Trouble keeping my feet on the pedals

Cappy

As I said, I can’t keep my feet on the pedals due to severe neuropathy in my feet. I’ve ordered large pedals from Rock Brothers. What type of shoes would provide good grip to help me . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As I said, I can’t keep my feet on the pedals due to severe neuropathy in my feet. I’ve ordered large pedals from Rock Brothers. What type of shoes would provide good grip to help me . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
With the RockBros MTB pedals, the Adidas FiveTen Freerider Pro shoes keep your feet at the pedals as if they were glued to it. You have my word on that.

If you want to have a guaranteed hold of the feet on the pedals, buy the Shimano PD-M324 "clipless" pedals; the matching shoes are the Shimano MT 301. You install cleats that have come with the pedals in the shoe soles and then you clip in the shoes into the pedals on the ride. It requires some practice but the "clipless" solution (the shoe clipped in the pedal) guarantees your feet will be held by the pedals totally until you jerk your heels outwards, inwards or upwards to release the shoe.

1591252872012.png

Shimano PD-M324 pedal with the Shimano MT 301 shoe clipped in. The PD-M324 can be set for the minimum shoe release force and are one of few pedals allowing shoe release by outward, inward or upward heel movement, making them very safe.

1591253163411.png

The sole of the Adidas FiveTen Freerider Pro shoes have been made from special rubber that is soft above 50 F and holds to a flat pedal firmly.

1591253411784.png

RockBros MTB Large flat pedals are very similar to the Crank Brothers Stamp (1 or 7) Large ones. These pedals with the Adidas 510 shoes make a combination almost as firm at the clipless pedals/shoes.

Last edited:
I went with Shimano's click'r pedal system because my SCI makes the motion of clipping in and out a little harder and I wanted something with a bit more give. I've really enjoyed them.

Thanks for all your input trying to solve my issues. I finally received my large pedals from Rockbrothers and different shoes and all is good. Did 30 miles of trails in the Lansboro area in SE Minnesota yesterday with no problems!
Thanks again
Cappy

plarform pedals of some kind. I have same problem, froze my feet one winter. If you´re tall,
you might want to look into pedal extenders.

I have a similar problem due to Parkinson’s disease. I use toe clips and straps without the straps. Just the nylon clips attached to the pedals.

Back