Trike short list and why...

Yes, so far electrictrike.com appears to be #1 in the running. And thanks also for the tip about the potential sale.

Next I want to find out if a higher a/h battery is or will be available, how "universal" are replacements and for what price.

I noticed on shipping that electrictrike.com ship it on a pallet (I guess fully assembled) and the entire shipping weight is 190 pounds and they indicate that it is liftgate only and it will not be delivered inside the home, just dropped off. Both of my Addmotor trikes were delivered inside my garage where I wanted it with no problems. The first time it was a fedex driver and the second was an unknown company but still no problem delivering it inside my garage. Both trikes were delivered in perfect shape with some assembly (45 minutes to an hour). Of course, if it is fully assembled you can just tear down the box, cut the cords holding it to the pallet and ride it off into your garage and then dispose of the pallet and box.

The unique parts are going to be the controller and the battery which are both made by EBT. I'm not sure about the display but they may very well make it but it is a critical part of the trike. The motor is Bafang and the derailleur and other parts are common parts (Shimano, Tektro etc). They don't indicate if they offer a higher amp battery.

Last edited:
I noticed on shipping that electrictrike.com ship it on a pallet (I guess fully assembled) and the entire shipping weight is 190 pounds and they indicate that it is liftgate only and it will not be delivered inside the home, just dropped off. Both of my Addmotor trikes were delivered inside my garage where I wanted it with no problems. The first time it was a fedex driver and the second was an unknown company but still no problem delivering it inside my garage. Both trikes were delivered in perfect shape with some assembly (45 minutes to an hour). Of course, if it is fully assembled you can just tear down the box, cut the cords holding it to the pallet and ride it off into your garage and then dispose of the pallet and box.

The unique parts are going to be the controller and the battery which are both made by EBT. I'm not sure about the display but they may very well make it but it is a critical part of the trike. The motor is Bafang and the derailleur and other parts are common parts (Shimano, Tektro etc). They don't indicate if they offer a higher amp battery.
Delivery to the bottom of my driveway should not be a problem at my location.

Does anyone have an idea of the cost and best source for a replacement battery - a higher amp/hour or otherwise - that fits?

Then there is the Electric Fat Delta by electrictrike.com.
https://www.electrictrike.com/collections/electric-trikes/products/electric-fat-delta
This is a semi-recumbent version of their more upright/traditional fat trike with these differences:

* $500 more
* 500 watt motor instead of 750 watt
* slightly lower top speed - 22 mph
* larger capacity battery - ~17 vs ~11 a/hr
* integrated auto-on head and tail lights
* dual rear brakes
* backrest on seat
* no suspension fork or seat

What I have NOT found out yet is whether the brakes are lockable for parking and if they have a motor cutoff. Those features weren't mentioned in the description.

Last edited:
Then there is the Electric Fat Delta by electrictrike.com.
https://www.electrictrike.com/collections/electric-trikes/products/electric-fat-delta
This is a semi-recumbent version of their more upright/traditional fat trike with these differences:

* $500 more
* 500 watt motor instead of 750 watt
* slightly lower top speed - 22 mph
* larger capacity battery - ~17 vs ~11 a/hr
* integrated auto-on head and tail lights
* dual rear brakes
* backrest on seat
* no suspension fork or seat

What I have NOT found out yet is whether the brakes are lockable for parking and if they have a motor cutoff. Those features weren't mentioned in the description.

Gfmucci
Thanks for sharing. This must have just come out. It is virtually identical to Addmotor's M-360, even the coloring although you can opt for a red, orange and white M-360 as well. The picture below is the Addmotor M-360 I put together a couple weeks ago. I took the picture in the shade (covered by oaks) in my driveway so the coloring is a little darker than it is but it is virtually the same trike. Addmotor liked the picture so much they added to their website page because of the basket I added in the back: https://www.addmotor.com/shop/m-360 The electric fat delta has a 17.5ah battery rather than Addmotor's 14.5ah battery. The addmotor doesn't have the parking lock and I would presume the electric fat delta does but they don't say, so maybe not. The Addmotor came with great turning signals, a second loud electric horn, hi and low beams on the front light etc all hooked to the battery and controlled on the handlebar which they don't even mention in their ads. The Addmotor M-360 now costs $2999 but free shipping. The price I paid for the M-360 when they first came out as crowdfunding was only $1599 with free shipping so there is really no comparison for me. The electric fat trike is on sale at $2598 rather than $2998 with $250 shipping.
Dave

Attachments

• 004A.jpg
    004A.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
I'm wondering how the ride comfort and stability of this semi recumbent compares with the traditional upright with suspension and larger front wheel.

I'm wondering how the ride comfort and stability of this semi recumbent compares with the traditional upright with suspension and larger front wheel.

I've already put over 100 miles on it and it is a different ride than the M-330 but I haven't ridden the ones with a 24 inch front tire and have stayed away from it simply because it takes me off the ground more. I like staying closer to the ground. They are both comfortable and the M-360 does well with a steel front fork rather than adding suspension since that would probably weaken the front fork the way it is designed.

Near Moscow, wA. All sales must be in person.

Grab a truck and go pick up that e-trike. Sounds like a dandy BUT think about this: The battery placement. I guess they couldn't build it into the frame. Also, for me it is 24 inches and the frame material is all steel. Might be quite heavy and may rust easily so will need all the mods and a lot of upkeep. Otherwise it is a dream.

Last edited:
You first. Not interested. But my experience with steel bikes is they last a lot longer without rusting than I would last.

So, assuming electrictrike.com is my dealer of choice for a fat trike, I have 2 good options:

1) Upright, with single rear wheel brake, parking brake, fork and seat suspension, motor cutoff, 24" front wheel, drybag in basket, single self-powered light (headlight), 750 watt motor and 11 a/h battery. $2,000 plus $250 shipping fully assembled.

2) Semi recumbent, dual rear brakes, no parking brake, no suspension, motor cutoff, 20" front wheel, no drybag, a fully-integrated front and rear lighting system, 500 watt motor and 17 a/h battery. $2,500 plus $250 shipping fully assembled.

I suspect the $500 difference is due to greater bulk, a couple hundred more for the larger battery, and a few bucks for the lighting system and dual rear brakes.

The semi-recumbent is said to be more stable than the upright, but is several inches longer. I have requested the total length and seat height for both trikes which probably represents the biggest reasons for differences in stability.

Which of the two would you feel is the best trike for the money? "Best" for me is defined as safety, convenience, usable power, ease of use, and appearance.

That trike looks seriously uncomfortable (the one from amazon). I have had 3 tadpole trikes and loved them. They have quite a bit of cargo capacity because in addition to a rack and panniers you can put a bag on the back of the seat. The downside to them is that you have too get down low which I can no longer do. They are much more stable at speed, especially turning and much more comfortable.

So, assuming electrictrike.com is my dealer of choice for a fat trike, I have 2 good options:

1) Upright, with single rear wheel brake, parking brake, fork and seat suspension, motor cutoff, 24" front wheel, drybag in basket, single self-powered light (headlight), 750 watt motor and 11 a/h battery. $2,000 plus $250 shipping fully assembled.

2) Semi recumbent, dual rear brakes, no parking brake, no suspension, motor cutoff, 20" front wheel, no drybag, a fully-integrated front and rear lighting system, 500 watt motor and 17 a/h battery. $2,500 plus $250 shipping fully assembled.

I suspect the $500 difference is due to greater bulk, a couple hundred more for the larger battery, and a few bucks for the lighting system and dual rear brakes.

The semi-recumbent is said to be more stable than the upright, but is several inches longer. I have requested the total length and seat height for both trikes which probably represents the biggest reasons for differences in stability.

Which of the two would you feel is the best trike for the money? "Best" for me is defined as safety, convenience, usable power, ease of use, and appearance.

Wow...as you may well know I like the Addmotor M-330 the best of any (I have over 1500 miles on it) and I have the M-360 (almost 200 miles on it---and also a great choice) also which compares considerably with the electrictrike "semi recumbent". I think, considering your height, the upright would be the best for you from electrictrike. Otherwise, I think you might enjoy the semi-recumbent better.

"...best for me" versus "...might enjoy better". This requires some explanation. Otherwise it presents an eternal conundrum.

"...best for me" versus "...might enjoy better". This requires some explanation. Otherwise it presents an eternal conundrum.

Good point. We don't want an eternal conundrum whizzing around above our heads. The upright would be more practical for you to ride considering your height and this is in comparison to the semi-recumbent which would require more leg length to reach the pedal and properly pedal. I mentioned in another post that Addmotor called me before shipping the M-360 asking me my height and weight. I thought that was a good gesture since they wanted to make sure I had the leg length to pedal it. At 5'10" I can see that someone a few inches shorter may have some problems fully pedaling the semi-recumbent M-360 or in your case the semi-recumbent sold by electrictrike. Let me clarify something at this juncture regarding my assumptions: I know you are 73 y/o and 190 pounds but I also thought you indicated that you were 5' 7" tall. If that assumption is incorrect then my conclusions will need to be changed.

Regarding the semi-recumbent where I indicated that you "might enjoy better" than the upright. At this point to conserve mileage on the M-330 I am primarily riding the M-360 and it is a unique trike compared to the M-330 and it takes some getting used to. Just as I did with the M-330, in the beginning, I'll be making some minor adjustments to the M-360 to increase my riding pleasure so to speak. However, if you are 5'7" then you wouldn't have the opportunity to make any comparison between electrictrike's upright and its semi-recumbent to determine which you might enjoy better. The key word here is "might" since I don't think you would be able to make that comparison.

My etrike of choice is the M-330 since I have no interest in a 24" front tire. Of course, I have not ridden an etrike with a 24" front tire but just based on my desire to have a low center of gravity when riding an etrike I have not had any interest in an upright with that high of a front tire. After having fallen several times with a 26" inch regular bike I prefer a lower wheel base. After I purchased the LibertyTrike with 16 inch wheels I enjoyed being lower to the ground making getting on and off easier since I have lower extremity neuropathy. At 20" both the M-330 and M-360 are easier to mount and so I don't recommend at least for myself any etrike with a wheel based higher than 20".

That releases me from my eternal conundrum. Thanks!

Electrictrike.com requires body measurement from a reclined butt position at a 60 degree angle for a semi-recumbent as opposed to inseam measurement for an upright. I'll have to give those folks a call tomorrow to get a better impression of a "best fit."

How much greater is the length of your 360 compared to the 330?

That releases me from my eternal conundrum. Thanks!

Electrictrike.com requires body measurement from a reclined butt position at a 60 degree angle for a semi-recumbent as opposed to inseam measurement for an upright. I'll have to give those folks a call tomorrow to get a better impression of a "best fit."

How much greater is the length of your 360 compared to the 330?

It's about 6-7 inches longer. It's about 77 inches long.

That is a good idea...calling them which is something hard to do with Addmotor.

RE: Mountain Trike:

I studied their web site, I emailed them listing what features I would like and asked for a price. I was emailed back in a few minutes saying that they could do "most" of what I was looking for but I should look at their videos - again. I wrote back saying I reviewed their videos and asked them to spec out a trike with as many features on my list as they can do. They emailed me back saying they don't want to do business with me.

Wow! Just wow!

RE: Mountain Trike:

I studied their web site, I emailed them listing what features I would like and asked for a price. I was emailed back in a few minutes saying that they could do "most" of what I was looking for but I should look at their videos - again. I wrote back saying I reviewed their videos and asked them to spec out a trike with as many features on my list as they can do. They emailed me back saying they don't want to do business with me.

Wow! Just wow!

Mike also told you about the all steel etrike. Where does he come up with this stuff? :cool:

I don't know what great things their videos tell you anyway. It looks to me like their motor has a lot of wattage but they are gearless which is a non-starter for me because of the additional weight they bring. Why don't you call them up and indicate that there must be some misunderstanding? Or onto the next trike store---->

BTW---electrictrike is coming out with something BIG: https://www.facebook.com/libertytri...zl5nA9_6q-Ks8A8zTtFDZij2tF8wiWY&__tn__=EEHH-R

Maybe it's their new mid-drive but at $3500 it's going to be a small niche: https://www.electrictrike.com/collections/electric-trikes/products/electric-mid-drive-fat-trike

Last edited:
Mike also told you about the all steel etrike. Where does he come up with this stuff? :cool:

I don't know what great things their videos tell you anyway. It looks to me like their motor has a lot of wattage but they are gearless which is a non-starter for me because of the additional weight they bring. Why don't you call them up and indicate that there must be some misunderstanding? Or onto the next trike store---->

BTW---electrictrike is coming out with something BIG: https://www.facebook.com/libertytrike/photos/gm.605703616595309/1333493196790217/?type=3&eid=ARDJHIRHxZ0sbgNAqleIQ8QobuUdM9UsHhC_GFS5xzFEIDHTYXdGJzbW4GozIvYRXY-eng2RMTK1E7i-&__xts__[0]=68.ARDUvg_vdlXhqbSsXLyjkSJyCXC8RJkHY1FekX5F2TxRKVBNsRfcol9HB5SaEKjFQsozie-LTW16UUzT0SvLa5iOORGF3iKJJ3-BdRe0oAEjkDMLIzqzUdR2eUp-8SWVNk5rpKSoE3zcz7N2j6tG6wuIApGT7JnaNLSqdiGreEij4Ufz6sI5pQTM4l3TQ4OgWOxXsKM1aBzAg1KKOmIsAOLfd3c-JCos0MAOThBu0rquD5xrHAKQy6XBeW0KhERAKD_d0BN859PCUTLMg6kHvELRYBZ_zq7Rdf_Xz0UgTqua4MlBddjCcpQhzl5nA9_6q-Ks8A8zTtFDZij2tF8wiWY&__tn__=EEHH-R

Maybe it's their new mid-drive but at $3500 it's going to be a small niche: https://www.electrictrike.com/collections/electric-trikes/products/electric-mid-drive-fat-trike
I'm not going to beg to buy something. Imagine what it would be like trying to get any customer service. It is on to the next trike store.

In fact, I'm taking another look at Mobility4Less. I'm learning they're not any worse communicators than any others I've recently contacted. And their trikes have all I'm looking for for less money.

Back