Trying to decide between these 3

This is called spam. It's an unrelated post to the thread hawking your buddy's new brand of bikes. And 'remanded' is misspelled and has nothing to do with recommending a particular bike. You're not here for 'advice'. :rolleyes:
Sorry my mistake. thanks for your advice.

So, who's going to assemble and service your Juiced brand bike (or any other brand consumer direct bike)? Do you have somebody local that's agreed to work on one for you?

My point is, many shops look down on e-bikes in general, and many more will only work on one if you bought it from them. In your situation, I would want some assurance you'll have a dealer that will back your purchase BEFORE you buy it!

AHicks is Right On............

I test rode a pace 350 and 500. Between the two I'd probly take the 350, and buy a higher end mountain bike in addition. Like a Haibike with Yamaha mid-drive.

For any cheap bike you have to be able to MacGyver the thing together to keep it running - juiced or radpower or whatever flavor of the day. You are more or less on your own. The Aventon isn't a high-end bike, but surely works as built. Your warranty is only as good as your dealer.
If you buy a high-end bike from a LBS you can trust they'll keep it running for you. YMMV

There are a metric-ton of new startups in the ebike biz. Some will not be here tomorrow.

The hub drive bikes are very simple - power drives the hub. The mid-drive bikes with all the sensors are much more like actually riding the bike. We have both, and both work well, but the higher end yammer drive is much smoother and gets better range on less power - it only pulls when you pedal. There are pros and cons for both.

For a couple of hun more on your budget you can get a Giant or Yamaha mid-drive that is smooth as silk, or for five hun more a really nice Trek Verve. All of the higher-end mid-drives are very nice to ride. It's easier to find a really nice bike for a little more than to try to find the bottom of the market.

Go try them all and then decide. After a few years the difference in initial cost will be meaningless. And there are some really good end-of-season sales going on, a good chance to pickup a steal-deal - actually get more bike than you thought you could. 👍

I agree with just about all of your points made. I have had the same experience with hub-drives and mid-drives. The Yamaha motor is smooth as silk and gets you going up to speed in a heart beat, even in ECO mode. So well built, you feel the difference right away. I like to compare it to the feel you get when stepping out of a low end Toyota to a Porsche. With everything that goes into build quality and components, the differences are very apparent IMO!

Back