Turbo Vado SL shop manual or exploded diagram available?

ckendall

Region
USA
Thus far I have been unable to find something more shop technically oriented than the Specialized owner manual provided with the bike. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get that. I would like to see more on the internal cable routing thru the battery and motor bottom bracket assembly as well as the wiring etc. TIA

Thanks I have seen that video. Before I do that, preferably I’d like a more detailed mechanical drawing and to see if there are specific cable channels in the down-tube or what? The sales manager said its “tricky” to get it all back in there but said there may be cable slack in there. I am considering lengthening my hydraulic cables and shortening the derailleur cable. Specialized did a shoddy job on cabling. Some were too short for much adjustment and the derailleur cable way too long. Another identical model we got previously was fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2004.jpeg
    IMG_2004.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 94
there are a lot of videos showing the removal of the SL batteries, and recommendations to stuff a bunch of bubble wrap or similar in the downtube if riding without the main battery (as people do when traveling / after shipping the bike on an airplane.)

i surmise there aren't cable channels or guides, or you probably wouldn't need to do that!

this is a levo but from what i've seen the motor, battery, downtube relationship are all very, very similar on creo, vado, and levo SL.
skip to around 9 min.

there are a lot of videos showing the removal of the SL batteries, and recommendations to stuff a bunch of bubble wrap or similar in the downtube if riding without the main battery (as people do when traveling / after shipping the bike on an airplane.)

i surmise there aren't cable channels or guides, or you probably wouldn't need to do that!

this is a levo but from what i've seen the motor, battery, downtube relationship are all very, very similar on creo, vado, and levo SL.
skip to around 9 min
Yep. Good point if stuffing is needed in the down tube to keep cables from rattling when the battery is removed. It its possible the rear hydraulic cable on my wife's Turbo Vado SL was not straight when the battery and motor were installed and is jammed. It makes no sense that the rear derailleur cable is so much longer than the rear brake cable…. Either way, Specialized was very sloppy on setting up this bike and won’t own up to it.

Yep. Good point if stuffing is needed in the down tube to keep cables from rattling when the battery is removed. It its possible the rear hydraulic cable on my wife's Turbo Vado SL was not straight when the battery and motor were installed and is jammed. It makes no sense that the rear derailleur cable is so much longer than the rear brake cable…. Either way, Specialized was very sloppy on setting up this bike and won’t own up to it.

Why don't you just return this bike? You are clearly very unhappy with it and it is occupying a whole lot of your time and brain-power.

Why don't you just return this bike? You are clearly very unhappy with it and it is occupying a whole lot of your time and brain-power.
Yes its frustrating and Specialized online orders doesn’t make returns easy if you can get them on the phone. Lots of stonewalling there, But maybe, if I can get another one from a local shop for a trip we are planning if not I will likely open this one up and DIY which is why I was asking questions. The other one we got previously was mostly fine other than spoke windup and need for a bit of wheel truing. Issue aside, its a good bike for the wife.

Last edited:
Back