trying to build a complete Ultra inventory. Good people, easy to speak with as well.

Back