Trek XM700+ still a good buy?

mizzar

Hey there, my LBS has a new Trek XM700+ for $1,800. I plan on using it for commuting at least 6 miles a day (including carrying a kid around), sometimes maybe 18 miles in the mornings.

Needed a new bike anyway because my carbon can't carry a kid and thought an ebike might be a good choice. The Trek XM700+ seems to check all the boxes for me but I'm wondering, is it still considered a good buy (at $1,800 new from authorized dealer)?

I’m not personally familiar with the XM700 but it seems to review very well. With the Bosch Performance mid-drive, a 400 Wh battery, good drive train and brakes, at almost half MSRP it’s a steal. I assume it comes with the 2 yr warranty.

Yes, it's a Trek store with full 2 year warranty.

So there isn't some cutting edge tech from the last year or two that would make the XM700+ obsolete?

I’m with Dave above. The XM700 is a great bike with that strong performance speed motor. I put 6200 miles on one on two years and liked it a whole lot. Terrific brakes too! Batteries have gotten a bit larger but I’m not aware of any other improvements that make that any less of a really good bike.

Last edited:
A new XM700+ 2018 model? I believe that's the last year they were made. The model only lasted three years from 2016. I have one from 2016 and paid more than 3500 for it OTD. Had no leverage at the time because when I ordered mine it wasn't even in the shops yet. But if you can get one unused for $1800 USD then I'd say why haven't you bought it already? It's a very good bike although most of us who own them have probably spent around $1k in upgrades like spare battery, front forks, suspension seat, etc. On the other hand, there were some comments in the Trek section about a new version of the XM700+ being produced. But you wouldn't get that for $1800 and I doubt it'll have enough improvements that any of us who have added upgrades will do a trade in.

Hey there, my LBS has a new Trek XM700+ for $1,800. I plan on using it for commuting at least 6 miles a day (including carrying a kid around), sometimes maybe 18 miles in the mornings.

Needed a new bike anyway because my carbon can't carry a kid and thought an ebike might be a good choice.

The Trek XM700+ seems to check all the boxes for me but I'm wondering, is it still considered a good buy (at $1,800 new from authorized dealer)?

Not a bad deal at almost half price... Retail Price: $3500

1570937349946.png

Ok, then I guess I'm going for it. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you all know if I have any questions or shares!

Back