Trek Super Commuter 7 - $3599

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
This is a really nice bike for the money. So glad to see this version of the Super Commuter.
Some of the components are downgraded from the SC8+ but they are still adequate and for the money/service, this seems like a great commuter bike.

1365000_2018_A_2_Super_Commuter_7

Trek has dabbled in ebikes for a long time. Just a couple years of serious offerings and they are rising to the top of the heap fast! So good to see and very good for us and the industry. There's nothing like serious competition to raise the bar, and lower prices.

Just test drove the Super Commuter 7. Compared it to a Giant Quick e+ and Haibike. The Trek bike really put a smile on my face. So comfortable! and really dampened the vibrations I experienced when going over same bumps with the Giant Quick e+.

Getting very hard to find an XM 700. Spoke to a Trek dealer today (not quite sure if they were really in the loop) but they said they cannot get the XM 700. Anybody know for sure what is going on with that bike. Want to test ride one. Maybe coming in the spring?

Please give a full review after you have had a chance to run it through its paces. One thing I am curious about is the gearing. The front sprocket is so small... do you get to really get up to high speeds 34+mph with out the motor engaged? I have tested it but only on level terrain. When going down hills I like to hit high speeds to make it up the next hill. I have no doubt about the motor capabilities. Thank you

Please give a full review after you have had a chance to run it through its paces. One thing I am curious about is the gearing. The front sprocket is so small... do you get to really get up to high speeds 34+mph with out the motor engaged? I have tested it but only on level terrain. When going down hills I like to hit high speeds to make it up the next hill. I have no doubt about the motor capabilities. Thank you

is this for my Super Commuter 8s? or the above conversation?

I just ordered my Trek Commuter 7 bike...can't wait to get it. I'm wondering if I need to change out the seat post to a thudbust post?
You should try out the new Body Float, they have really got that seat suspension dialed in. I live in Bellingham, WA where they are made. They are constantly refining and improving their suspension seat post. Really a great bunch of guys. I do some Beta test riding for them when they want feedback from heavyweights.

Last edited:
Hi, How do like it ? I am supposed to pick one up today, I hope I am making a good decision...... I was looking at specialized turbo Vado 5.0 as well ..

I like the Specialized bikes but support does not seem to be anywhere near as good and they kind of left their customers down by not supporting the earlier versions of the Vado.

I just saw Trek released another ebike the Verve starting at 2K. I have a feeling by 2019 the ebike market is going to be full tilt.

Thank you for a quick reply, that's what I thought I will stick with super 8.0 and enjoy. Thanks again.

Grats on New Bike Day! Mind giving a review after you've ridden it a bit? Always nice to hear in someone's own words what its like.

After 100 miles of riding on my Trek commuter 7, I know I made the right decision. The bike is very solid and sturdy and had no problem climbing some step hills that are about 1200 ft in elevation (Turbo). I am in my mid 40's and it was great to be able to paddle without stopping until I've reached the top. My only complaint about the bike is the rear rack is not design for the different type of panniers. I purchased a Ortielb bag and will need to modify it to fit. Overall I am very satisfied with the bike!

Back