Purchased

Tonip

Region
Australia
I purchased my Trek FX2+ e-bike in Australia May 2023.

I am 69 & usually ride with a group of mostly older riders with an increasing uptake of e-bikes. Our rides are mostly 30-60 kms with occasional hills and some rare bad ones. I initially looked down a little on e-bikes thinking you wouldn’t get much exercise however my mindset changed after I went on a multi day cycling holiday in the central west of NSW doing many kms each day. We were all on e-bikes - however much heavier ones than the FX2+.

I experienced how an e-bike feels in eco mode to ride and how you could get a boost when going up a big hill if you needed it and if you were feeling a bit tired. So after this holiday I was aware that you still peddled and got plenty of exercise, changed gears as usual and also could access some power when you needed it. I decided I would treat myself to an e-bike and started researching what was the lightest e-bike available.

My other normal bike is a Trek FX3 and it is a beautiful bike to ride. I needed to find a bike that was light in weight that I could pick up to attach it to my car & transport to group ride starting points.

I ended up deciding on the Trek FX2+ after liking the look of it (it didn’t look like an e-bike). I took one on a test ride at my local TREK store. It even felt a bit like my other bike in how it fit me.

I’ve had my new bike for 3 months now and happy to report that it is just right for my riding needs. It is a beautiful bike to ride even without using any power at all - it just glides along so smoothly. On group rides I might use the lowest power for maybe less than 250 metres total of the entire ride. The best thing is that if I need it, just a simple tap and I have some extra power up the hill and I usually untap power it at the top. I feel I have the best of bikes for me - it’s the lightest
e-bike and I can lift it onto the Thule bike rack to transport it to group ride starts. I can a be riding what feels like a beaut Trek bike and have some power if I need it. It has back and front lights for safety on the shared paths and roads.

Charging it is easy and I only need to charge every few rides.

Very happy with my Trek FX2+.

I purchased my Trek FX2+ e-bike in Australia May 2023.

I am 69 & usually ride with a group of mostly older riders with an increasing uptake of e-bikes. Our rides are mostly 30-60 kms with occasional hills and some rare bad ones. I initially looked down a little on e-bikes thinking you wouldn’t get much exercise however my mindset changed after I went on a multi day cycling holiday in the central west of NSW doing many kms each day. We were all on e-bikes - however much heavier ones than the FX2+.

I experienced how an e-bike feels in eco mode to ride and how you could get a boost when going up a big hill if you needed it and if you were feeling a bit tired. So after this holiday I was aware that you still peddled and got plenty of exercise, changed gears as usual and also could access some power when you needed it. I decided I would treat myself to an e-bike and started researching what was the lightest e-bike available.

My other normal bike is a Trek FX3 and it is a beautiful bike to ride. I needed to find a bike that was light in weight that I could pick up to attach it to my car & transport to group ride starting points.

I ended up deciding on the Trek FX2+ after liking the look of it (it didn’t look like an e-bike). I took one on a test ride at my local TREK store. It even felt a bit like my other bike in how it fit me.

I’ve had my new bike for 3 months now and happy to report that it is just right for my riding needs. It is a beautiful bike to ride even without using any power at all - it just glides along so smoothly. On group rides I might use the lowest power for maybe less than 250 metres total of the entire ride. The best thing is that if I need it, just a simple tap and I have some extra power up the hill and I usually untap power it at the top. I feel I have the best of bikes for me - it’s the lightest
e-bike and I can lift it onto the Thule bike rack to transport it to group ride starts. I can a be riding what feels like a beaut Trek bike and have some power if I need it. It has back and front lights for safety on the shared paths and roads.

Charging it is easy and I only need to charge every few rides.

Very happy with my Trek FX2+.
Welcome. Pictures please.

Back