Trek VS Specialized

I’m more than a year and a half into ownership of a Specialized eBike. I learned an hour ago that the frame has cracked and it needs an entire new one under warranty. This is on top of other build quality issues which are well reported on the Specialized pages on this site.
The new Allant+ 8 looks fantastic and an almost like for like replacement for my Specialized.
Am I going to be in for more disappointment with Trek build quality? Has anyone owned both brands and can say that one seems better than the other? I will try the Trek next as I definitely will not own the Specialized outside of warranty. Hoping the Trek experience will be a better one!

I have read numerous posts in other threads on this forum that state that Trek’s customer service is awesome, while Specialzed at best gets mediocre reviews. I’m also planning to get an Allant+8 fr my wife next spring... it looks like the perfect sporty ebike!

I’m more than a year and a half into ownership of a Specialized eBike. I learned an hour ago that the frame has cracked and it needs an entire new one under warranty. This is on top of other build quality issues which are well reported on the Specialized pages on this site.
The new Allant+ 8 looks fantastic and an almost like for like replacement for my Specialized.
Am I going to be in for more disappointment with Trek build quality? Has anyone owned both brands and can say that one seems better than the other? I will try the Trek next as I definitely will not own the Specialized outside of warranty. Hoping the Trek experience will be a better one!

From Specialized website

GLOBAL WARRANTY POLICY

"We stand behind our frames—forever. This means we offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner against structural defects in material or workmanship on ALL models of Specialized-branded frames and forks. This includes seatstays and chainstays on full-suspension bikes."

Hello Turbo Vado Pip,
I own and ride two Trek e-Bikes, an XM700+ Commuter and a Powerfly 7 MTB. Both bikes are three years old with 5,200 combined miles.
Zero problems.

As far a Trek Service...A quick story. When my Powefly 7 mtb arrived at my LBS the plastic thumb controller was damaged in shipping....
The part was back ordered and temporally of stock. Rather than have me wait until ?? and Trek said you shouldn't have to
parts swap on a new bike, so they sent a second Powerfly 7 mtb to my Connecticut LBS from Waterloo Wisconsin
and I was out riding in four days.

Trek has one of the best support of any eBike sold by an LBS. I’m amazed by the support and quality of their builds. I have several friends, daily riders, with over 7000 trouble free miles. Bosch batteries have some of the best, safest, and well designed battery management systems available. I buy cells from a Bosch reject reseller. Rather than repair problem packs they reject and send to the DIY market. I’ve been a critic, but learned I was completely utterly and totally wrong. It just doesn’t get better. I’m soon to finish a from scratch build of an eBike. By the time I’m finished I’ll have spent as much as a retail price of a Trek. I’ve spent from $2500- $3500 on kit bikes that meet OEM quality. Support you’re local Trek dealer. Their products are among the best on the market. The Bosch warray is golden.

I too agree, Trek is far superior for support, I'd not consider any off-brand with piss poor reviews of previous issues that have difficulty resolving. This is my opinion. Until such time an equal or better option is available, it's a no brainer to choose a Trek. I did my homework and got really turned off by the lousy support stories and conversations with Specialized dealers in my area. If the support network as strong as Trek has continues, I'm a Trekkie!!

Back