Turbo Creo owners: is the Creo your only road bike, or do you feel you still love your analog bike(s)?

eddief

I am turning 70 this year and I am pretty darn good cycling shape; like 125 miles per week during good weather. I have a 2019 Di2 Roubaix that was the best bike ever...until I tested and bought my Creo. The Creo is so much fun and even without the motor, especially on the flats, it rides just like the Roubaix. I am thinking the Roubaix will mostly hang in the garage and the Creo will be the bike of choice nearly every time. What's your perspective?

I'll never let go of my XC. It's at the LBS right now getting new hydraulic disc brakes. It's just right for short hops around the neighborhood or taking the dog for a short run.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 1.16.49 PM.png

When I first got my Creo I rode it almost exclusively. But, after a couple of months I started to go mountain biking with my son again, and then I started riding my Cervelo again. Primarily when I'm riding in a group since I wasn't getting enough of a workout on the Creo. For solo rides I'll generally take the Creo, but my Cervelo is still seeing regular use and over the summer I probably rode my Cervelo just as much as the Creo.

Sold my analog road bike. Ride my Creo exclusively with and without battery power. It's easy to ride without pedal assist if I want a harder workout. I found myself feeling guilty not riding my analog bike. The Creo is too much fun.

I had trek madone and it was only 17 lbs or less- absolutely a fantastic bike. Now that I own creo Alum version, I sold off trek to offset some of high cost of Creo. I do see that Trek was a bit faster and of course lighter when compared with non-powered Creo. I do mostly use my Creo without any power if I am doing less than 12-15 miles and yes it gives bit more exercise than trek. Now the big advantage is that I can go on any road and not worry about it . In general I am happy with creo and on occasions I would miss my trek but i did not want to have 2 bikes in my garage - it would have been very difficult selecting one over the other when going for a ride :)

I cannot help noticing some of road-cyclists who bought Creo are still riding their analog machines.
Hardly happens to people who bought more powerful e-bikes to also ride their traditional bikes...

I’ve only had my Creo for a little over a week. I did not have a road bike. I rode a 2001 M4 Stumpjumper with commuter tires (1 1/8”). I’ve only ridden the Creo about 90Km over the week, but I would turn to this bike over the Stumpy on each ride. I even rode with my family where they drove their bikes to the start of the ride. I decided to ride there. (It also saved putting on the rack, since we just dumped the two other bikes into the minivan.) It was easy to jump on the bike with little prep work.

I would not have done this with the Stumpy. The ride back has an 80m climb over the last 1km. Which is not a lot for many but I am not a strong rider (yet).

Would I ride the stumpy, again? Maybe. But I took the Creo on fire trail twice this week and it rode pretty close the stumpy on those trails. Most of my suspension was me off the saddle during the quicker parts so it felt similar to the 2000-era bike. For the stuff I ride, I’d probably turn to the Creo.

This sounds dumb, but I like looking at the Creo more. I like the sparkly grip tape and carbon looking frame. FWIW, I’m at an age where the small little smiles are getting important for me. I’m mid-40’s and having fun is my priority. This includes looking at the bike and saying, “That looks neat”.

On this theme, did the last ride of summer yesterday with my ride companions and rode my Cervelo.

I'm going to be converting my Creo to more of a gravel setup. So road rides will be on my Cervelo and gravel will be on the Creo.

On this theme, did the last ride of summer yesterday with my ride companions and rode my Cervelo.

I'm going to be converting my Creo to more of a gravel setup. So road rides will be on my Cervelo and gravel will be on the Creo.
Smart move since the only difference between the Creo and Creo EVO gravel bike are handlebars, dropper post and tires; same frame, motor and drivetrain at the Comp Carbon level. I put on Pathfinder 2Bliss 700X42's on the stock rims tubeless and in my riding conditions the wider tire made a world of difference. The raised center tread makes it good for road too.

I cannot help noticing some of road-cyclists who bought Creo are still riding their analog machines.
Hardly happens to people who bought more powerful e-bikes to also ride their traditional bikes...
Do have a Giant Quick E+ since March, but find myself riding my analog Carbon Fiber bike more about 4:1. While the Giant eBike is fun, my body tends to take a beating as the the aluminum frame and lack of compliance transfers road imperfections directly to my body. With the Creo SL Comp Carbon arriving this week, things may change.

Last edited:
I think the heart of the Creo niche is for roadies who love to ride their analog bikes but are stoked by the idea of just the right amount of extra push the Creo provides. I rode 40 miles and climbed 1800 feet today and about 1/3 the time was no motor and 2/3 time was in eco. I was still pedaling hard and working hard but moving at about 1.5 to 2 mph faster than under my own power. Just like Specialized says = You, only faster. Of course I could have raised the mode to "sport" but that does not fit with my own riding group or my own idea of still getting out and raising heart rate and burning calories. I worked hard but somehow had more fun than in the olden days.

... I worked hard but somehow had more fun than in the olden days.

I think this sums it up for me. The one difference for me is that I have to navigate a hill back to my house and rather than stop and push as in my old bike, I just use the motor to assist me home. I am hoping as I collect more staminas I can modulate the power assist back. In short, rather than go out and be discouraged then not go out. I get to go out and have fun.

My other bikes are a CF Scott Metrix 10 and a vintage lugged Trek 970 with some recent upgrades. The Metrix is 10 lbs lighter than my Creo SL Exp and I continue to ride it on local roads and MUPs. As winter sets in, I’ll spend all of my time in the saddle of the 970 which is shod with studded tires. The Creo will subsequently spend that time hibernating in the basement.
IMG_20200519_1320010.jpg

IMG_20201026_1800423.jpg

Last edited:
Back