Turbo Creo with SRAM etap

Gear

Region
USA
I would like to upgrade my Turbo Creo Evo with SRAM etap 12 speed and 46t chainring. Praxis is sending me the chainring and they say it will work with SRAM 12 speed. I know I will need to use the SRAM eagle version of the cassette, chain and derailleur. I am not sure if I will need a new freehub and am also wondering about the chain length.
Has any of you done this upgrade and can you give me some advise?

I bought the S-Works Creo, it came with SRAM Eagle installed. I did convert my Warroad from SRAM Force to Red/Eagle eTap AXS. The Force had an 11 speed cassette, so I didn’t need to change the hub for the 12 speed Eagle derailleur. What derailleur are you running now, how many gears on the cassette? If you’re running 10 gears or less you’ll need a new XD hub free body. XD and XDR (road) are needed for 11 or 12 speed cassettes and derailleurs.

I don’t know what kind of brakes/shifters you have, but you’ll need the AXS HRD brifters too. I think there are several AXS options now, but I don’t know if Rival is 12 speed compatible. You may need the Red AXS HRD brifters, which is what I put on the Warroad, and came installed on the S-Works Creo.

As to the chain length, watch the Park YouTube video on installing a new chain. They explain how to measure it.
OK, I should get the XD hub free body was the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

As for the chain, I was not worried about proper length on the install, my mechanic can handle that. I was worried that SRAM might not sell the eagle chain in a length long enough for the 46t chainring. The eagle versions are meant for mbt bikes and those don’t have chainrings that big. I guess I’ll just see what happens and deal with it if it isn’t long enough.

I want to use the new SRAM rival drop bar shifters along with the Force eagle derailleur, chain and cassette. I am doing this because I don’t like the Shimano GRX shifters and derailleur or the low gear ratio of the 11/42, the low gear of 10/46 would be more in my wheelhouse.

You actually don't need to change the driver body for 12-speed Eagle. Example: https://www.amazon.com/SRAM-PG-1230-Eagle-12-Speed-Cassette/dp/B07HL52PG7

You need the XD driver body to use any of the cassettes with 10-tooth cog. But if you're ok with an 11-tooth cog as your smallest, eg an 11-50 cassette, then you can leave keep the normal splined freehub body. Just make sure of which cassette you're buying: GX, X01, XX1 all use XD. But NX and SX use splined, not XD.

Last edited:
You actually don't need to change the driver body for 12-speed Eagle. Example: https://www.amazon.com/SRAM-PG-1230-Eagle-12-Speed-Cassette/dp/B07HL52PG7

You need the XD driver body to use any of the cassettes with 10-tooth cog. But if you're ok with an 11-tooth cog as your smallest, eg an 11-50 cassette, then you can leave keep the normal splined freehub body. Just make sure of which cassette you're buying: GX, X01, XX1 all use XD. But NX and SX use splined, not XD.
I am absolutely going to use a 10-50 cassette, the 10t gear is the main reason. Currently there is a Sunrace cassette on the bike and I thought it used a XD freehub body. I plan to use XX1 eagle. Does it use a different freehub body?

I am absolutely going to use a 10-50 cassette, the 10t gear is the main reason. Currently there is a Sunrace cassette on the bike and I thought it used a XD freehub body. I plan to use XX1 eagle. Does it use a different freehub body?
XX1 uses XD freehub body. If XD is what's on the bike now, you're good. If it's not XD, then you'll need to convert to XD.

I just wanted to clarify that Eagle doesn't automatically imply that XD is needed. Eagle with a 10-tooth smallest cog requires XD. Eagle with an 11-tooth smallest cog can use a normal spline free hub.

XX1 uses XD freehub body. If XD is what's on the bike now, you're good. If it's not XD, then you'll need to convert to XD.

I just wanted to clarify that Eagle doesn't automatically imply that XD is needed. Eagle with a 10-tooth smallest cog requires XD. Eagle with an 11-tooth smallest cog can use a normal spline free hub.
Thank you. I think I’m clear now. I’m waiting for a confirmation on the Rival shifters (just introduced) then will proceed with ordering other items.

Hi Gear.
Hows your Turbo Creo SRAM etap conversion progressing? Did you find suitable Rival shifters?
Thanks.
Gary

Hi Gear.
Hows your Turbo Creo SRAM etap conversion progressing? Did you find suitable Rival shifters?
Thanks.
Gary
Gary,
not yet, still looking for the shifters. Everything else’s I need is off the shelf. Loving the bike even if I’m mainly using the bottom half of the cassette.
Gary too

I ordered Sram Red Axs this week for my creo SL expert this week I pretty much ordered everything off the S-works Turbo creo Sl except the chain ring

Untitled-1.jpg

I ordered Sram Red Axs this week for my creo SL expert this week I pretty much ordered everything off the S-works Turbo creo Sl except the chain ring

View attachment 90065
Mike,
Is the Sram chainring compatible with the Praxis cranks?
I have chosen all the other components for my bike that you chose except the shift levers, I like the smaller size of the Rivals.
Gary

Mike,
Is the Sram chainring compatible with the Praxis cranks?
I have chosen all the other components for my bike that you chose except the shift levers, I like the smaller size of the Rivals.
Gary
I’m not sure , I dont Think it will matter since the sworks uses a 46T also

What is the MSRP for a full Rival eTap AXS groupset?​

is this the chain ring your order from praxis? I did shoot an email to praxis I will call them later just speed up the process

Praxis sold me a 46t chainring they said works with SRAM 12 speed. It is 110BCD part #46-7001.

I went through six pages of google search pages and got lucky I had to buy a a groupset, the only thing I don't need is the Rear Derailuer since I am using a eagle one

Last edited:
Back