Tubeless Tire Slow Leak Question

This is what one looks like. Watch out I have had valve cores fly away due to the pressure. Just extract slowly to release some of the pressure.
1666730752657.jpeg

This is what one looks like. Watch out I have had valve cores fly away due to the pressure. Just extract slowly to release some of the pressure.

A lot of the time valve core tools are sold with spare cores. It's always a good idea to have a few in your kit

You learn to be careful after launching a valve core or two into the stratosphere. They aren't easy to find when that happens!

TT

Those valve core removers seemed to always be on the lam when I was buying them. No matter I bought one for every tool kit. Could never find them. For awhile now I have been buying core removers that are built into valve stem caps so there is always one on one tire of the bike, so when I need it, its always right there on the bike.

I have been using these since they were just about the only ones on the market. There are others now. But I still think I will stick with these for no other reason than the product name. I will deny this if anyone mentions it again.

What if you were just form Ukraine and given a kit with both? Minty fresh butt with shrunken gums? I would like to see the marketing meeting where the person came up with the Big Idea to put Hemorid cream in Tooth Paste tubes! That could be an SNL skit. My dad the scientist figured out how to make the family dog's breath fresh. He put toothpaste on the dogs spherical parts and it worked! Minty fresh after eating a woodchuck.

When my dogs are outdoors, they're in a pen or on a leash. No exceptions. Thus, no concern here regarding my dogs breath after eating a woodchuck....

When my dogs are outdoors, they're in a pen or on a leash. No exceptions. Thus, no concern here regarding my dogs breath after eating a woodchuck....
What about that ointment rubbing thing that M@ mentions? Not sure who is getting the most pleasure form that treatment. Surely the dog.

Both wasabi horseradish and (sometimes) Thai fish paste and a few other goodies from that part of the world come in tubes that look like toothpaste tubes. Back in the distant past they often were sold in metal tubes identical to those used for toothpaste. I had some roomies in university who were very surprised when they decided to try my "Japanese Toothpaste".

1666824777186.jpeg
1666824821641.jpeg
1666824950759.jpeg

That is anchovy paste on a pickle. Even a dog that will chew on a dead woodchuck wouldn't touch that. I wonder if that is how they apply anchovy paste to hemeroids for that fresh all day feeling.

If you have a swimming pool, you can use that instead of a tub. Another common culprit is a rim seam. You may find a bad weld creates one you didn't think existed. And a good tape job. If you didn't use good tape when setting it up, you could be losing some thru that. I always try to splurge on stuff like tape, and go oversized if I can (not enough to spread across the bead). Also just like pharmaceutical medications, if one dose is good, two is better. Add more sealant.
I do have a pool, and that is a very interesting idea if the valve core plan fails. I will remove the battery first, I think-- something I've never done.

If I follow your instructions, I know this would be the moment when our neighbors would be on their hilltop deck, and would surely see me putting my eBike in the pool, which would do nothing to enhance our reputation in the neighborhood.

Generally, we don't mind being thought of as the crazy people on our block... kind to animals and children, normal demeanor and attire during the work day, but shifty-eyed and unpredictable at most other times, particularly when startled, etc. If you saw either of us walking the dogs at night, you'd give us a wide berth-- it's kind of part of our home defense plan.

But there's a fine line. I wouldn't enjoy a visit from Adult Protective Services, particularly because I'd probably assume their IDs were fake, and they were impostors sent by foreign or domestic terrorists to surveil us.
If my decision is between massaging ointment into a dog's balls, and not letting him kiss me so his breath is less of an issue... hmmm... yeah I'm glad I bought a parrot.
Okay, it's been a rough week, and I REALLY needed that!

God, I love this forum. I mean, you can pretend to be mildly eccentric, but there is a level of full-on, hard-core weird that cannot be faked.

I never feel more at home than when I read comments like that. Been sitting at this stupid computer for over an hour now, and I finally think I'm ready to start the day.

And I do love birds. We adopted a parakeet that fell onto our car in downtown LA, and had a great four or five years with her. A wild dove also adopted us, and was in and out of our house-- and on our heads and shoulders-- for six months before he brought his mate, nested in our front yard, and raised two kids (fatality rate is high for young of that species here, but both of them made it.) After they learned to fly, he came by less frequently-- but when I knew he was leaving for good, I called him over and insisted on a proper good-bye, and he flew over, landed on my shoulder, stomped around on my head, pecked at my ear, and did all his wonderful, goofy behaviors for 15 minutes. Then flew away forever.

There was also a green-cheeked conure in the local reptile store where I buy turtle food who fell in love with me when I came in wearing my half-face reusable respirator. It was red, so I probably looked like a giant bird. Almost brought that one home with me.

You are probaly kidding, but if I understand what you said, NO!!, DON'T PUT YOUR WHOLE BIKE IN THE POOL! Take the wheel off and put enough of just the wheel in the pool to cover the bottom part of the tire and wheel. Slowly turn it until it makes it all the way around, looking for bubbles. You DO NOT even want to put the whole wheel in the pool, Water will get in the bearings and you'll have to clean and repack them.

The pool or bathtub is fine, but just get a spray bottle and fill it with soapy water!

TT

Back