Trike short list and why...

Addmotor sales practices so far have been just as sketchy as Screwed4Less.

They charged my card 2 days ago and they STILL have not shipped. If there is no evidence of shipping by this time tomorrow, the transaction will be cancelled. They keep coming up with excuses, like " we need you to confirm your phone number, we need you to confirm your email address, etc. etc. All of that was provided when I placed the order.

Don't reputable companies not charge the card until the item is shipped?

Addmotor sales practices so far have been just as sketchy as Screwed4Less.

They charged my card 2 days ago and they STILL have not shipped. If there is no evidence of shipping by this time tomorrow, the transaction will be cancelled. They keep coming up with excuses, like " we need you to confirm your phone number, we need you to confirm your email address, etc. etc. All of that was provided when I placed the order.

Don't reputable companies not charge the card until the item is shipped?

I never had a problem with them. When they shipped they charged the card. If they charged your card they are shipping. That was true for both etrikes (m-330 and m-360). They did ask to confirm my address and phone number just before they shipped which was fine with me. I know you're anxious about receiving the etrike but today is only Tuesday and they are on Pacific time. Based on my experience you'll receive an email indicating they shipped today or tomorrow. They have no interest in holding on to these etrikes and they should already have been checked.

I never had a problem with them. When they shipped they charged the card. If they charged your card they are shipping. That was true for both etrikes (m-330 and m-360). They did ask to confirm my address and phone number just before they shipped which was fine with me. I know you're anxious about receiving the etrike but today is only Tuesday and they are on Pacific time. Based on my experience you'll receive an email indicating they shipped today or tomorrow. They have no interest in holding on to these etrikes and they should already have been checked.

LET ME ADD THIS: IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOU BETTER DO IT NOW BECAUSE FOR ALL INTENTS and PURPOSES IT IS SHIPPED...and you may not be able to stop it. I would suspect that it will be in Florida by Friday (Orlando/Tampa etc depending on what freight company they use) and if earlier then maybe at your house by then. It doesn't take long hauling it across the country. I didn't receive the LibertyTrike from Pennsylvania any faster than the Addmotor etrikes. Addmotor sells a lot of etrikes so they are not waiting with bated breath for someone to buy one.. You are in the shipping queue.

Last edited:
Yes, delivery due Tuesday. And yes, I purchased 6 hours prior to end of sale.
Well, I received the M360 early this afternoon. Here are my observatuons:

Delivery: The Roadrunner truck driver brought the very large box into my garage.

The box: As expected, large, more unwieldy than heavy. The seat mount post was sticking up through 3 layers of heavy cardboard. I took photos in case there was damage. There was none.

Assembly:

Front wheel: Tricky to align the flat of the axle to the fork. Some jiggling until it set in place helped, as did a large pliers to turn the axle a degree or so to help align into the slot.

Handlebar/stem: This was the trickiest part for me. I kept seeing the bearing race until I lifted the frame to assure the assembly fell into place. If there is any play in the handlebars, the stem is not fully seated. I found alignment a bit tricky. It helped to stand over the front wheel facing the back of the trike, holding the front wheel and handlebar in alignment while tightening the works with the Allen wrench. The part I'm still not sure of is the alignment of the folding clamp. Mine is aligned about 45 degrees to the left front. Not sure if there is an adjustment for it to be squared in front so the handlebars fold straight back.

Fender/light/horn: I had to look at photos to check if long side of fender is in front or behind the fork. It looks good either way. But only the short side in front allows the headlight to shine on the road.

All the rest of the installation was routine. Overall a bit over 2 hours - and I'm still unpacking from our move, so I couldn't find my little ratchet sets yet.

Fit: I moved the seat all the way forward - one more notch from the way it came. Perfect. Anyone much shorter than 5'6" or 5'7" will have uncomfortable leg extension.

Test ride impressions:

First thought: "I'm sure going to wear out the front tire fast." Take offs require a very light touch. I don't know if the electronics has settings to modify the power curve, but a more gradual curve would be nice. I'm glad my 190# were positioned 2" further forward to put a few more pounds on the front wheel.

Second impression: Zippy. Top speed for me was 20 mph, motor only. Not sure if that can be increased with pedal assist or if there is a console adjustment to enable faster speeds.
[Yes, there is a console setting that allows speeds up to 25 mph or limit speeds down to 12 mph.]

Third impression: Stabilty was really pretty decent. It was no problem doing inside turns at 10 mph. Much faster and leaning into the curve will help. I'll practice turning on 2 wheels later?.

I would like to find a way to install a front basket.

More later.

Last edited:
Well, I received the M360 early this afternoon. Here are my observatuons:

Delivery: The Roadrunner truck driver brought the very large box into my garage.

The box: As expected, large, more unwieldy than heavy. The seat mount post was sticking up through 3 layers of heavy cardboard. I took photos in case there was damage. There was none.

Assembly:

Front wheel: Tricky to align the flat of the axle to the fork. Some jiggling until it set in place helped, as did a large pliers to turn the axle a degree or so to help align into the slot.

Handlebar/stem: This was the trickiest part for me. I kept seeing the bearing race until I lifted the frame to assure the assembly fell into place. If there is any play in the handlebars, the stem is not fully seated. I found alignment a bit tricky. It helped to stand over the front wheel facing the back of the trike, holding the front wheel and handlebar in alignment while tightening the works with the Allen wrench. The part I'm still not sure of is the alignment of the folding clamp. Mine is aligned about 45 degrees to the left front. Not sure if there is an adjustment for it to be squared in front so the handlebars fold straight back.

Fender/light/horn: I had to look at photos to check if long side of fender is in front or behind the fork. It looks good either way. But only the short side in front allows the headlight to shine on the road.

All the rest of the installation was routine. Overall a bit over 2 hours - and I'm still unpacking from our move, so I couldn't find my little ratchet sets yet.

Fit: I moved the seat all the way forward - one more notch from the way it came. Perfect. Anyone much shorter than 5'6" or 5'7" will have uncomfortable leg extension.

Test ride impressions:

First thought: "I'm sure going to wear out the front tire fast." Take offs require a very light touch. I don't know if the electronics has settings to modify the power curve, but a more gradual curve would be nice. I'm glad my 190# were positioned 2" further forward to put a few more pounds on the front wheel.

Second impression: Zippy. Top speed for me was 20 mph, motor only. Not sure if that can be increased with pedal assist or if there is a console adjustment to enable faster speeds.
[Yes, there is a console setting that allows speeds up to 25 mph or limit speeds down to 12 mph.]

Third impression: Stabilty was really pretty decent. It was no problem doing inside turns at 10 mph. Much faster and leaning into the curve will help. I'll practice turning on 2 wheels later?.

I would like to find a way to install a front basket.

More later.
David..

What was the source of your basket insert? Did you have to modify it?

By the way, the "cool factor" for this trike is off the charts. I get a conversation or thumbs up from whoever I pass.

Glad that all the research paid off and you have many years of enjoyment. I did not help much but others that did love to see pictures.

David..

What was the source of your basket insert? Did you have to modify it?

By the way, the "cool factor" for this trike is off the charts. I get a conversation or thumbs up from whoever I pass.

Glad you purchased it before they dropped the discount!!!!!

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I never received an email indicating that you responded on this post for some reason. I thought you had just given up. Anyway, I finally decided to look to see if you posted somewhere else but here you are. My basket insert: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075QX6WSJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It fits fine but it is hard plastic...also don't forget the cargo net: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6JKH2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW...here is a recent "360" video of me riding the M-360 on the beach (I added music) which means you can use your mouse to look up, down, left, right etc etc.(for some reason it seems to start out looking at the back so you have to adjust it to look at the beach) just don't keep staring at the girls in bikins:cool: (I hope that is not considered a sexist remark---not intended --- just life on the beach) If you noticed I didn't have any problem plowing through the soft sand to get onto (or off of) the hard sand on the beach---go full screen for the full experience although even though I captured it in 4k once it is uploaded to youtube you lose some of the clarity---in a way that is positive because no one's face is distinguishable:

It definitely has the cool factor...it's a riot to ride. Thanks for your description...yes they used roadrunner for me as well....
Hey, excited you have one...keep posting....

Last edited:
Glad you purchased it before they dropped the discount!!!!!

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I never received an email indicating that you responded on this post for some reason. I thought you had just given up. Anyway, I finally decided to look to see if you posted somewhere else but here you are. My basket insert: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075QX6WSJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It fits fine but it is hard plastic...also don't forget the cargo net: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6JKH2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW...here is a recent "360" video of me riding the M-360 on the beach (I added music) which means you can use your mouse to look up, down, left, right etc etc.(for some reason it seems to start out looking at the back so you have to adjust it to look at the beach) just don't keep staring at the girls in bikins:cool: (I hope that is not considered a sexist remark---not intended --- just life on the beach) If you noticed I didn't have any problem plowing through the soft sand to get onto (or off of) the hard sand on the beach---go full screen for the full experience although even though I captured it in 4k once it is uploaded to youtube you lose some of the clarity---in a way that is positive because no one's face is distinguishable:

It definitely has the cool factor...it's a riot to ride. Thanks for your description...yes they used roadrunner for me as well....
Hey, excited you have one...keep posting....
Neat video and riding venue.

There is one issue I have with the trike. I'm not sure if it is typical/normal or something amiss. But despite the steering stem appearing to be fully seated, there is front to back play in it. This is particularly evident when braking the front wheel - the top of the stem (handlebars) move forward when braking. If it is a stem seating issue, I'm not sure how to correct t it.

Neat video and riding venue.

There is one issue I have with the trike. I'm not sure if it is typical/normal or something amiss. But despite the steering stem appearing to be fully seated, there is front to back play in it. This is particularly evident when braking the front wheel - the top of the stem (handlebars) move forward when braking. If it is a stem seating issue, I'm not sure how to correct t it.

If you are talking about where the front fork meets the stem (linked to the handlebars) then we are on the same page. When I received the M-360 there were a couple loose black circular parts in the box which I fit into the stem and it seemed to work okay except I could never get the bar along the stem tight enough and it would come apart at times. I occasionally had the same problem you mentioned where there was movement (or play as you said) at the intersection between the front fork and the stem whenever I went over a bump or sometimes braked. I emailed Addmotor about it and they sent me some videos and pictures and I reseated the stem with the front fork and the bar is now tightly against the stem (which they indicated is absolutely necessary). It seems much better but because of rain I haven't taken it out to thoroughly test it although maybe I'll do that this morning if the rain holds off. If not today then tomorrow but I'll let you know what I discover and I'll send you a couple of the videos from addmotor if you want. I have always found Addmotor very responsive...next day (they seem to be on china time)...whenever I asked a question.

BTW...it is not difficult to reseat.

Last edited:
Thanks. I just sent Addmotor the same blurb I posted. I expect to hear from them Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, yes, I will take you up on your offer. It's best to correct this sooner than later.

Thanks. I just sent Addmotor the same blurb I posted. I expect to hear from them Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, yes, I will take you up on your offer. It's best to correct this sooner than later.

I did an hour ride today and went over bumps and stopped etc. So far everything is working great...no displacement or movement of the front fork and stem.

You'll somehow need to send me your email and I'll forward the videos (F-3 and IV) since I can't upload the videos because of their extensions on this forum.

Here is their message and the images I can upload (the instructional video is very helpful...at least to me):

Please check the attachment.
F-1: It's a screenshot of your video. At this moment, the folding clamp is still not fastened. You still need to tighten it hard.
F-2: When the folding clamp is fastened, it should be like this.
F-3: Please refer to this video to fasten the folding clamp.

The loose black circular rings both need to put back on the head tube. We sent you photos and video to describe how to do this.
D: The headset contains these components. Some are already fixed in the bike and some are flexible. We have shown the installation order on the picture.
IV: It is the instruction video.
A-1: Please note that the No.1 ring may already installed.
A-2: Please note that the No.4&5 rings may already installed in the head tube.
R: Please pay attention to the direction in which the bearing is placed)
(When inserting the front fork into the head tube, please make sure the front fork and the head tube are connected well. Please pay attention to the video.)

Attachments

• D.jpg
    D.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 580
  • R - Copy.png
    R - Copy.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 597
  • A-1 - Copy.png
    A-1 - Copy.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 617
  • A-2 - Copy.png
    A-2 - Copy.png
    502 KB · Views: 598
  • F-1.png
    F-1.png
    1 MB · Views: 604
  • F-2.png
    F-2.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 620
I did an hour ride today and went over bumps and stopped etc. So far everything is working great...no displacement or movement of the front fork and stem.

You'll somehow need to send me your email and I'll forward the videos (F-3 and IV) since I can't upload the videos because of their extensions on this forum.

Here is their message and the images I can upload (the instructional video is very helpful...at least to me):

Please check the attachment.
F-1: It's a screenshot of your video. At this moment, the folding clamp is still not fastened. You still need to tighten it hard.
F-2: When the folding clamp is fastened, it should be like this.
F-3: Please refer to this video to fasten the folding clamp.

The loose black circular rings both need to put back on the head tube. We sent you photos and video to describe how to do this.
D: The headset contains these components. Some are already fixed in the bike and some are flexible. We have shown the installation order on the picture.
IV: It is the instruction video.
A-1: Please note that the No.1 ring may already installed.
A-2: Please note that the No.4&5 rings may already installed in the head tube.
R: Please pay attention to the direction in which the bearing is placed)
(When inserting the front fork into the head tube, please make sure the front fork and the head tube are connected well. Please pay attention to the video.)
Got reply from Addmotor. Descriptive words in English are not enough for them. Words like "loose fork", "how to eliminate wobble on front fork/handlebar assembly." They request a video that doesn't show the problem as well as words describe. Perhaps Addmotor techs are English as second language folks who need pictures to understand problems? I am beginning to have 2nd thoughts about source of trike. Sure Addmotor responds. But there is a 4 to 6 day cycle between question and answer. Day 1, my question. Day 3, Addmotor request for video. I provide video. Day 5, I possibly receive stock response to difficult to fix problem.

We'll see.

I haven't had a problem communicating with them nearly a year now and since it appears they are responding from China I send a question during the day ET and they respond during the night CST (China standard time) (they are 12 hours ahead of us) and I get the answer the next morning. Right now in China it is 4:30am CST Tuesday 7/9 and it is 4:30pm ET 7/8 in Florida. Of course if a question is sent Friday at 4pm that means they will receive it Saturday at 4:30am and it won't be answered until Sunday CST which will be Monday morning when I receive it ET. That is why you received your answer today.

Requesting a video is common practice from these companies including EBT stationed in PA and they can be reached by telephone. They are still going to request a video. I know because I had to send several videos to EBT showing them the problem I was having with the Liberty Trike. I automatically (because I know how these companies work) sent AM a couple videos and pictures about this stem/fork problem and they responded with videos and pictures to fix the problem. I never had any issues with the M-330 so I never had to ask them a problem question. I think any company would ask for a video regarding a "wobble" question but Addmotor is going to respond to your specific question after you provide a video. Even though I asked a similar question of them they are not going to send you the video they made for me. They will send a video just for your problem. These guys are pretty sharp.

I haven't had a problem communicating with them nearly a year now and since it appears they are responding from China I send a question during the day ET and they respond during the night CST (China standard time) (they are 12 hours ahead of us) and I get the answer the next morning. Right now in China it is 4:30am CST Tuesday 7/9 and it is 4:30pm ET 7/8 in Florida. Of course if a question is sent Friday at 4pm that means they will receive it Saturday at 4:30am and it won't be answered until Sunday CST which will be Monday morning when I receive it ET. That is why you received your answer today.

Requesting a video is common practice from these companies including EBT stationed in PA and they can be reached by telephone. They are still going to request a video. I know because I had to send several videos to EBT showing them the problem I was having with the Liberty Trike. I automatically (because I know how these companies work) sent AM a couple videos and pictures about this stem/fork problem and they responded with videos and pictures to fix the problem. I never had any issues with the M-330 so I never had to ask them a problem question. I think any company would ask for a video regarding a "wobble" question but Addmotor is going to respond to your specific question after you provide a video. Even though I asked a similar question of them they are not going to send you the video they made for me. They will send a video just for your problem. These guys are pretty sharp.

I received the same video as you. But in viewing it again I saw that the washer/shim for the hold down screw was in the wrong place. I corrected it and now the front fork is as tight as it should be.

However, I noticed a new quirk, this time in the electrical system.

The headlight on off switch works fine BUT when the headlight is on, the dimmer toggle does nothing. When the headlight is off and the dimmer toggle is pressed, the headlight comes on, and the headlight on/off switch does nothing. It appears wires are crossed sonewhere.

I received the same video as you. But in viewing it again I saw that the washer/shim for the hold down screw was in the wrong place. I corrected it and now the front fork is as tight as it should be.

However, I noticed a new quirk, this time in the electrical system.

The headlight on off switch works fine BUT when the headlight is on, the dimmer toggle does nothing. When the headlight is off and the dimmer toggle is pressed, the headlight comes on, and the headlight on/off switch does nothing. It appears wires are crossed sonewhere.

I noticed that when I press the on switch for the headlight it comes on but the dimmer switch doesn't dim the headlight. I'll have to check this but I wonder if the dimmer switch turns on the dimmed headlight and the headlight switch turns on the main headlight. It would be a little cumbersome but at least it wouldn't be an electrical issue.

YEP, I checked it and that is exactly how it works. In both cases the back lights turn on as well.

Last edited:
I noticed that when I press the on switch for the headlight it comes on but the dimmer switch doesn't dim the headlight. I'll have to check this but I wonder if the dimmer switch turns on the dimmed headlight and the headlight switch turns on the main headlight. It would be a little cumbersome but at least it wouldn't be an electrical issue.

YEP, I checked it and that is exactly how it works. In both cases the back lights turn on as well.
Here is the reply from Addmotor:

Hello Gerald,

Sorry for the late reply.
We just confirmed this problem with our factory.
The rocker and switch both control the headlight on/off.
The brightness of the headlight cannot be adjusted.
Best regards
Addmotor

That's ok with me. I doubt I would have used high/low beam anyway. I hardly ever use the directional signal - not sure anyone behind me would know what it means except as a warning flasher.

[email protected]

Here is the reply from Addmotor:

Hello Gerald,

Sorry for the late reply.
We just confirmed this problem with our factory.
The rocker and switch both control the headlight on/off.
The brightness of the headlight cannot be adjusted.
Best regards
Addmotor

That's ok with me. I doubt I would have used high/low beam anyway. I hardly ever use the directional signal - not sure anyone behind me would know what it means except as a warning flasher.

[email protected]

I just came back from 2 weeks overseas. I purchased another battery for the M-360 (I have two batteries for all my electric trikes). I haven't had a chance to ride since I came back Sunday but I'll check everything before hitting the beach with the M-360. How is going for you Jerry? dave

Back