Tubeless ST2?

KIOMON

So I got my first flat in years on my new ST2, and I was thinking of going tubeless. Has anyone else done it? If so any tips? I was going to go the Stan’s route, and use the DT Swiss Tubeless rim tape. Any issues or problems going tubeless?

I’ve thought about doing the same. Right now I have Schwalbe Marathon GT365 tires, Mr. Tuffy Brown tire liners, and slime pre-filled tubes. That’s a lot of weight and even though it protects fabulously from punctures I keep waiting for the inevitable pinch flat. I keep my tires inflated higher than I would like just to minimize movement of the tire liners and tubes.

So long answer to your short question: Nope. Haven’t done it yet. If you do go that route please report back with your experience.

Same here. Have some 1.80 inch slightly knobby tires. Thinking of converting to tubeless but looking for more info. Will be watching this thread.

Sooo did the full set up, rewrapped the rims with tubeless tape (DT Swiss) and changed the valve stems, mounted tire back on and I couldn’t get it to seat. I used an air compressor (don’t even attempt with a pump). The culprit, I think, is the fit of the tire. The stock tires just aren’t that tight on the rim, and even with using a compressor, there isn’t enough air volume to overcome the spacing.

This tire isn’t listed as tubeless ready, so it’s not a huge surprise. I did leave the tubeless rim tape installed, and I put back the stock rim liner to protect the tube. I patched my old tube (pin hole), and put it all back together, and put 30 miles on the bike no problem.

I think I am going to go the foam tire liner route (tannus) on the back wheel for protection. And then when this tire runs out, switch to something that’s tubeless ready and try again. I really really never want to have to change that rear tire on the road.

Sooo did the full set up, rewrapped the rims with tubeless tape (DT Swiss) and changed the valve stems, mounted tire back on and I couldn’t get it to seat. I used an air compressor (don’t even attempt with a pump). The culprit, I think, is the fit of the tire. The stock tires just aren’t that tight on the rim, and even with using a compressor, there isn’t enough air volume to overcome the spacing.

This tire isn’t listed as tubeless ready, so it’s not a huge surprise. I did leave the tubeless rim tape installed, and I put back the stock rim liner to protect the tube. I patched my old tube (pin hole), and put it all back together, and put 30 miles on the bike no problem.

I think I am going to go the foam tire liner route (tannus) on the back wheel for protection. And then when this tire runs out, switch to something that’s tubeless ready and try again. I really really never want to have to change that rear tire on the road.

Just a note on getting the tire to seat on a tubeless setup with a compressor.... make sure you remove the core from the valve stem. this allows much more air to be pushed into the tire at once.

good luck.

Back