Ratso

Region
USA
Anybody having problems finding 4.20x20" tubes?

The Lectric website is currently out and I also verified it with their customer service. Does anyone know of anyone selling 4.20x20" fat tire bicycle tubes anywhere?
Amazon, eBay etc do not seem to have them either. Anyone know of any direct from China resources?
Thanks

Looks like they are out of stock too. Seems to be a wall of 4x20 tubes out of stock everywhere these days...

Just an FYI....basically all 20 inch tubes will work the same. It'll simply be a matter of having a slightly thinner or thicker tube wall. IMO, it's actually better to use a smaller tube like a 20x2.00" or anything smaller than a 20x4 because it will function exactly the same but with less rotating mass....lighter since the tube has less material. Tires also have a wide range of PSI's that are safe to use so if using a 20x2 tube in a 20x4.25 tire, you're simply using the tube at the upper end of the range of PSI's and since the tire limits how much the tube will expand, the tire is never pushed even close to it's safe limit.

Last edited:
Just an FYI....basically all 20 inch tubes will work the same. It'll simply be a matter of having a slightly thinner or thicker tube wall. IMO, it's actually better to use a smaller tube like a 20x2.00" or anything smaller than a 20x4 because it will function exactly the same but with less rotating mass....lighter since the tube has less material. Tires also have a wide range of PSI's that are safe to use so if using a 20x2 tube in a 20x4.25 tire, you're simply using the tube at the upper end of the range of PSI's and since the tire limits how much the tube will expand, the tire is never pushed even close to it's safe limit.

It is NOT better to use a 20x2 tube in a 20x4 tire, dont know where you are getting this info from.

It is NOT better to use a 20x2 tube in a 20x4 tire, dont know where you are getting this info from.

In my opinion it's better because it makes your wheels lighter without sacrificing reliability. You probably don't want to use a 16" tube on a 20" wheel, although it might work, but there's a reason why bicycle inner tube sizes are almost always displayed in ranges rather than exact numbers. For example "Bell 20-Inch Universal Inner Tube, Width Fit Range 1.75-Inch to 2.125-Inch." Manufacturers use conservative numbers but the fact that they use ranges to begin with proves the width doesn't have to be exact.

I went with a 2.4 tube in a 2.6 tire for almost a year before I went tubeless.
Worked fine, but to me tubeless is the schizzle.

Back