Turbo Vado - Tyre blowout

Zailens

Hi,

My front tyre exploded off the rim 2 weeks ago. Must have been a fault from production, the bike has been ridden under 500 km.
After this I do not trust the stock tires on the bike.

Anyone have any suggestions for new ones to go for?

Exploded sounds dramatic.
I’m also looking for tires for a Vado. I want puncture protection.
I had after 2000km a puncture on my front tire on Vado 4.0. This puncture was slow. The tire, Trigger Sport 47mm, seemed a bit ”thin”. I’m really no tire expert but this tire seemes to me not as tough as it looks.
Would be interesting to hear what tires other Vado riders have choosen. The originals has decent rolling resistance.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was dramatic, happend in a corner in 25 mph, got hurt pretty bad. My LBS replaced my front wheel and tyre from a demo bike they had pluss the mount for the display. The rest of the bike was fine.

I'm getting either Schwalbe Marathon (47mm, 40 seems to thin) or Continental E.Contact (42 mm).

I got a slow puncture at around 500 miles. One of my coworkers has the Schwalbe Marathon Plus and he says he hasn't had a flat in 4 years. I'm going to go for it in the near future, I just don't want to deal with flats. The largest I am seeing is 700c x 45, will that work?

I got a slow puncture at around 500 miles. One of my coworkers has the Schwalbe Marathon Plus and he says he hasn't had a flat in 4 years. I'm going to go for it in the near future, I just don't want to deal with flats. The largest I am seeing is 700c x 45, will that work?
The Marathons are probably great.
I have Continental Travel Contact on my regular bike. Havent´t had a flat tire for 2 or 3 years.
Didn´t ride more than 2500km per year but still ok I think. as the Travel Contacts don´t have maximum protection.

Edit
The Marthon Plus sizes I find are 40 and 47mm for a 622 rim.

Last edited:
I thought the wear rate on the stock tyres was high. I swapped out to the marathon plus tyres and never looked back. Have done 4000km km on them and they still look new.

Guy I know had his Vado 3.0 tyre explode on first ride. If your tyre doesn't explode I suspect it will be just fine :)
In my experience Schwalbe Almotion is the finest tyre as long as you don't expect more than about 8000km lifespan for rear) or 12,000km for the front.

Back