Two months and still no resolution

Scott L

I am writing this post in the hopes that I can get the attention of someone from Juiced and get a permanent fix for the issue I reported on my CCS on 3/3/2018. I received my bike at the end of February and took my first ride on Saturday March 3rd. Unfortunately I road about 1/4 mile down the street and the bike cutout. I found that the only way to get the bike functioning again was to remove the battery and replace it. I opened up a support ticket that day and was pleasantly surprised to get a response that same Saturday night. Since then I have gone back and forth with support, sometimes waiting as long as two weeks to get a reply. I have replaced the controller, 1-to-4 cable, display and top and bottom battery mounting brackets and the issue still exists. I was offered a workaround of tightly strapping the battery down that has allowed me to use the bike. However, I would like to get this working as expected. I really like the bike, but at this point I would not recommend it others due to the problem I have encountered and the long resolution time.

I am writing this post in the hopes that I can get the attention of someone from Juiced and get a permanent fix for the issue I reported on my CCS on 3/3/2018. I received my bike at the end of February and took my first ride on Saturday March 3rd. Unfortunately I road about 1/4 mile down the street and the bike cutout. I found that the only way to get the bike functioning again was to remove the battery and replace it. I opened up a support ticket that day and was pleasantly surprised to get a response that same Saturday night. Since then I have gone back and forth with support, sometimes waiting as long as two weeks to get a reply. I have replaced the controller, 1-to-4 cable, display and top and bottom battery mounting brackets and the issue still exists. I was offered a workaround of tightly strapping the battery down that has allowed me to use the bike. However, I would like to get this working as expected. I really like the bike, but at this point I would not recommend it others due to the problem I have encountered and the long resolution time.
Does the bike today work for a bit and then cut out?

I see no reason why the battery socket on the bike frame is fastened down jam tight.

First thing I did with my CCS upon inspection, before I even ran it the first time, was to loosen up that receptacle, loosen its clamping ring.

It can slide around, just a bit, in its generously sized mounting hole. It is now self aligning. This is not a new concept, except to this bike, apparently.

A dab of non-permanent glue was put on the socket clamp threads so the socket will not loosen further.

Made it loose so it can move and follow any slight movement of the battery and in this way maintain electrical contact with the battery at all times, never tending to break contact:

Why on Earth Juiced makes that vital component absolutely fixed, is beyond me.

Think of it this way: in some bikes, the battery may vibrate with road shocks and shift a tiny bit. The socket, won't.

What must happen then?

Last edited:
Perhaps posting a video of the problem would help. I would first send it to Juiced service people. Other options are to post it on their facebook, twitter and snapchat sites asking for help. I would think that Tora would monitor these sites and step in. Good luck it sounds very frustrating and potentially dangerous should power cut out in traffic.

Does the bike today work for a bit and then cut out?

I see no reason why the battery socket on the bike frame is fastened down jam tight.

First thing I did with my CCS upon inspection was to loosen up that receptacle, loosen its clamping ring.

It can slide around, a half millimeter or so, in its mounting hole.

A dab of non-permanent glue was put on its threads so it will not loosen further.

Made it loose so it can move a bit and thus follow any slight movement of the battery and thus maintain electrical contact with the battery at all times, never tending to break contact.

Why on Earth Juiced makes that vital component absolutely fixed, is beyond me.

Think of it this way: in some bikes, the battery may vibrate with road shocks and shift a tiny bit. The socket, won't.

What must happen then?
Could wires in the area of the battery mount be chafed causing a shortout?

Thanks all. To answer Jazz, I did call them and unfortunately just had to leave a message. Reid, I determined going over a bump caused the issue. I was able to easily duplicate the issue by dropping the front wheel a few inches. I sent a video of that to support. In addition, I took the battery and mount off the frame and placed it on a chair still wired to the bike while I dropped the front wheel and it did not cut out. Glenn-rod, I have replaced all the parts in that area and don't see any wear on the wires. I have not done all the diagnostics I would like to do, but I believe it is exactly as Reid says, the battery connection momentarily loses contact. Unfortunately the controller does not handle this condition and locks up. And since, even with the battery turned off, there is still a little voltage applied to the controller, turning the battery off does not reset the condition. So, I will see if I can give Reid's suggestion a try to see if it stops the momentary break of the connection.

If you only purchased it 2 months ago you are definitely still under warranty. You may want to approach your cc company (if you paid by credit card) describe the situation to them while providing them copies of your attempt to get resolution from the merchant and ask them to charge it back (you'd have to return the bike of course). You may be amazed how quickly the seller becomes responsive when they are facing a chargeback. I would question wanting to buy another bike from a seller who is so bad at communications. I realize that it is a small company, has growth issues, etc. but the fact of the matter is that that should be an issue for the seller to resolve, not one that buyers have to deal with.

You can also shim the battery pack using Velcro. Juiced support sent me some pictures on where to place the Velcro. That’s how I eventually solved the cutouts I was getting over bumps.

Dunbar, I tried the shimming and it unfortunately did not work. Solom01, that is an option I did not think about. I do like the bike and would like Juiced to figure out a solution that works for me and others that have the same issue.

The best solution for you is what we aim for. We started reviewing your issue following the first symptoms and sometimes this can lead to a new issue we might have not encountered. We reached via the ticket system for the next steps, and as always thanks for your help troubleshooting.

The battery interface is made by Reention which is kind of a open system and we do not have a great deal of control of it. If the bike cuts out over the bumps there maybe a momentary disconnection of the battery connector over bumps. On the RCS with the wide format case we make all of the interface parts so it is less likely to happen. On occasion we do have some customers report battery cut out over bumps, but usually replacing the interface part resolves the issue. In this case the issue still persist as reported so we will proceed with the best solutions available.

Our engineers want this bike back as soon as possible to try to replicate and understand the problem at a fundamental level rather than try to fix it as this is difficult to detect in QC.

Thanks everyone as well

I am new to this forum and received my Juiced CCS in late march. It was great for the first 3 weeks. But for a month now I've had a problem with the battery and LCD cutting out. Pressing it in harder doesn't solve the problem. The battery shuts down completely and would only restart by removing the battery and re-installing. Within 30 seconds of riding again, it would fail. i could recreate it easily by using the throttle by lifting the rear wheel. The battery now does not charge at all, so I cannot even continue to troubleshoot. The bike is completely unridable.

I've scoured this forum for solutions and workarounds and none have worked.

Support was responsive initially, offering to send new parts but has since gone completely dark, no replies to tickets, no answering the phone. I was a huge fan the first few weeks of ownership and recommending Juiced until this started and am now completely disappointed. Ignoring customers like this, no matter how busy filling new orders is exactly the wrong way to grow your business.

Address the service issues before selling any more bikes. Its not that hard. At this point the only recourse is the credit card company.

Unfortunately, your story is all to familiar. Hopefully, someone here can help you out.

I am new to this forum and received my Juiced CCS in late march. It was great for the first 3 weeks. But for a month now I've had a problem with the battery and LCD cutting out. Pressing it in harder doesn't solve the problem. The battery shuts down completely and would only restart by removing the battery and re-installing. Within 30 seconds of riding again, it would fail. i could recreate it easily by using the throttle by lifting the rear wheel. The battery now does not charge at all, so I cannot even continue to troubleshoot. The bike is completely unridable.

I've scoured this forum for solutions and workarounds and none have worked.

Support was responsive initially, offering to send new parts but has since gone completely dark, no replies to tickets, no answering the phone. I was a huge fan the first few weeks of ownership and recommending Juiced until this started and am now completely disappointed. Ignoring customers like this, no matter how busy filling new orders is exactly the wrong way to grow your business.

Address the service issues before selling any more bikes. Its not that hard. At this point the only recourse is the credit card company.
I am in the same boat - no response to emails, nobody that picks up when you call support or sales and no callback to the voice messages I left.

Provided these instances are confirmed, Juiced would be better off raising prices $50-100 and just massively upgrading its customer service and/or quality assurance. It would still be an incredible bargain compared to the competition, just less of a gamble.

My bike has not had any electrical issues, but it is concerning as my car stopped working since I got the bike, and waiting weeks for a solution is not viable.

You may want to crosspost your issues to the issues thread, so it's all in one place.

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ed-bikes-products-help-solutions-fixes.13163/

These reports are really beginning to concern me. Ive actually started looking at other ebikes again, even though I've been on the waiting list since late March. I can wait a long time for a bike that delivers what it promises, but if their service isn't great, I'm not sure this is the bike for me.

These reports are really beginning to concern me. Ive actually started looking at other ebikes again, even though I've been on the waiting list since late March. I can wait a long time for a bike that delivers what it promises, but if their service isn't great, I'm not sure this is the bike for me.
Remember to factor this into your decision: Thousands of Juiced Bikes have been sold with no problems. Most that had problems have had them resolved quickly and simply by Juiced. A small percentage have had the kind of problems that @Jtoberbauer and @SlowRider have had.

Percentages aren't always helpful, of course. If a 1% possibility of catastrophic failure is too great risk, then we don't do it. It's like gambling the rent money. You might win, but you absolutely can't afford to lose.

I've got to say, as much as I support Juiced Bikes, it might be foolish to introduce any new products before resolving the distribution and customer service issues.

Back