Turn signals

Suggestions please: turn signal to attach to Topeak rear rack
I'd look around on Amazon. There are some that look pretty good, but I agree with the other poster that standard arm signals are probably your best bet from a safety stand point. Even if I had signal lights I'd still use hand signals. This may be just me, but turn signal lights on a bike seem more gimmicky than practical. You have to worry, are they working, do drivers see them and know what they mean, and they are just something else with a battery to keep up with.

I ride with a bright red blinking tail light, and I tend to assume that cars behind me will hit me on purpose or by accident if they have the slightest excuse, so I ride defensively in traffic.

TT

I have a set of these Tail light with turn signals from Amazon, they come with a remote you can mount on the handlebar for easy access and they are rechargeable which is always a plus. You can loop the mount around anything that you can strap a band around, so its easy to find places to mount the lights. The lights themselves are pretty bright and can be seen during the day well, so they are 2x better at night. All in all they are a good buy if you are worried about safety while turning. I usually use these lights along with my hand signals.

Last edited:
I've DIY put some on my bike and they work fine. Just have to strap together a ton of 9vs to power them. Just need some batteries, a motorcycle relay at a parts store(or car blinker relay), some wiring, and you're set.

You could wire this up inside your controller box of your ebike; connecting it directly to your battery.

H2e8fb9eb6eec4daf812049bb042de706z.jpg

I used the switch and rear light on my ebike and love it. No need to recharge a separate battery.

If you don't like the front light you could connect a separate horn and light to the three wire light connector.

The rear light and switch could be found on Walmart for if you need it sooner

I am looking at a wired connection for my turn signals. I am looking at the amazon options for the wireless ones and most just seem cheap and unreliable and i ride about 10 miles on the road everyday and would love turn signals as close to a motorcycle as possible. I have a 30,000mAh battery back that i would love to run the power from, i use that to power my dash cam and it has 1 more usb slot and would love to connect the turn signals to it. Preferably front and back turn signals but if only rear can be done that is okay. That Aliexpress link looks like a decent option and i would just need to figure out how to hook it up to a battery pack. I do have usb on/off switch that i would like to use also. If anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them, the walmart links don't work.

I ordered 2 of the best selling wireless ones on Amazon for 15 each, so small investment and I have a rear view monitor so I can see the lights blinking off the road and will know if they are working or not. Will use them until I figure out a wired solution. I basically just want to flip a switch to turn them on or off and hooked up to a separate battery. I really wish hooking up motorcycle type lights and equipment could be easier for electric bikers.

The problem with most bike turn signal lights is that they only are visible from the back of the bike, not by people coming in an opposing direction.

THese mount on the handlbar ends so they are visible front and back.

I am going to start another thread on this, but if someone has any suggestions i am all ears.

My goal is to have headlights and turn signals, similar to a motorcycle, hooked up to a seperate battery than my bike's main battery. I have the front/rear camera that can be powered by USB cable or hooking up directly to a motorcycle battery. My goal is to purchase motorcycle equipment, hook it up to as small as a battery as possible, that can all be powered with one on/off switch.

Front and rear tailight
Rear Light
Head Light(low and high if possible, or just 1 single light)
front/rear camera, screen (i already own this)

on/off switch for all power
left/right turn signal switch

Battery
Battery Box

Back