U-lock mount?

Fryslan

Searched but couldn't find much on this issue:

I tried to mount a Kryptonite Evolution u-lock (the orange one) on my CrossCurrent S XL. Seems there's not enough room... Am I missing something?

If the normal mount won't work, how do others lug the u-lock around? Bungee it to the top or side of rear carrier?

Many thanks for any insight.

-Ken

Have been wondering that myself... I think some people use zipties to put it on, but looks a little untidy. I haven't found one to try out yet.

(Sorry, was thinking about a different sort of lock!) Disregard the ziptie comment!

Last edited:
I tried using a triangular frame bag but it didn't fit that way either. The battery got in the way. So I strapped the bag on the rear rack and it works fine.

I just bungee mine to my MTX rack. It can’t slide out forward (not enough room) and the bungee keeps it from sliding backwards. I’ve hit bumps big enough to bottom out my suspension seat post and never had any issues. The bungee “hooks” behind the silver u-lock mount bit to keep it from sliding backwards.

Attachments

• IMG_3146.JPG
    IMG_3146.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 929
Last edited:
I just bungee mine to my MTX rack. It can’t slide out forward (not enough room) and the bungee keeps it from sliding backwards. I’ve hit bumps big enough to bottom out my suspension seat post and never had any issues. The bungee “hooks” behind the silver u-lock mount bit to keep it from sliding backwards.

Is that the Kryptonite Evolution Mini-7?

I have an Onguard Brute too but I end up using the Mini-7 the vast majority of the time. It’s lighter, easier to carry around and use. I don’t have any issues with getting the mini-7 through the rear wheel and frame.

Feed it through the rear rack locked up. Bungy cord wrapped around it to keep it from bouncing around is a good idea.

Back