TREK DOMANE + HP: Warning Do Not Buy a Trek ebike Domane+ HP/LT Without Watching This Video First!

MrNoFluFF.com

Region
USA
UPDATE: 17 DAY OWNERSHIP OWNER’S REVIEW OF MY NEW 2021 TREK DOMANE + HP

If you are potential buyer please understand I don't have a dog in the race nor am I bad mouthing the nice people in Trek.

I am just sharing with you the problems I have had with 2021 New Trek Domane HP in the 30 days of ownership.

Actual out the 30 days of ownership, the bike has been in sitting in the shop 13 days, so really I only had this bike under my hands for only 17 days.

17 days of ownership, I am having all these problem without solutions to many of the problems. Problems are as follows:

1. "Clicking Sound" under motor / cranks when pedaling. Please watch short video showing the problem

2. "Bad Wheels" - 3rd broken spoke in 17 days and Trek refuses to fix it correctly and they just put a Band-Aid on the problem and send me down the street.
(VIDEO PROOF). Please watch this short video

3. The Chain coming off or jumping off in front causing small damage to my frame. I heard clicking noise as stated in #1 and then the chain came off in the front section and fell under the crank arms.

4. Creaking Sound ISO-Speed feature. I hear Cracking sounds in the Iso-speed feature when I move my body to the left or right sometimes.

5. MOTOR errors Engine Code Errors 550 and 503

6. Battery problems - Battery would not comes out and was stuck in body of the frame.

7. Front and Back lights shorting and cutting out problems (took to shop 3 times and problems still not fixed)

8. Rear derailer would not shift right, and to the bike to trek dealer 9 times and problem was not fixed.

9. Hand-bar tape came off after first day ride.

10. THE WOREST PART IS Trek certified mechanics do NOT know how to work on the electrical bikes. I have been forced to take my ebike to three different trek stores. Two where TREK owned store to I found someone that can work on it and still not great work from support on electrical bike.

Lastly, potentially buyers there will be few people attacking me or try to muddle up the waters so you can not see clearly!
Just remember my speculation is they work for Trek one way or anther like " Trek Store owners, Trek-Online-reputation-management-Team, or just people that do not benefit for me telling you the truth about my story with Trek ebike HP because one way or another they are the primary beneficiaries $$

BUYERS BEWARED!
- REMEMBER I TOOK MY TIME TO SPOT-OUT THE HOLE IN THE GROUND FOR YOU SO YOU DONT FALL IN LIKE I DID, ONLY REASON WHY I AM MAKING THIS POST IS TO SAVE YOU SO YOU DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE BECAUSE WHEN I DID MY due-diligence many the people on this Fourm WHERE RAVING ABOUT HOW NICE THE BIKE IS however, my experience is you'll spend $$$$$ and just buy yourself a headache

7 Problems in 14 Days Ownership: 2021 Trek Domane HP Electrical Bike​

Last edited:
UPDATE: 17 DAY OWNERSHIP OWNER’S REVIEW OF MY NEW 2021 TREK DOMANE + HP

If you are potential buyer please understand I don't have a dog in the race nor am I bad mouthing the nice people in Trek.

I am just sharing with you the problems I have had with 2021 New Trek Domane HP in the 30 days of ownership.

Actual out the 30 days of ownership, the bike has been in sitting in the shop 13 days, so really I only had this bike under my hands for only 17 days.

17 days of ownership, I am having all these problem without solutions to many of the problems.

Problems are as follows:

1. "Clicking Sound" under motor / cranks when pedaling. Please watch short video showing the problem

2. "Bad Wheels" - 3rd broken spoke in 17 days and Trek refuses to fix it correctly and they just put a Band-Aid on the problem and send me down the street.
(VIDEO PROOF). Please watch this short video

3. The Chain coming off or jumping off in front causing small damage to my frame. I heard clicking noise as stated in #1 and then the chain came off in the front section and fell under the crank arms.

4. Creaking Sound ISO-Speed feature. I hear Cracking sounds in the Iso-speed feature when I move my body to the left or right sometimes.

5. MOTOR errors Engine Code Errors 550 and 503

6. Battery problems - Battery would not comes out and was stuck in body of the frame.

7. Front and Back lights shorting and cutting out problems (took to shop 3 times and problems still not fixed)

8. Rear derailer would not shift right, and to the bike to trek dealer 9 times and problem was not fixed.

9. Hand-bar tape came off after first day ride.
  1. THE WOREST PART IS Trek certified mechanics do NOT know how to work on the electrical bikes. I have been forced to take my ebike to three different Trek Corp own Bike shops to I found someone that can work on it.

Lastly, potentially buyers there will be few people attacking me or try to muddle up the waters so you can not see clearly!
Just remember my speculation is they work for Trek one way or anther like " Trek Store owners, Trek-Online-reputation-management-Team, or just people that do not benefit for me telling you the truth about my story with Trek ebike HP because one way or another they are the primary beneficiaries $$

BUYERS BEWARED!
- REMEMBER I TOOK MY TIME TO SPOT-OUT THE HOLE IN THE GROUND FOR YOU SO YOU DONT FALL IN LIKE I DID, ONLY REASON WHY I AM MAKING THIS POST IS TO SAVE YOU SO YOU DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE BECAUSE WHEN I DID MY due-diligence many the people on this Fourm WHERE RAVING ABOUT HOW NICE THE BIKE IS however, my experience is you'll spend $$$$$ and just buy yourself a headache
I’d be very pissed also! I’d push for Trek to take the bike back, give you a refund, and/or get you a new bike.
Best of luck getting this made right.

Wow, that's a huge TREKing disappointment for you and your family this summer!
To think you've invested all that precious family time and money in a misery machine unsupported by real troubleshooters.

Read up on the great threads on Ebr about this amazing road ebike. That and some required work on your part (due to the inferior dealer service) will fix most of your ebikes issues. One problem at a time...

1 problem: Seems that the rear wheel is not tensioned properly...you could take it out and bring it to a regular bike store to tension it (35-65$) and also replace the 2 spokes that broke off. And then call Trek and complain to get this refunded plus 275$ for the headaches/time.

The problem is that the dealer you had to go to doesn't have skilled techs. Is that store a TREK owned store ??

And not everyone can and is willing to wrench on their ebike, which is totally understandable but kind of needed for an ebike.

Last edited:
Sad, I'd just tell them I want my money back and look into consumer protection laws in my state, check with my credit card issuer about pull back. What happens when your warranty runs out and you are stuck with an very expensive bike with unavailable support or have to pay for incompetent service every time there is a issue with your already very problematic bike?
I see your bike has 24 spoke rims. I was concerned about strength of 24 spoke wheels on my BH gravel ebike but haven't had any break under some fairly rough conditions. My bike does have straight pull bladed spokes which are supposed to be a bit stronger. I also carry two replacement spokes because straight pull can easily be replaced on the road.

Last edited:
What happens when your warranty runs out and you are stuck with an very expensive bike with unavailable support or have to pay for incompetent service every time there is a issue with your already very problematic bike?

Yes, that is the most imp. aspect when buying an Ebike. I hear that Yamaha ebikes and the Yamaha motors themselves are great ! Shimano/Brose motors are good as well.
I could prob. handle a Bosch ebike too b/c there's at least 6+ dealers near by.

My Domane HP had a few issues too when I first got it. I had a ton of noise from the chain ring and motor which took a rear derailleur adjustment. My ISO speed was very noise at the seat post. I adjusted mine which is very easy to do to the most forward position and it got rid of the noise. I think the flex in the post has a lot to do with the noise. It has never come back. I still have a few things rattling around my handle bars etc on bumpy roads but I think with everything on the bars I have to accept it. These are good bikes you need to find a competent dealer which I would believe should be your selling dealer.

I think another thing I heard in your video was a clicking noise when you are not pedaling and maybe going over rougher surfaces. That might be common on Bosch bikes. You could ask some of those questions on the Bosch specific side of this forum. It has been helpful for me.

I think another thing I heard in your video was a clicking noise when you are not pedaling and maybe going over rougher surfaces. That might be common on Bosch bikes. You could ask some of those questions on the Bosch specific side of this forum. It has been helpful for me.
Clicking noise not common on my Allant+7.

Thanks for you comment!

I had noise issues on my Trek Allant 9.9s, it was the stock freehub, had it replaced twice, still making a loud noise, my LBS suggested I install a "Industry Nine" freehub, I was told warranty would not cover it but that should fix the problem, I did have the "Industry Nine" freehub installed, so far that has fix the noise issue when I pedal, but it does have a marginal sound when coasting, still much better that the loud noise from the stock freehub.

Back