Trouble with OceanCurrent Setup - Front Wheel Doesn't Fit

JLofty

RESOLVED

Really had to torque the fork dropouts to get it into the axel pin. It's riding smooth though now. Sweet bike!

Attachments

• IMG_2292.JPG
    IMG_2292.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 525
  • IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 562
  • IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 553
  • IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 547
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 551
  • IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 545
Last edited:
If I understand your question and pictures, the axel cannot be seated in the fork dropouts ( the slot clearly seen in the 3rd Picture ) ? If I have
that correct the answer to your question is no, installing the front wheel should not be difficult at all.

It's case of holding the bike by the handle bar/stem with one hand, lifting up on the bar/stem placing the from wheel under the drop outs on the fork, while carefully aligning the disc brake rotor between the calipers while sliding the axel into place into the fork.

John from CT

There is a possibility that the fork is bent/out of alignment, but from looking at your pictures it appears to me that the brake itself is preventing you from installing the wheel. Try loosening the two bolts holding the brake caliper to the mounting bracket (not the two bolts holding the mounting bracket to the fork). If the hub slides into the dropouts easily, the only thing left to do is to realign the brake. Juiced has a video on YouTube on how to mount the caliper, although I don't think the instructions are too clear. Maybe this video from Art's Cyclery is a bit clearer.

Back